onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton (A) match thread - 20th April

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Plenty will moan about that but i have said all along i will give him the rebuild did very well at WBS,Donny and Sheff Wed and wasn't given time to build at Huddersfield,my guess is he has been promised funds and the bit i did like was the talk of changing the structure of the club,that to me said he wants to ditch all the DF <ovf censored> apart from maybe the youth set up but hopefully the recruitment process will be ditched and a proper scouting network set up

I'm with you me owd fruit , These players bar the odd few have crumbled like Cheshire cheese since end of Oct last year they're total bottle jobs imo and DM couldn't do much about it , he was thrown under the bus by Fraudcroft and carol due to P### poor player recruitment # A bloody shambles 

• Like 1

Advert

3 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

I understand and if things change for me I will be travelling 4 hrs there as well.  Mostly to buy a load of oatcakes for the freezer, put some flowers on mum and dads grave, then watch the game.  Spend some money in the shop as well.  

Seen this happen to the Vale, so many times, yo-yo club, but the last 2 seasons have hurt so much.  Like many fans, very unhappy, sad and when the season finishes watching for the news of players leaving, players coming in ready for next season.  

What a nice post . 

• Like 3

Just a couple of questions. When is the plane flying over Vale Park with the banner saying " We stood there laughing" ? And the player of the season awards? Seriously we got away with it last season but we didn't learn from our mistakes this time unfortunately

Sent from my SM-A505FN using onevalefan mobile app

I can't say I am at all happy we are relegated, but overall I feel relief that this is over. I'm glad we are down, it's deserved. I hope we a unemotional and clinical in having a proper clear out, to remove the battle-scarred, the weak, the feeble and the perennially injured. 

I'm glad we have not taken it to the last game. Had we taken it to the last game, had we put up a better fight, it might have encouraged the club to keep hold some. I hope they don't

I do feel sorry for some of the backroom staff who no doubt have been trying their best to do well for the club, based on a steer from the recently departed. No doubt the new L2 regime and limited funds will mean many will be shown the door. 

We have dropped through one trap door. Next season there is no safety net, a repeat of the mistakes of this season and the unthinkable could happen.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Im going down to Somerset. No reason just fancy the drive, thought it might be more entertaining. To get the real Valepark atmosphere might get the wife to boo me when I get lost.

When you doing that brother. Let me k ow and I'll come meet you for a beer. Just DONT make it next Saturday eh, 'cause I'll be at Vale Park. Singing my heart out how much I love the Vale Till I Die ... If you were there YOU could sing along too.

UTV

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

But we wouldn't want it any other way would we? How boring it must be if you're a Man City/Liverpool/Arsenal supporter and not have to worry about the odd relegation! 🙃

You just never know what will happen with Vale.  It never goes like you want it to from one season to another, as something good will happen and then bad.  You sit there wondering, why do I do this week in week out.  But we all do. 

Already wondering what the pre-season will bring player wise.  Who will go - please get rid of this years dross somehow.  Who will come in.  The big question - will we get any decent strikers or will there be any strikers bought?  🤣

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

You just never know what will happen with Vale.  It never goes like you want it to from one season to another, as something good will happen and then bad.  You sit there wondering, why do I do this week in week out.  But we all do. 

Already wondering what the pre-season will bring player wise.  Who will go - please get rid of this years dross somehow.  Who will come in.  The big question - will we get any decent strikers or will there be any strikers bought?  🤣

You've defined perfectly what being a PV fan is all about! 😯

• Like 5

5 hours ago, LancyTony said:

As for my absence - it has nothing to do with not being paid by Flitcroft - which is very nearly libellous - but more to do with my recovering from having half a leg amputated! I rarely have to worry about the upset I may cause people on here - my personal attacks are mostly in response to being attacked

Good luck with the recovery 👍 yoi could get a game up front for us next week and probably be more effective than some. 

5 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Said it was a big rebuilding job, and it was important to get ‘the structures’ right - not sure what was meant by that.

I assumed he meant the behind the scenes structure. I don’t believe that he came into the club blind to how we operated and I think his appointment is also a big factor in DF going and i think he will get more say than I believe Crosby had in transfer dealings 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 2

Well I had a feeling today would be a joyful day for Stoke supporters and that's how it turned out 

Very embarrassed by the teams performances this season .

However I'm still VTID and it's not like we have not played on league 2 before ,most of my Vale supporting years have been in that shambolic kick and rush league where away support is do damn poor but still the teams with the crap support still beat Vale more often than not .

A very bad day for the club ABBA voyage was great London I like cannot say like prices though pint of Guinness and pint of lager top 18.87 .

St Paul s cathedral phew 528 steps too top .

Pick and choose games next season as today proves I can find better things do than watch Vale show themselves UP.

As soon as saw team news ,no intention of winning as same crap side who couldn't beat a egg never mind beat a Bolton team who love playing us 

What a bunch of bottle jobs though .

You couldn't make it up that this set of players was worse than Smurfs catalogue collection .

Not even that hurt by them going down losing last 4 games says it all about the players ability and mental strength .

Goodbye league 1 in general both years it's being absolutely terrible .

Hello League 2 where there's hardly any attractive fixtures in fact I cannot think of any you would class as mouthwatering .

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 1

Will you bury  me under the Bycars

will you bury me under the sun

will you bury me under the bycars

when my duty to football is done 

I ve got a mate he is silly

cus my mate is a Stoke city fan

if my mate came to watch port vale 

maybe my mate would grow to be a man .

Let’s get back on track next season and stop feeling sorry for ourselves… cricket and euros will take up the summer then let’s get back on it…. Swindon away first game? 

utv

• Like 4

Inevitable. 

Far too many not good enough. 

Far too many not interested. 

Why people clapped them off ill neve know. 

I'm not at the game next week so had to give them my thoughts on the season which is essentially <ovf censored> off. 

• Haha 1