onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wycombe (H) match thread - 16th April

Advert

15 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

And that’s that, down we go. 

Another uninspiring Darren Moore interview on BBC, “football has a beautiful side and a cruel side”. I don’t want to <ovf censored> hear that after 1 point in 5 games and relegation all but confirmed. 

As far as I’m concerned, Moore can do one, as well 95% of them pathetic footballers.

I’m absolutely seething. 

Can’t wait for Saturday…

The only beautiful side for Moore is his wage. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mr1876 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣We wouldn't beat Bolton lads an dads 

Indeed. Even in an alternative fantasy land we will not be beating Bolton. Basically rewatch last week at Peterboro for a sneak preview of the outcome.

• Like 2

Thankfully I’ve not been able to see our last 2 home games.

Looks like we are getting what we what we deserve in relegation. The stats on the season are horrendous.

Carol has really <ovf censored> up in my view. Placed too much trust in a DoF who looked like he had all the money and power with unequivocal support and unquestioned, shows more interest in community awards and personal honours than the football side. With piss poor recruitment and extremely top heavy costs in non playing football staff this is a very avoidable relegation which I think is completely self inflicted due to poor decision making by her.

Major rethink needed of football structures within the back room teams, to more wisely spend, what’s going to be minimum a reduction of 1million  budget. I would try and offload every single player except lads from the academy to rebuild. This group of players are losers. No winning mentality with senior players demanding standards. Too many players in this squad have previous relegation on CV’s.

The jury’s also out on the manager for me. The players he inherited are <ovf censored>, I think this is why subs always make us worse but this is Flitcroft’s vision of L1 players so it’s unfair to judge him on this season. I do have a nagging doubt though…the way he talks in press conferences about ‘Port Vale Football Club’ rather than ‘we’ makes me believe he has a relegation release clause. If that’s the case and he does go I’d be very concerned Carol can make the right appointment. 

Edited by MBE
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

The only beautiful side for Moore is his wage. 

I can’t help but think that perhaps Mark Kennedy (ex Lincoln) would have been the better option. A bloke who’s worked with smaller budgets, rather than Moore who’s predominantly worked on bigger budgets. Hindsight is a wondering thing, of course.

I just can’t help feel disappointed with Moore, and more so disconnected.

Hey ho, at least Flickers tied him down for 5-years…

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

One final thing…..

That first 6 minutes.

<ovf censored> me. I know fans can exaggerate at times but honestly, a pub side would have been at least one up.

I actually thought that crap professional footballers had been replaced for 6 minutes by blokes who’d won a raffle.

Shameful. 
For thousands of pounds a week, it was utter shameful.

Yes, this was so disgraceful I was seriously considering walking out. It was so bad, I contemplated if the left side defence had taken a bribe. 

But fair play, the team finally got going and deserved better than a loss. 

On 15/04/2024 at 13:16, Warren said:

Why was Weir signed? I'm seeing Natuonal League with him. Our youngsters, Dipepe aside, are not L1 level yet - maybe never. 

But we just have to give it max effort and hope we have a bit of luck. It's a confidence game and we must hope Wycombe don't score first or the wheels may come off big time. 

Perhaps because he scored 10 goals from midfield in this league last season, for a team fighting relegation?

Back in the day, in the last 5 mins they’d have put the goalie, the kitchen sink and every ounce of sinew in the box to get a goal. There’s more fight in the queue for a Ginasti’s ice cream on bank hall rd. get rid of the crap as soon as possible 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

I can’t help but think that perhaps Mark Kennedy (ex Lincoln) would have been the better option. A bloke who’s worked with smaller budgets, rather than Moore who’s predominantly worked on bigger budgets. Hindsight is a wondering thing, of course.

I just can’t help feel disappointed with Moore, and more so disconnected.

Hey ho, at least Flickers tied him down for 5-years…

5 years 

good God why did we ever give him that ??

5 minutes ago, Wandering Seagull said:

Perhaps because he scored 10 goals from midfield in this league last season, for a team fighting relegation?

Can you come and collect him, I wouldn’t trust him to find his way off the pitch let alone back to Brighton.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wandering Seagull said:

Yeh perhaps he played for a Manager who knew what he was doing.

Give me Derek Adams any day than Moore, in fact give me Fanny Adams !

6 minutes ago, Wandering Seagull said:

He is absolutely <ovf censored>. He will never ever get anywhere near your 1st team and will be very lucky to play above L2 level next season.

• Like 4