onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

No more iFollow

1 minute ago, robf said:

So with Sky showing around 50% of matches there's no way that Vale fans in the UK, who can't go, will use a VPN and log on for the International iFollow coverage of every game, especially the ones not on Sky. 

Yep, that definitely won't happen.

No chance. 

:whistling:

Are you being sarcastic I can’t tell mate 😂 that will be my plan. There will be a way around it I’m sure 

Advert

29 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Are you being sarcastic I can’t tell mate 😂 that will be my plan. There will be a way around it I’m sure 

I think the emoji in my post says it all.

As a respected (sometimes) forum operator I clearly cannot condone such behaviour.

But I bet the Vale will be happier to receive a tenner each (well, their cut of the tenner) from fans who otherwise wouldn't be there than receive nothing at all from fans not in attendance.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

A couple of things, more money for Vale as folk like me gave up on Ifollow years ago due to the less than acceptable quality in the first three seasons. 

It was mentioned a while ago that games would be streamed on Sky Sports outside of the 3pm blackout, therefore it makes sense to close down iFollow domestically. 

If iFollow continues overseas then its a win win for all. 

44 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

A couple of things, more money for Vale as folk like me gave up on Ifollow years ago due to the less than acceptable quality in the first three seasons. 

It was mentioned a while ago that games would be streamed on Sky Sports outside of the 3pm blackout, therefore it makes sense to close down iFollow domestically. 

If iFollow continues overseas then its a win win for all. 

IFollow is much better this season. The only occasional problem is loss of the Radio Stoke commentary.  I don't remember any problems with the video this season.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JRC said:

IFollow is much better this season. The only occasional problem is loss of the Radio Stoke commentary.  I don't remember any problems with the video this season.  

I'd see that as a bonus not as a problem 😉 

• Haha 6

13 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Right...for a complete techno numpty.......asking for a friend obvs......international iFollow subscribers will still get their fix.....erm, be able to watch Vale won't they?

🤔

I certainly hope so . As bad as Vale are , I still look forward to Saturday/Tuesday every season. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

I certainly hope so . As bad as Vale are , I still look forward to Saturday/Tuesday every season. 

I know......my Missus says I'm self harming! She dunner understand......I watched on Wednesday, every single moment and it was.....painful! But it's what we do int it?

• Haha 2

Looks looks International Audiences will carry on as usual and not be affected by any changes.

Thank heaven for that, iFollow has been a lifeline to the Vale for me.

CHANGES TO CURRENT WAYS OF WATCHING

- Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?

From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services

- Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/efl-and-sky-sports-broadcast-rights-agreement/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JRC said:

Yep I agree, iFollow has become very reliable this last few seasons with the only hiccups being the occasional audio blip.

It's come along way from the first few years when the sound and video often weren't synchronized, the video used to cut out/freeze for long periods and sometimes it was touch and go if video could be accessed at all. No score was shown on the screen so if you went to the loo and a team scored you didn't know etc.

Admin - Apols for the above double post, delete one if possible, OVF didn't appear to take the original submission so I tried again.

39 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Looks looks International Audiences will carry on as usual and not be affected by any changes.

Thank heaven for that, iFollow has been a lifeline to the Vale for me.

CHANGES TO CURRENT WAYS OF WATCHING

- Will matches still be available to watch via iFollow, or Clubs’ alternative streaming services?

From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services

- Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/efl-and-sky-sports-broadcast-rights-agreement/

That's great. Now, how do I go about declaring my house as independent to the UK? 🤪