onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Vtid

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Started off probably with the words ....Yeah no. 

Pet hate of mine 🙃

Yeah no, mine too.

We created chaaances first half and if we'd of took more of those chaaances first half then we'd have had a bigger lead going into the second half. 

Erm, I'm not worried because so long as we keep creating chaaances then that's the main thing. 

I hope and pray that DM resigns and we can get a new manager in for next season. He's awful, tactically clueless and has about as much charisma as a sloth. 

His interviews could be prescribed for people who can't sleep! I'm guessing his half time team talk today had that effect on our team! 

Still, as Carol says, I can't believe that little old Port Vale have got Darren Moore! 

I genuinely believe that well be in a relegation fight again this time next year if he's in charge.

Yes, it's maybe a little bit unfair to judge him with this inept squad of players, but what I've witnessed this week is beyond worrying. His substitutions and tactical ineptitude over the last four games are there for all to see. 

• Like 2

Advert

5 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Phenomenal remember - us naughty riff raff in the cheap seats were told that we were all wrong!

All that money spent to take us back where started, but with a worse squad than the famous ‘deadwood collection’.  

still at least we got an MBE and a few accolades so not all bad eh Carol? 

Don't forget the scoreboard 

4 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

The best thing Vale can do in the summer is get rid of Moore and give Ainsworth a call. 

Should have gone all out for him in the first place. No way we would have had that sort of second half under him where we pulled our pants down for Exeter after they would have had a telling off at half-time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Doha said:

I admire your ambition.

As Darren correctly says, this slow motion car crash has been unfolding since last January for all to see. This disastrous relegation was so, so avoidable. That is why so many people are infuriated.

This isn't a cyclical event. It isn't a product of the natural ebbs and flows of the football league. It's happened, unnecessarily, through sheer incompetence, negligence, and unchecked arrogance.

I would agree with the incompetence and negligence. I thought we would have more resilience to avoid this scrap, or at least do better if we ended up in it. We gambled on a particular strategy and it doesn't seem to have paid off, which saddens me a lot.  I think the club need to take a long hard look at this one the summer and learn from it. Thank you for admiring my ambition. I'm infuriated too by the way, it just comes out differently.    

2 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I think there a 95% chance Darren Moore is our manager in August. There’s absolutely no financial reason for him to walk and I don’t think Carol will sack him.

He has manifestly failed in his primary job to keep us up,  and there’s some very concerning things happening around game management, but we’re going to have to get used to him.

They were all over us from the start of the second half , everybody could see a goal coming , a change in formation was so obvious , but I dont think any of the coaching staff had a clue what to do , which , as you say , is very concerning . 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NW9Valiant said:

@Dipepa delight stop quoting your own damn posts ffs unless you've got something to add, it's annoying. 

I'm really at a loss with this result right now. Trying to figure out what is the way forward because I'd be rollicking the players for that second half. 

I just fear we'll hear lots of crap like 'if we play like we did first half, we will stay up'

I reckon, if we play like that, we'll stay up. Just kidding!

Seriously, I need someone to explain that game. How the swing from us being decent to so poor and vice versa. However, the swing in quality the second half was bigger than the first. I.e. they were better in the second half than we were in the first and we were worse second half than they were first.

Second half, Sang looked like he'd never played football before. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Phenomenal remember - us naughty riff raff in the cheap seats were told that we were all wrong!

All that money spent to take us back where started, but with a worse squad than the famous ‘deadwood collection’.  

It makes you sick doesn't it! 

28 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

It’s been clear from day one that Moore is terrible. Clueless. Anyone who thinks Tom sang is a centre half needs to be relieved of their duties. I’ve never known a manager able to sabatage themselves so consistently as him. 
When we needed a new manager I asked for one thing. A thorough recruitment process. And for the second time in a row the owners bragged about not doing that as though it was a good decision and gave him a five year contract. One interview with the guy would have told you enough. 

And yet roll back a few weeks to the number on this very forum, creaming over his appointment. Listen to it now. Why did they think that another 3 wins in 23 games manager would be just what we needed. So the cycle of Port Vale continues be the definition of mugging off and ineptitude. 

9 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Glad someone else see's it. That's all she's about. Getting pats on the back and feeding her own ego. It's why Flitcroft lasted as long as he did. Because her sacking him meant that she had to lose some face and have her ego bruised.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

A good manager. In fact anyone with any ounce of sense wouldn’t send the players out 2nd half 10 yards deeper with no pressure on the ball. And to then make one of the worst substitutions possible. He’s useless. His record suggests he is one of the worst managers we have had. Get rid. Negative turgid rubbish when we play someone in the top half and negative rubbish when we actually get a lead

I'm sure you or someone else has said this is one of the worst vale teams you have seen. Its down to the players. Pretty simple.

Edited by PVFC FAN
  • Confused 2

Just now, Playa Amodores said:

I expect a backlash for this comment. So here goes. The person who saved PVFC will be the person responsible for killing the club. 

I wouldn't go that far. I think she's learning an expensive lesson regarding the meaning of hubris though.

Our midfielders will get the goals. <ovf censored> me. What a club.

• Like 2