onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

James Wilson - out for the season

Doha

Advert

17 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Be careful what you wish for?

Lets sign him back up again on a 2 year contract so he can play <ovf censored> all games yet again like he's done for the past 2 years.

Tell you what I wish for?? That we do not sign a striker that's hardly played for 2 years = James Wilson

Don’t deny that, but 105 games in all competitions since August 2021 isn’t the dire final figure many think. Even this season, he has made 28 appearances which places him 13th highest in the whole squad. 

Wilsons a ok player .

Still think he was going through motions in  most games yet last fri he seemed more at it than usual then he gets injured says it all really. 

We thank him for his efforts though at times he as shone but in my opinion not enough times especially in L1 .

Wish  well at next club 

All the best to him never forget league 2 campaign he was excellent but league 1 too much of a step up for him along with many others in fact list be very small for players who have stepped up.

I

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Confused 1

Think he'll be released ( again). Still probably played twice the amount of games of a certain ' defender ' who still has a year left .

A very gifted player blighted by injury at Vale but played a big part in us getting promotion and gave us that goal at Derby .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Don’t deny that, but 105 games in all competitions since August 2021 isn’t the dire final figure many think. Even this season, he has made 28 appearances which places him 13th highest in the whole squad. 

How many minutes did he actually play in those 105 appearances?

16 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

1,593 minutes this season, which actually means he played the 10th highest number of total minutes in the whole squad. What does that say about the others? 

Equates to under 18 games out of how many games will we end up playing by the end of the season?

Very poor and does indeed question the others but because he is 10th on the most appearance list this season does not mean he he deserves a new contract.

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

He may have effectively gone but despite the injuries, is one of the most successful strikers we have had since Pope, which yes is damning with faint praise as the candidate list is very short…

Even so, be careful what you wish for because it has been proven hard to find better…

Will probably get Butterworth back when he gets the push from Carlisle. I’m calling it now! 

Be careful what you wish for? He’s scored 7 goals in two years. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

1,593 minutes this season, which actually means he played the 10th highest number of total minutes in the whole squad. What does that say about the others? 

I think it says a lot of them are crap, but not necessarily injured 🤣🤣🤣🤣😍😍

Edited by Hoppers

I am gutted for him. When we needed him he stepped up and was part of a great promotion team. While I think we should do what we can to support him, the best we can realistically offer is a play and pay deal which I don't think would be good for him. A lower slower level which is easier on his body would be better for his immediate future.

He has my best wishes. Good luck to the lad.

• Like 4

I feel for JW, not just cuz he is a Biddulph lad, but because for whatever reasons, he could go down as one of the great unfulfilled potentials - such a shame for the lad. Personally, I'm not so sure we have seen the last of him. And if the stats on his games are correct, he has been available for far more games than I seem to remember.

Staying or going, I wish him all the best.

Edited by Hoppers
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Like League 2 😆

4 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Like League 2 😆

I absolutely agree but I do worry about the treatment he has been given; as as a podiatrist with an MSc the treatment for a hamstring injury should be to build the strength of tge quads to prevent rotation through the knee and hamstring an Newton’s third law of motion’ for every movement one direction, there is an explicit movement in the opposing direction but I don’t work there anymore but I wish him the utmost best for the future and if he does continue I do believe lower league football is the best option and he may join Tom Conlon?

• Thanks 1