onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I cant believe some really do think that those still here at the moment are the ones we start with in August,i will state now that a fair few will be leaving.

As someone else said if Uche has an option of another year(thanks to DF) then we have to go the right way about it. I am hoping some of these talks include with Garrity to extend his contract by another 2yrs

Ikpeazu will be fine in League Two if we can get someone with pace to play alongside him that's a more natural finisher. He's toothless but he's also a handful.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Advert

21 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Ikpeazu will be fine in League Two if we can get someone with pace to play alongside him that's a more natural finisher. He's toothless but he's also a handful.

So, if last Saturday's game v Cambridge was actually a League 2 game and not a League 1 game, he would have scored with that header?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

At 34 is Smith an option after his release from Salford?

Just throwing his name into the hat.

If Moore wants to play based around a target man I wouldn't discount him. If he was playing for us this season I think we would have stayed up. Salford have also released Elliott Watt. 12 months ago some big clubs were looking at him and he was in the EFL league 2 side. 

FGR have released Matty Stevens who scored a heap of goals when they got promoted.  Also Dominic Bernard who I think was their main RWB/ Rightback when they were good; although he also takes the same accolade now they are pretty poor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

So, if last Saturday's game v Cambridge was actually a League 2 game and not a League 1 game, he would have scored with that header?

Far better strikers than Ikpeazu miss chances up and down the land every week.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cast said:

This hotel notion would never work. I stay in hotels all the time on business all over the country so who woukd stay in this hotel? Businessmen during the week? (Hardly any big businesses in the area) and the ones  that do visit SOT on business will go to the 2 Hanley hotels. The weekend market? Weekenders visiting Burslem like  Edinburgh or York? Doubt it. The Asylum seekers market might work, but the George hotel has that market wrapped up. A hotel in Burslem wouldn’t work in my opinion 

That’s fine mate I was just floating ideas 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JRC said:

If Moore wants to play based around a target man I wouldn't discount him. If he was playing for us this season I think we would have stayed up. Salford have also released Elliott Watt. 12 months ago some big clubs were looking at him and he was in the EFL league 2 side. 

FGR have released Matty Stevens who scored a heap of goals when they got promoted.  Also Dominic Bernard who I think was their main RWB/ Rightback when they were good; although he also takes the same accolade now they are pretty poor.

Stevens a big yes , Bernard no he’s a ###t

3 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

That’s fine mate I was just floating ideas 

Wasn’t having a go by the way. Floating ideas are good. I like what Orient have done  with the flats in their corners which might work . 

Just now, cast said:

Wasn’t having a go by the way. Floating ideas are good. I like what Orient have done  with the flats in their corners which might work . 

Not for one second did I think your having a go , not at all it was a great constructive answer . Like the flats idea a lot tbh , could be an excellent revinue  stream 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Yes, you are not wrong, there are far better strikers up and down the country than Ikpeazu

And the vast majority of them will be out of our reach for numerous reasons. I'm no fan of Uche. I wouldn't care less if both him and Loft were on the move as long as they are replaced. But out of the two, I think he has a bit more of the nuisance factor than Loft. If we were a League Two club and we signed Ikpeazu I think most would be saying what a great signing it is.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

And the vast majority of them will be out of our reach for numerous reasons. I'm no fan of Uche. I wouldn't care less if both him and Loft were on the move as long as they are replaced. But out of the two, I think he has a bit more of the nuisance factor than Loft. If we were a League Two club and we signed Ikpeazu I think most would be saying what a great signing it is.

Everyone said what a good signing he was when he re-signed for us.

Out of contract, time to move on whilst we have got a chance of it happening

• Like 1