onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, jeffers said:

They won’t be. DM had very little option but to use them, I’m sure he knows what we all have seen. 
My money is on Tozer & Smith being the first signings.

Tozer is a career long L2 / National League defender aged 34. Wrexham have let him go at the end of his contract because they need an L1 defender after promotion. Why is he a solution for us? He only played 24 games for Wrexham in L2 last season and 30 games in total. Tozer was a regular sub in the last months of the season. 

Edited by Warren

Advert

8 minutes ago, Warren said:

Tozer is a career long L2 / National League defender aged 34. Wrexham have let him go at the end of his contract because they need an L1 defender after promotion. Why is he a solution for us? He only played 24 games for Wrexham in L2 last season and 30 games in total. Tozer was a regular sub in last months of the season. 

Experience 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PVP said:

One of the reasons I am in 2 minds to renew my season ticket or not is because of the strikers that we currently have at the club.  If Uche and Loft are going to be the 1st choice strikers next season in my opinion what's the point of going ?

The only way the club would be going is down with those up front.  Back up maybe and get a couple of new strikers in that know where the goal is.

Can't seem even DM would that be that stupid to only have them up front as first choice.

Just now, jeffers said:

Experience 

There is a lot of experience in our defensive unit and some have played at a higher level than Tozer. I'm taking the point that improvement is needed there, but Tozer is not an improvement. He's an end of career player who has never been more than L2. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Warren said:

There is a lot of experience in our defensive unit and some have played at a higher level than Tozer. I'm taking the point that improvement is needed there, but Tozer is not an improvement. He's an end of career player who has never been more than L2. 

And what league are we in …..

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Warren said:

Tozer is a career long L2 / National League defender aged 34. Wrexham have let him go at the end of his contract because they need an L1 defender after promotion. Why is he a solution for us? He only played 24 games for Wrexham in L2 last season and 30 games in total. Tozer was a regular sub in the last months of the season. 

Amazing that you feel tozer couldn’t do a job but Uche could. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, aspin for england said:

Said like a true VALE fan . VTID 

I’m the exact same as the other poster. I’ve bought season tickets early last 2 seasons both mistakes. I’m not buying a season ticket to watch loft and Uche again. Not a chance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Tozer is a career long L2 / National League defender aged 34. Wrexham have let him go at the end of his contract because they need an L1 defender after promotion. Why is he a solution for us? 

Maybe because we will be in League 2 next season?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, NW9Valiant said:

His direct goals and contributions are not great, that is true. But the bare numbers won't show secondary assists, or how he might create space for others. In a decent side it's obvious he is a handful and a good foil for another striker to play off. I agree he's not good enough though on his own to make an outstanding contribution himself to carry a side.

The bigger issue is service for strikers, they are only going to be as good as the rest of the team around them. His stats will be crap because we were largely crap last season. 

We need a striker that can score but more than that we need a style of play to get the most out of strikers we will have.

I'm not sold on Uche but we haven't had that in a long time, so lets see what the bigger picture is when we get closer to the season starting.

Ikpeazu will be an absolute handful in League Two, especially if you put the right profile of striker up alongside him. But that also depends on whether he wants to play for the club in League Two and how his mindset is. He won't score a lot of goals but he will certainly occupy defenders and create space for others, as Steve Brooker used to many years ago.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Amazing that you don’t feel tozer couldn’t do a job but Uche could. 

I've noticed that Uche has played at a higher level than Tozer throughout his career. I am not advocating Uche particularly, but he is around the club and has been offered a contract. We did not get the best out of him by way of his erratic signing and needing to get fit. But he did score 5 in 21 for us last time round, which is decent.

On the other hand I am get annoyed with this. Tozer is exactly the low ability, end of career, lower league centre half we don't need to sign. He will add to our problems not solve them. If he was struggling to start for Wrexham, a L2 promotion team, then he isn't good enough. 

Edited by Warren