onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bristol Rovers (H) match thread - 29th March

robf

3 hours ago, Vtid said:

I said I’d stay away until the end of the season & I failed miserably 😂 after Flitcroft went & we’ve won both games along with 2 clean sheets i just couldn’t resist. What a unbelievable turnaround! No coincidence for me fantastic yesterday every single one of them. Pleased for the gaffer to get his first wins in charge. The great escape is more than on now 💪🏻 💙

You've changed your tune mate ,I thought you were having a breather from the forum👍😆 

• Haha 1

Advert

I think some need to get out and enjoy the bank holiday and remind ourselves that we’ve just got 7 points from 12. That’s so much better than the 3 points from the previous 12 games. Sit back, chillax, crack a beer and get your super vale away shirt on ready for the game tomorrow 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Granville said:

I think it proves there are a section of fans who simply aren't happy unless they have something to moan about.

Got rid of Crosby, got rid of Flitcroft, Loft playing well, now we target the commentator.

Who's next, the bloke who puts the Autonet flag on the centre circle for the half time game because it isn't straight?

Totally off topic but why are the pies in the railway stand  always stone cold 😬😆

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

Bowers is a really good bloke, preps his games, builds a rapport with whoever is on co-comms and we are lucky to have him.

Yes occasionally he does go down some niche cultural references, but nice to see someone being themselves and it has led to some classics i.e like a dangerous nuclear submarine etc

On the recent Dipepa goal I think after he said the phrase twice, realised it worked and went with it. The fact that we are talking about proves it was memorable.

Loved his “if you’ve just joined us may be you can feel hell is getting a little colder because Ryan Loft has scored” during the Burton game.  He’s obviously a fan and his passion can sometimes make him struggle with the BBC’s impartiality rules.  I tend to listen to both home and away commentaries during a game because Phil’s style can make me a little anxious at times, the way he relays possession by the opposition as being a certain goal threat unnecessarily (more obvious when I’m watching rather than just listening) sends my pulse racing. 

I didn’t like John Motson’s commentaries to be fair, preferring Brian Moore’s (not the rugby player) and Barry Davies’ much more. I’d not consider one being better than another using any objective measure, I just liked the way Moore and Davies commentated more, compared to Motty.

Edited by Trumpingtonvale
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I'll say it how it is and if you're offended tough shyte , I'd rather speak my mind than be a  happy clapper and bury my head lin the sand  as you seem to excel in Anthony 

You don't offend me Yappy - I just don't understand how stupid you are; nor how you believe that being a Happy Clapper means I bury my head in the sand? It just means I'm not a bitter, twisted plank like you who has to lash out at people who don't share the same doom and gloom mentality? Things may not have been great - but there's been no reason to conduct petty vendettas against players who have clearly struggled coming back from injury! Which you seem to excel in, Muttley! 

5 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Back off fella.

You are the one that keep's coming back for the argument.

You do not speak for the majority 🤣

Go back to bed because you are really struggling with that 1 hour less sleep

Odd bloke you. Read what I put. I said it was my opinion. Didn’t say I was speaking for the majority. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:
Some might say that sunshine follows thunder
Go and tell it to the man who cannot shine
Some might say that we should never ponder
On our thoughts today 'cause they hold sway over time
Some might say we will find a brighter day
Some might say we will find a brighter day

Very appropriate, Brian!

20 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

I couldn’t give two shines what people think of me.

And ditto.

People clash. People like each other. People don’t. It’s just a fact if life. 
I think you’re a <ovf censored>. I don’t lose sleep over it. I don’t hate you. I just go on what I read on here. 
If the same is said about me then fine. It’s all good. 

Up the Vale.

UTV indeed...and VTID, too! Well defended, Spunky!

• Like 1