Advert

Advert

Bristol Rovers (H) match thread - 29th March

robf

Advert

8 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

I think you’re talking crap

sad

Even Brian has a reason why he thinks Phil isn't his cup of tea - yours is just made up accusations to try and prove you right. 

Have a good afternoon stomping around your kitchen having a tantrum because people didn't fall for your vile race-baiting comment.

That's not sad, its sick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Am I reading right here 

Soneone has called bowers racist cause he got 2 coloured lads names wrong 😂

Sad indeed 

Just the one idiot who thought it was appropriate to bring race into a thread about us winning a football match!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Granville said:

Maybe, they have the same haircut, same body type, both wear their socks round their ankles, both wore white/multicoloured boots, one is no.24, one is no.25, that he just had to call it in the heat of the moment and got the names wrong.

I don't think that's racist. I think you're trying to start a fire here to prove your own point and try and ruin someone's career, which is vindictive and sad. 

Made the very same comment that Dipepa and Walters could be twins. As could I felt Taylor and Burgess who I often got mixed up.

Neither make me a racist. Any suggestion Mr Bowers is are ludicrous. 

They look similar in body shape and stature not because they are black. Shocking really to bring it into the equation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Doha said:

The last 4 pages are fascinating, aren't they?

I think it proves there are a section of fans who simply aren't happy unless they have something to moan about.

Got rid of Crosby, got rid of Flitcroft, Loft playing well, now we target the commentator.

Who's next, the bloke who puts the Autonet flag on the centre circle for the half time game because it isn't straight?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Granville said:

I think it proves there are a section of fans who simply aren't happy unless they have something to moan about.

Got rid of Crosby, got rid of Flitcroft, Loft playing well, now we target the commentator.

Who's next, the bloke who puts the Autonet flag on the centre circle for the half time game because it isn't straight?

And yet, you keep moaning!

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

He keeps getting Walters and Dipepa mixed up. Some would say he’s racist. 

Shocking post. Why would you try and start something like that? I’ve heard the commentators get other players mixed up too who aren’t black. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

And yet, you keep moaning!

Only about you. In fact. I might just start a vendetta against you. Calling you out as a race baiting, sanctimonious, pompous, ignorant, bigoted, immature, stinking, sweat stained 🔔 end.

But that would be lowering myself to your level. 

Let's just agree that you're just an absolute dick.

14 minutes ago, Granville said:

Only about you. In fact. I might just start a vendetta against you. Calling you out as a race baiting, sanctimonious, pompous, ignorant, bigoted, immature, stinking, sweat stained 🔔 end.

But that would be lowering myself to your level. 

Let's just agree that you're just an absolute dick.

Piss off. First of all, I didn’t call him a racist, I was pointing out that he gets players mixed up like other commentators have been accused of. You are the one who makes it in to far bigger than it was meant to be. 

Bowers is a really good bloke, preps his games, builds a rapport with whoever is on co-comms and we are lucky to have him.

Yes occasionally he does go down some niche cultural references, but nice to see someone being themselves and it has led to some classics i.e like a dangerous nuclear submarine etc

On the recent Dipepa goal I think after he said the phrase twice, realised it worked and went with it. The fact that we are talking about proves it was memorable.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Hahahahaha...why does there have to be a target at all, Yappy? Why are you gunning for Patrick, now?...maybe because your idiot campaign against Lofty came off the rails? 

I'll say it how it is and if you're offended tough shyte , I'd rather speak my mind than be a  happy clapper and bury my head lin the sand  as you seem to excel in Anthony 

On 20/03/2024 at 18:52, Brian said:

I wonder if Carol subscribes to Football League World…