onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flitcroft gone

Bede

while i dont take pleasure in anyone losing their job. this has to be a positive move by the club and its owner. one thing that has never been answered during this last 18 months is why was the recruitment so awful? was it because the money wasnt there in the first place? the whole championship ready thing was setup for a huge fall without championship funds ( and we all know what sort of money it takes to do that ). if we dont have the funds to push for the championship either it shouldnt have been said or just come clean with the fanbase that without added investment we will never afford a 20 goal striker in this league?? . i just cant believe for the life of mw that a player wouldnt come to any club for location or family reasons as crosby then flitcroft stated in interviews on radio.. so who is lying?

• Like 3

Advert

1 hour ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

while i dont take pleasure in anyone losing their job. this has to be a positive move by the club and its owner. one thing that has never been answered during this last 18 months is why was the recruitment so awful? was it because the money wasnt there in the first place? the whole championship ready thing was setup for a huge fall without championship funds ( and we all know what sort of money it takes to do that ). if we dont have the funds to push for the championship either it shouldnt have been said or just come clean with the fanbase that without added investment we will never afford a 20 goal striker in this league?? . i just cant believe for the life of mw that a player wouldnt come to any club for location or family reasons as crosby then flitcroft stated in interviews on radio.. so who is lying?

People choose not to take jobs for location or family reasons regularly. For players paying the higher rate tax and NI an extra 100 a week doesn't equate to a lot of extra take home to justify the aggravation of either commuting or relocation. I'd be more surprised if any manager ever came out and said no players refused to come to a club for family or location issues. 

• Like 1

Well. Wasn't expecting this news 😄 

For the best for the club, for Flitcroft, and Carol. 

What I hope this means is a post season, post-mortem of the structure at the club. And hopefully it means that Carol is nowhere near the club comms again in the future either, to keep her out of the firing line. That open letter was just awful.

Just get a structure of people in, follow it, keep it. Don't change the structure if it's not broken - why did Garlic et al not get replaced? 

Recruitment in football is always gonna be tough bringing in players. Whoever comes in to help with that I really hope they have connections and are not just local or 'former' PVFC connected people. 

Let's show some ambition with where we want to go, even if we do go down this season as is very likely. 

UTV, roll on summer because next season can't come quick enough. I just want to write this season off.

• Like 3

Says it all really that all of a sudden folk buzzing about a bloke losing his job while the real culprits (players)continue to pick up there wages .

What for though 

What picking money up for 

Losing majority of time .

After all a clubs only as good as its budget .

Maybe thats the best he could get in with what he had to work with .

Ultimately the club needs investment in the team being the worst side in the whole of English football for me falls on the players. 

I've seen what they can do v Wigan Blackpool Mansfield away in Cup so why the pathetic performances .

Folk have got there way and if Vale turn it round on the pitch there barracking was worth it if not was it worth it ?

Every club is going to go through a bad patch at this level. How the club bounce back from it is key. The calls for her to sell up because of a bad patch and her backing of a dof that she employed sets a dangerous precedence because you can’t go through owners like you do managers. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, mikey said:

Right decision, but 12 months too late.

Same with AC.  Tad too late.

Like some posters have put - was Fraudcroft the reason AC failed as manager.  Being told to play a certain way and here are the phenomenal players we have got you.  You want strikers - no mate they are old school and have all gone to other clubs and we have not back up plans.  Free agents - nope we are not considering them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

Methinks you've touched the very nerve, Investing, what's been spent is superficial, absolutely nothing on and for building a team, it's a fact the Emporess has no clothes, all wind and phiss as been given to those that lobbied the owner, the next stage will tell if any of the hollow words have any credence, there's definitely trouble at'the Mill to be sure, money where your mouth is or it's a continuous spiral down and out, summers going to be a long wait, or a surprising regeneration, don't hold ya breath.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

Flitcrofts gone, 

who gives a <ovf censored>,

we’re super vale and we’re stayin up.

Love the hope, but feel it is again a tad too late for that.  Like everything this year with Vale.  Tad too late.

11 hours ago, WV said:

Great news. I wonder if this will unite the fans or if after we lose Saturday it will be same old. Who will be next to take the blame? I give it 3 months then it’s Moore’s turn. Then after that Carol in about September. 

It festers in our DNA doesn't it when trying to point the finger and blame anybody we can. Maybe because after years of bad owners and complete and utter tripe we feel we have been let down again. It feels worse now as we have owners/an owner whose heart is in the right place.

I would say we need/needed to get rid of whoever was responsible for the subs after 60 minutes in the FA Cup, whoever is/was responsible for the duff sideways football, whoever is/was responsible for recruitment. 

I would have been more than happy for Flitcroft to stay only if he was nowhere near the first team. I was more than happy for him to build the infrastructure within. We do need experience in there to help. I would welcome Colin Garlic back, he seemed to be a really great person to have around the club.

• Like 1

The next Director of football appointment needs to be a person who goes under the radar. Maybe someone who hasn’t been a manager before. 

Also the role needs redefining and restructuring. Don’t come out and say this person is responsible for everything football and portray their ultimate power. 

Flitcroft was in the spotlight far too much. 

• Like 1

How Carol reacts to this is going to be a real litmus test.  She either has to invest or she will sell up.  She may well be feeling bitter and resentful that the fans have forced out her right hand man, against her wishes, having publicly backed him as she did. 

She's probably at a crossroads in her personal life, too.  She's sold her business and is free to do what she wants.  Maybe the Vale experience has taken its toll?  We'll find out over the next few months, no doubt. 

What price RW doing a Wrexham, getting a couple of wealthy pop mates to join him? 

Interesting times ahead, methinks. 

• Like 1