onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flitcroft gone

Bede

Advert

There was no other option but for him to go. The performance of him and his team have seen us in this mess, staring relegation in the face. The monetary value of relegation alone is a massive factor as well as the lack of trust in giving him another transfer window in the summer.

The unrest from the fans over the job he’s done is also a huge factor too, it would affect season ticket sales, the atmosphere at games and maybe have an effect on the team. The club cannot be in that situation of unrest and hostility. It’s ended in the right way, it’s just come too late IMO. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 2

I wouldn't give rudge the job as he deserves to enjoy his retirement. However, I'm sure he gives Carol advice and someone to talk to and gives his opinion on things. He travels to all the away games with her does he not?

• Thanks 2

Lump on Vale to win Saturday. Big Darren should be walking in that session tomorrow, sitting down all the players and making it crystal clear that Carol has binned Flitcroft and you’re all playing for your future. If you’re not up for it, go now, stay away for the rest of the season and we’ll pay you off/flog you but don’t be expecting many buyers on recent performance. This is not over yet, but it’s getting squeaky bum time. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, andy jones said:

I think you are way off the mark.

IMHO we have a superb owner and to just say 'sell up and go' is hugely insulting to the person who has ...

Saved our club from extinction ... it was a queue of 1.

Spent over £10M on the infrastructure and purchase.

Made PVFC into one of the most community respected clubs in football.

Comments like that say to me you have no understanding of the 'low life' (putting it mildly) the fans have had to oust from the club this past decade or more. I for one would choose relegation this season but retain a brilliant owner to putting the club up for sale and repeating the circle of arseholes who have owned PVFC previously.

100% this.

Anyone who thinks Carol should sell up: 1) has no idea what they are talking about, 2) doesn't have the best interests of the club, 3) is a wind up merchant.

We literally could not have a better custodian of the club.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, andy jones said:

I think you are way off the mark.

IMHO we have a superb owner and to just say 'sell up and go' is hugely insulting to the person who has ...

Saved our club from extinction ... it was a queue of 1.

Spent over £10M on the infrastructure and purchase.

Made PVFC into one of the most community respected clubs in football.

Comments like that say to me you have no understanding of the 'low life' (putting it mildly) the fans have had to oust from the club this past decade or more. I for one would choose relegation this season but retain a brilliant owner to putting the club up for sale and repeating the circle of arseholes who have owned PVFC previously.

I do think the comment is too far off the mark personally

Saved our club, great. I do think someone else would have come in for us if need be. 

10m, yes, in loans from synetics. 

Community clubs, when push comes to shove, who cares? We are a football club. The aim is to win football games, to honest everything else isn’t particularly relevant. Let’s concentrate on getting the product on the pitch correct and then look at off the field issues. 

On your last paragraph. I’m sorry but I 100% fail to see how Carol is a brilliant owner. We have either not spent in league 1 because we don’t have the budget. Or she has blindly backed David Flitcroft. Either way her mentioning she thinks we will survive because on of the coaches wives says so, appointing her son to CEO or that abomination of letter convince me she isn’t a brilliant owner at all. 

My view is that she’s a decent owner who has the club genuinely at heart and has been mislead by people she trusted. I don’t not agree with her son being CEO and I did not like her letter. I do think she is right to take us forwards and very happy she has finally (a year too late) seen sense. But I cannot agree that in any way shape or form, Carol is a brilliant owner. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, The_godfather said:

100% this.

Anyone who thinks Carol should sell up: 1) has no idea what they are talking about, 2) doesn't have the best interests of the club, 3) is a wind up merchant.

We literally could not have a better custodian of the club.

I don’t agree. Yes I think she has the interests of the club. But there’s no way you can say she is without blame for this season. It’s been a <ovf censored> disgrace. Publicly backing DF, the letter saying fans are wrong these aren’t signs of the ideal custodian.