onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flitcroft gone

Bede

Just now, Guitar Ray said:

Not sure about that, he only recently went from reportedly being part time to full time.

You could tell in the interview he did a few weeks back that he'd had to be persuaded to continue. He's clearly thought enough is enough & made the decision for her. You can't go from releasing that open letter like she did, to sacking the bloke in the space of a few weeks. He wanted out based on the fanbase hating his guts. He's called time & Carol's had to accept it. We'll never know the truth, but that would be my view on proceedings. 

• Like 2

Advert

2 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

You could tell in the interview he did a few weeks back that he'd had to be persuaded to continue. He's clearly thought enough is enough & made the decision for her. You can't go from releasing that open letter like she did, to sacking the bloke in the space of a few weeks. He wanted out based on the fanbase hating his guts. He's called time & Carol's had to accept it. We'll never know the truth, but that would be my view on proceedings. 

Someone has already posted what happened ain’t they confirmed at tonight’s meeting that carol made the decision 

Be interesting see the reaction of the players this weekend 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

I'm not entirely sure she has. I reckon he's been wanting to call it a day for about a month now but she's backed him & asked him to stay on & see it through. He's finally made the decision for her & they've agreed to call it "mutual". Either way he's gone. Let's see what happens next.

Nothing will change if the budgets <ovf censored> nothing will change until she sells up and her ego won’t let her even if it’s for the     benefit of the club 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just seen the news. Brilliant news for the club. Will give us a big boost next season and allow us to rebuild. Delighted. Guy was complete and utter vermin from minute 1 sacking every good employee. Good riddons. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only way forwards was for flitcroft to go. The rift with the fans had become untenable, and like others have said they both reluctantly knew it was the only choice.

As for flitcroft I don't think he is a bad person, and probably in time we will reap the benefits of some of the 'club building' he has done in the background. Football is so results based. Our lack of options at wingback and striker were unforgivable and just mind boggling that we didn't do more to fix it in January.

Anyway I wouldn't be opposed to another DoF, but would also take the time to get another 'football person' on the board or high up in our structure. There has to be a bit more constructive challenge instead of ultimate trust in one person.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Who knows.  It seems really strange to go from part time to full time to jacking it in in such a short .  More likely Carol tried to quell the unrest with her letter and rant but results ultimately dictated.  Ultimately Carol is obviously a very loyal employer, illustrated by her sticking by managers, and the DoF in this instance, past what could be seen as their “sell by date”.  Sadly the individuals concerned haven’t managed to repay that loyalty by turning results around.  It’s cost us a place in league 1 in all likelihood.  It’s not life or death though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

100% yes. If you want to keep up with modern football then you need the structure in place where the manager can manage and recruitment is dealt with by people who can throw all there energy into it. 

What you shouldn't do is give it to a chancer who talks a good game. 

Agree to disagree , I don't think we need a DOF myself, but it's not up to me ultimately it's down to carol to make that call 😬

1 hour ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Carol has the best interests of Port Vale at heart, and I believe Flitcroft did too, even if they have both failed this year.

Thanks for the promotion Flitcroft but it was time to go.

New chief scout needed now

Get rid of the sports scientists and analysts as well.cos they're a waste of a wage

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With Flitcrofts wages now not a factor and his expenses at Greggs and Costa we should be able to afford a decent striker, couple of defenders and a tenacious and gritty midfielder. At least there is no more Prercess to trust and here’s to (eventually) M(o)ore wins on the pitch. 

I haven’t been a fan of Flitcroft from the start but after gunning down 2 football clubs I do hope for the future he reflects on his mistakes and learns to do things in a way that takes the fans with him and does things for the good of our beautiful game 

3 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Get rid of the sports scientists and analysts as well.cos they're a waste of a wage

They make the difference when you have quality players. They help improve performance. They are not able to polish a <ovf censored>.

The DoF position still needs to exist. It just needs someone to do a better job at it.

The club's long term strategy on a number of different levels shouldn't get chucked in the bin because the guy in charge of it goes on a poor run of results as first team manager.

The days are gone of managers like Rudge working 80 hour weeks and spending the club's money like it was his own. Strategic recruitment and scouting is more data based and needs to entrusted to a group of people rather than just the whims of one person.

• Like 5