onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton (A) match thread - 23rd March

If we have got one of the lowest budgets in the league, then the question must be why? We must be turning over bigger sums than a lot of the clubs above us, our corporate side and club shop appears to be doing well, shirt sales are up, bigger attendances than for a few years....

so what is draining our resources? Have we got too many staff? Are the owners not pumping in as much as other owners? Are we getting enough from sponsors? Should we be letting others sponsor our shirt/stadium? Is the ground swallowing up too much money? Are we allocating too much of the budget to vanity projects?

If we can't compete with Exeter, Burton, Cambridge, Stevenage, Shrewsbury, Northampton, even Bristol Rovers and Leyton Orient, we might as well pack up and turn the lights off now. What's the point?
Exactly what I was thinking. Imagine being uncompetitive against Bristol rovers, Exeter et Al. No wonder we "lost targets to other clubs". We've a league 2 budget.
  • Like 1

Advert

14 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

The wrong players were signed, frankly some of these players are a disgrace to the club.

Too many loan signings. A huge part of the problem is the culture that Vale are a breeding ground club for larger clubs... That has to change. 

The wage bill is nearly four million. They aren't worth two million. 

Vale have always had modest wage bills. If you want a higher one, then as you put it show some ambition and drop the pay on the gate prices, attract the drifters, but spend within your means. 

If you are correct those clubs have higher wage bills, they are all on course to end up Ike Bury! 

Bradford have had low gate prices for years. Not done them much good as it 🙄

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

Now DF has gone I’m going to Burton , I have to called for him to go and support the lads . It’s time to move on from the Flitcroft years 

Yes looks as though we shifted a few more tickets last night. Pay on the day as well so be good to get a few more there.

For the second time in a week, this is my last positive post of the season in our last must win game until next week.

Burton 1 - 2 Vale. I would love to see Massey and Loft score. I have not said anything nice about them, so time for them to stick two fingers up to me and fight fight fight for the Vayul.

913 Valiants.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Really wish I was going now

"Hoppers, do you want another pint of Abbots, and what's the vale score"

"Yes please Smithie, and who cares" 😍😍😍😍😍😍

To all the beautiful bouncing valiants travelling tomorrow - enjoy the day, bring 3 points back with you, and I'm with you in spirit (well, quite a few hopefully 🥃🥃🥃)

2 1 Vale - Lofty and Massey for me too 👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1