onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford (H) match thread - 16th March

robf

5 hours ago, JRC said:

You can certainly see why they are pushing for the playoffs.  

Clark was nowhere near fit. Lowe isn't mobile enough to play in a midfield 2. Wilson really struggled first half as the ball just isn't sticking.

3 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

“I took Mitch Clarke off because he needs more game time”!!! 

Make it make sense!

5 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

There players are ripping holes in Jones and Clarke.  

Come on Vale.

Clark should never have been on that pitch, not only did he look unfit but he looked podgy to me. It’s a sad indictment of the mess we’re in that a first team player has playing in that state. It probably says a lot about our recruitment too in that he’s had to play because we have no full backs. 

6 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Nathan Smith.

Again.

Just hang your boots up lad.

That ball has come through a crowd of players and hit smith in the chest. Not one player at the front area has gone up with any intent of winning it and watching it back just, it looks like right in front of smith that Debra ducks out of it. A similar thing happens on the second with Chislett I think not making any attempt to head it away when he looks favourite to win it easily. Shocking. Players have no desire to stick their head in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert

2 hours ago, soothsayer said:

Garrity was part of our promotion team whilst I’d have Worrall over Chislett any day and as for Wilson he seems to be doing his best to keep injury free before moving on in the Summer. 
I agree about the defence though, Ripley apart they can all go for me. Major surgery is required during the next transfer window but I can’t see even that to be enough for us to challenge next season. There’s usually two ways to get out of L2: through money at it like Wrexham and Stockport or build season on season like Mansfield and Exeter have done. I really can’t see us doing a Wrexham.

There is a third way, but it's at the bottom of the league, not the top! 

2 hours ago, PVP said:

Maybe that's why they are pushing for promotion and we are virtually relegated.  Championship ready needs ambition not empty words !

It needs more money as well,you only have to look at the top six teams to verify that.

4 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

Any team with Dan Jones and Nathan Smith in it are on a loser from kick off. Both this season are absolute shyite. And I'm  being kind. Joke of a team. Embarrassing again today. There is more fight in my cod from the chippie on the way home.

Sounds very fishy🐟

3 hours ago, Jim Gammon said:

Just watched the post match interviews on YouTube and Massey talks like he has defeat in every syllable. 

get rid of FLITCROFT 

we need a new back 3 or 4. Every single one is utter Sh/te. We need some bigger and stronger midfielders….Roy Keane types who can fight and hold the ball. We need a Pope up front

Or perhaps we could go for a Bishop at Pompey?

• Haha 1