onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (A) match thread - March 12th

Advert

17 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

I don’t know left boot but mellor is a proper fan 

Looking back we should all of got our season ticket money back from 365 

That's exactly what I'm doing. Pays for next year's season ticket.

• Like 1

I do it all the time as I said the other week when Osh moaned at me. As someone else said earlier its like an insurance. I had money on Mansfield in the play-offs. Just cushions the blow a tiny bit if the worst thing happens.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Macc Lad said:

First clean sheet since Blackpool 3-0, December 29, 14 league games ago!

Taking a financial hit paying out bonuses on clean sheets- no wonder we can’t afford a striker 😄

1 hour ago, dazzerjames said:

No one is over the moon, they are saying it’s an improvement . Which away from home it is, as we have lost pretty much everyone I can remember for a while.

The only improvement was we defended alright and didn't make schoolboy mistakes. We were still crap in front of goal. Still created very little. Still didn't win a game of football when games are running out. If people want to comfort themselves with the fact that we didn't lose the game in our situation, then good for them. But for me it was largely more of the same crap from a dreadful bunch of players. I'm not going to applaud them for putting in a bit of effort when they are playing for their own futures first and foremost. Isn't effort the least anyone should expect and demand?

If we win the next game at home then I would say fine, this is a decent point. But we can't score goals. So unless we have a massive bit of luck it will just be yet another game we don't win. That's not pessimism, just realism.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 1

Just back in from the game.  We did okay first half - had chances to get our noses in front.  Scrappy game though, not much quality, and the longer it went on the more I thought we might buckle.  At least they put their bodies in the way tonight, though it is painful watching Sang trying to stop their wingers putting in crosses.  To his credit though, he also has a good cross in him, and put in a couple of balls tonight that were begging for a bustling striker like Ellis Harrison to get on the end of.  

To sum up - not as bad as we have been of late, but oh for a goalscorer to put these chances away.  

Took a mate who is a Brentford fan - he's seen the Vale twice, both times at Orient, both games 0 - 0. I've asked him to come to every away game from now on, just for the clean sheets.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Valiiant said:

The only improvement was we defended alright and didn't make schoolboy mistakes. We were still crap in front of goal. Still created very little. Still didn't win a game of football when games are running out. If people want to comfort themselves with the fact that we didn't lose the game in our situation, then good for them. But for me it was largely more of the same crap from a dreadful bunch of players. I'm not going to applaud them for putting in a bit of effort when they are playing for their own futures first and foremost. Isn't effort the least anyone should expect and demand?

If we win the next game at home then I would say fine, this is a decent point. But we can't score goals. So unless we have a massive bit of luck it will just be yet another game we don't win. That's not pessimism, just realism.

So improvement then , we defended better. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Whoever has took money off 365 for us going down fair play to u all but gloating on a vale forum about it is a bit sad 

I very nearly took the bet 365 for us to go down three weeks ago @ 11/8 , NOW around the 1/2 mark.....

Couldn't DO it however, the Vale are in enough 💩 without me egging them on to loose every week...

👀🤣

8 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

You might be right Conrad but it could be the start of a bit of something. I think we all know the limitations of this squad but we are not beyond stringing a few results together. You never know, what have we got to lose by throwing a bit of hope, belief and support in their direction.

Agree, it’s fine margins, if we could have held on to the lead v Fleetwood our position would look healthier with two extra points.

9 hours ago, 1 said:

Suddenly things look a bit better… Oxford dropped off a cliff, next to Vale Park. Followed up by Burton in touching distance, all with games in hand. Green shoots.

One of the games in hand is Peterbro Away !  In my book we have one game in hand v Wycombe.

7 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

3 wins in 32, not won in 2024 and Vale fans wake up this morning with a new sense of optimism. 

Flitcroft Out.

The Wonder of You on Facebook is a delightful read this morning.

Many comments saying it will go down to the very last game against Cambridge.

"Ripley is by far the best keeper in the league"

But my favourite comment so far is " Vale would be bottom of the league without Ripley"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 wins in 32, not won in 2024 and Vale fans wake up this morning with a new sense of optimism. 
Flitcroft Out.
Not really. Just trying to claw some kind of positivity from the mess of it all. There isn't any. It's out of our hands and is what it is.