onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 preparation

14 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Despite them being a plastic club, I don't see us as a step up from them in terms of wages or potential success?

Like I said it would come down to wages which I’m not sure we would be able to tempt them anyway I was just suggesting I’d love to have them pair at vale 😅

• Like 1

Advert

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

All opinions, the problem is none of our defenders are head & shoulders above another. They all have some assets & all have horrendous mistakes in them. Good defences are steady, consistent & don’t make silly mistakes all the time. Something we lack in. I’d be happy with Cass back in league 2 

Cass is a better defender than Lowe 

Mind you Lowe is a pub player , imo 

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Despite them being a plastic club, I don't see us as a step up from them in terms of wages or potential success?

It’s a problem. I mean there are few clubs in the football league left who we can guarantee we can offer more success than at the moment. The idea we were a league 1 sleeping giant has been truly exposed. There will certainly never be any Championship football without some serious, almost unimaginable change to the club. If you spent £10m on the club over the summer, I doubt we’d even get a guaranteed play off place in league 1 at the moment. 

What appeal is there? There was this idea we were a friendly, family club with brilliant owners, but that looks hard to justify with the losses and inability to stem the decline. 

League 2 feels more like a forgotten, graveyard league more than ever. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bomber said:

At some point we need a crystal clear explanation why everything went pear shaped after promotion.  We have never really been at the races in league one. The other thing is fitness and injuries. Totally unsustainable in league two.

Apparently we would be playing better football and having fewer injuries once we replaced the pitch. That was the preferred option  rather than spending money on decent players. Phenomenal.

The pitch thing does seem like a red herring now. I haven't done the maths but.. fewer injuries? I also wonder if these sports bra things are the reason we're making some bizarre substitutions: heart rate goes above 80 (30 in Ojo's case) and they haul them off.

• Haha 2

Apparently we would be playing better football and having fewer injuries once we replaced the pitch. That was the preferred option  rather than spending money on decent players. Phenomenal.
Main pitch not replaced, just stage 1 drainage completed. Training pitches require drainage attention to cope with increased rainfall due to climate change.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, valiant steve said:

Who trusts DM to rebuild and become a successful manager of PVFC in L2 next season? 

Not me. No previous evidence of building a squad on a shoe string budget - not that it means that he can't but unlike Clarke, for example, who managed to improve a poor Cheltenham squad, there is no evidence that he has improved this squad from what he inherited. Anyway, I doubt and hope he isn't here next season. 

• Like 1