onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

Advert

3 hours ago, Jeffporthill said:

Why did they replace the wonder of you with thunderstruck just before the kickoff on Saturday.

I've heard that it was just to try something different but decided that it didn't work and will be back to TWOY next game. Personally, as the last song before kick off when the crowd sings and the music stops, I think its very very good. I'm pretty sure that I have heard one of the players say in an interview that its quite spine tingling too.

• Like 1

On 10/03/2024 at 14:51, Houston Valiant said:

It’s the new , starchy , do as you’re told , Port Vale. Say yes and you’ll be fine , or otherwise you’re out the door. Many who have given great service , have lost their jobs.  Follow the party line. Moore has his hands tied , and he’s working with nothing . It’s very toxic at Vale Park. Carol doesn’t want to admit she was wrong in hiring Flitcroft . The two of them may go down with the ship to the National League , if it stays like this. It wouldn’t surprise me at all. Very sad. 

he must have known that before he took the job! or is he that poor a manager?😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

It's been sung since the 90's because some Vale fans were singing it in a pub before an away game at Millwall.

It was sung prior to Brentford away in Bradley initially then at Brentford in 1987 , remember the game well , got chucked out and travelled in transit with Raco , Nicky Bennet and quilpy 

Edited by Rockape99
More detail
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

How the fook is that song rousing ?

It's so slow & boring.

It's nothing to do with the crap football by the way. Its the crap play list

It's also not part of the club's identity.

Listen to the words BJ, every body knows the words and sings them, the whole moment sends shivers down my spine 3000 miles away every home game. backward step to change it.

Burslem doesn't have the weather and Vale Park doesn't have enough young supporters to do something like 'Sandstorm" at South Carolina University for the Gamecocks, which is where one of my kids went to College.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Listen to the words BJ, every body knows the words and sings them, the whole moment sends shivers down my spine 3000 miles away every home game. backward step to change it.

Burslem doesn't have the weather and Vale Park doesn't have enough young supporters to do something like 'Sandstorm" at South Carolina University for the Gamecocks, which is where one of my kids went to College.

I listen to the words and it is one of the most boring song's going.

Why I song, sung by some pissed up old timer's years ago sends shivers down people back, I do not know why but like I said, I'm probably the only one that does not find it rousing. I guess any player waling out of the tunnel would not find it rousing but each to their own.

That is a great video from South Carolina by the way. Bring me sunshine

5 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

I thought it got played originally as it was a Billy Bell favourite too? 

My first memory of hearing it was at Cambridge when we were relegated in 91/92, don’t really remember hearing it before then - was that its debut season? Remember Wise Men Say before that in the 80’s etc.

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

It was tripe

No one had a clue what it was

Sorry Dazfred but you're wrong there. I for one new what it was, as it was one of many AC/DC classic tracks, this one being from an album ( I've got every album) called The Razors Edge.  I must say playing that at full volume was the highlight of the afternoon for me because the match was a big letdown like nearly every other this season.