onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

1 minute ago, DazFred said:

I picked Debrah up front today. I said he couldn't be any worse than the other forwards.

Wilson had a 1 on 1, so did Garrity. Neither scored.

We won't win games giving 2 goals start then trying for half an hour 

In my earlier post I said Sang,Jones and Massey would be nowhere near my squad. Moore picked all 3 and all 3 were dreadful,as they have been most of the season. Moore also left our best outlet(Chislett) on the bench and didn't start Mighten.

I've said it before .we look worse than when Crosby was manager 

Exactly we are worse than under Crosby.

I don’t think I can ever remember having no hope of staying up with 11 games to go.

Whether it be Clarke, Crosby or Moore we seem to have got worse month by month since January 2023.

I have never known so many fans so disappointed and annoyed.

Advert

2 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Carol/Flitcroft out.

Only my opinion but 1/2 of that is a silly comment,we were relegated imo a long time ago(before DM came in),I totally agree with the callers on the radio today that you cant blame Moore or Carol(thats the silly half),the one and only person to blame is the man responsible for the footballing side FLITCROFT no experience at all as a DOF but blagged it and is slowly ruining us,surely Carol will start to see this soon(i know its to late now) BUT Carol please get rid of him and let DM build HIS OWN team to try and challenge to come straight back up next season,we were told from that meeting you have faith in him so back him and let him do it.

Totally deflated tonight but me and my lad will still be there next season I really hope that Flitcroft isn't

• Like 3

Thanks Carol and DF.  Chuffed you’ve managed to put together this phenomenal squad.  

You 2 are so right and us fans are so blind that we just can’t see it!

and we’ve also given Robbie a nice title, and given the riffraff a free drink.

all is well in the world of PVFC, and I nearly forgot to mention your OBE!

• Like 8

My boss is a Shrewsbury season ticket holder and went the game. Her main reaction was that she felt sorry for the Vale fans as it was so quiet when normally it is noisy and raucous.

My comment was that we have had the stuffing taken out of us both on and off the pitch.

6 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Another game we shot ourselves in the <ovf censored> head 

Garrity Wilson smith all got score 

They did nothing really 

Flitcroft will resign 

No he won’t 😭

1 minute ago, Tamworth said:

Let's see, I think the reaction from the Fans will be brutal... I don't think the Owners will be able to ignore the message this time...

She will write a letter and the starting line will be - I have already told you naughty fans, stop picking on my brilliant fraudcroft.  He is brilliant and the best thing to happen to this club.

Honestly, I hope her family say - mum and dad, you need to think about what has fraudcroft done to your club pitch wise.  He may have got things moving around the ground, but pitch wise it is really bad.

Just now, Killersrevenge44 said:

The evidence are the fans. Plenty of people are disgusted with the disconnect and disregard from the owners and that's before the content of the letter. 

The problem is the players on the pitch are not good enough.

Carol employs Flitcroft to get the players on the pitch and the product right but for what ever reasons it's gone wrong.

If you want the club plunged into more chaos and likely out of the Football league then call or keep calling for the Shanahans to go, such a sentiment is gathering traction on OVF but IMHO it would be a disaster.

• Like 4

I was rotered into work today (again!) but intended to try and get to the match for about 3:30. I was just packing up as the first goal went in, listening to the radio for a few mins with comments from bowers and sproston about players being gutless, frightened of the ball, no confidence and heads down I accepted an offer of a few minutes extra work and got home for the 2nd half. The players have no fight, there's been no fight since Middlesbrough. I can accept losing if I see fight but this team this year the heads go down and it's a question of how many? The first game against Barnsley told the story, we hadn't prepared properly in preseason, were not prepared now. I've accepted that my team is going down but I can't accept that we're going down with a whimper.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wozza4England said:

3 season tickets not used today; myself and two mates. I missed the pre-match pint and the banter but certainly not the ‘football’. 
Checked the team selection at 2.00 and struggled to name 4 starters good enough for league 2.

i said I wouldn’t go again until Flitcroft went, you can add DM to that. Those Huddersfield lads who came on here to warn us were absolutely spot on.

I was thinking ok we’re in good shape for this one: Clark, Mighten, Chislett, Lopata, Plant etc. attacking in a must-win game. Then the team sheet comes out. Massey, Jones, Sang. It just immediately makes you think it’s pointless playing the remaining games. I think if OVF didn’t exist and I looked at the team / club I would feel totally out of touch and lost with the decisions being made.

• Like 3

Just now, Paul6754 said:

The problem is the players on the pitch are not good enough.

Carol employs Flitcroft to get the players on the pitch and the product right but for what ever reasons it's gone wrong.

If you want the club plunged into more chaos and likely out of the Football league then call or keep calling for the Shanahans to go, such a sentiment is gathering traction on OVF but IMHO it would be a disaster.

Most fans only want Fraudcroft gone, but the longer Carol comes out and says he is brilliant, they will all turn on her.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Same. I've booked minibus for Burton and day on ale but I'm done till August. 

Seen far worse Vale teams than this and we are better placed off the pitch.

However I feel a real disconnect with the majority of the team. Obviously some exceptions. Really dislike this side .

I’m not stepping foot in Vale Park again until Flitcroft is gone.

• Like 2