onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

11 hours ago, Phil500 said:

Just a thought, no doubt to be shot down. Would try Smith at right back and Clark at left. Know Smithy would not give any attacking options but he would stop crosses from that side. Clark would be the going forward option.

I would've brought Smithy on a right back and in a back 4 after 50 mins vs Fleetwood when it was clear that Sang was just getting hammered.  Smithy might have struggled but at least he'd give them something to think about and they'd know that they'd been in a game.

• Like 1

Advert

3 hours ago, geoff1 said:

victor meldrew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1😒

My god... MA would have had them running twenty times round Westport lake in the rain

If you underperformed at work, constantly, and your boss takes you to the spa for 'punishment' 

FFS

Edited by Killersrevenge44
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Sky have us at 6/5 favs the Shrews 2/1. Wouldn’t surprise me if Mal scores and TBH it wouldn’t bother me.

Perhaps we should change our name to Barnstoneworth United, after the team in Ripping Yarns.

It's not about shorts..! McIntyre,Treadmore and Davitt....Head the ball? With my fine head of hair? Absolute classic... Please Gordon,no.....😃👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

I see Blaster has come on as a 64th minute sub for Sheffield United v Arsenal tonight. 

Great to make his premier league debut, not so when losing 6-0 he will do well in the championship next season 🔥 

• Like 2

Difficult to believe that SHREWSBURY have lost more League One matches 20 than any other team, also lowest goals scored 26 and worst goal difference minus 25.

On Saturday I was in SHREWSBURY officiating on a local grassroots football match and on my way home after my game, I tuned into the second half OF SHREWSBURY V BLACKPOOL. BLACKPOOL were the dominant team and according to the Radio Shropshire commentary team SHREWSBURY were toothless and never looked like scoring against a good BLACKPOOL side. But after the game their commentary team were adamant that PORT VALE away although a "BIG GAME" for SHREWSBURY was a good opportunity to get three more points towards safety.

Surely VALE'S dwindling opportunities to gain salvation means the only result which is classed as a success is 3 points. This is last chance saloon. But I have just about given up on VALE escaping the trapdoor.

Let's hope that Darren Moore can get rid of the dead wood, who have not been good enough this season and recruit a promotion winning team in League Two next season, to regain faith in the team for the Hardy VALE faithful.

UTV

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NEWPORT VALIANT said:

Difficult to believe that SHREWSBURY have lost more League One matches 20 than any other team, also lowest goals scored 26 and worst goal difference minus 25.

On Saturday I was in SHREWSBURY officiating on a local grassroots football match and on my way home after my game, I tuned into the second half OF SHREWSBURY V BLACKPOOL. BLACKPOOL were the dominant team and according to the Radio Shropshire commentary team SHREWSBURY were toothless and never looked like scoring against a good BLACKPOOL side. But after the game their commentary team were adamant that PORT VALE away although a "BIG GAME" for SHREWSBURY was a good opportunity to get three more points towards safety.

Surely VALE'S dwindling opportunities to gain salvation means the only result which is classed as a success is 3 points. This is last chance saloon. But I have just about given up on VALE escaping the trapdoor.

Let's hope that Darren Moore can get rid of the dead wood, who have not been good enough this season and recruit a promotion winning team in League Two next season, to regain faith in the team for the Hardy VALE faithful.

UTV

We don't play as a team, we play as individuals, and poor one's at that. We have zero style of play, we can't defend we have no attack and our midfield is nonexistent.

Other than that we're in great shape and have every chance of 3pts.

Shìtcroft out.

• Like 3

Many of us have resigned to the outcome of regelation now myself included, it’s been a terrible season on so many accounts but a win on Saturday would just about keep us alive! It’s been a must win for the past month or so & that win has evaded us. 3 points on Saturday would bring that glimmer of hope back to a few fans so pull your finger out lads & give it a bloody good go. Come on Vale!!! 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Many of us have resigned to the outcome of regelation now myself included, it’s been a terrible season on so many accounts but a win on Saturday would just about keep us alive! It’s been a must win for the past month or so & that win has evaded us. 3 points on Saturday would bring that glimmer of hope back to a few fans so pull your finger out lads & give it a bloody good go. Come on Vale!!! 

Nice rousing post there mate 

But I think your clutching at straws 

But stranger shyte has happened 

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

I would've brought Smithy on a right back and in a back 4 after 50 mins vs Fleetwood when it was clear that Sang was just getting hammered.  Smithy might have struggled but at least he'd give them something to think about and they'd know that they'd been in a game.

Kyle walker could play right back in this team and probably still wouldn't make a difference 

Edited by Nippy Naylor

4 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Nice rousing post there mate 

But I think your clutching at straws 

But stranger shyte has happened 

6 points from safety with 12 games to play, long way of this season to go still yet mate. The team were chasing we play next it’s a biggie that’s for sure. If we somehow manage to win on Saturday that leaves us 3 points behind salop with 2 games in hand. I’m hopeful of a reaction come the weekend 2-1 Vale 💪🏻 

• Like 2