onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby C (A) match thread - 2nd March.

11 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

4k a week ? £208K a year before tax, that's frightening for any Vale player and they've thrown the towel in, when you think what the average working bloke/woman gets they are robbing a living.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

I'd actually heard Uche is on £6K a week, Loft £3K a week plus the £75K fee and Massey was our highest paid player prior to Uche arriving? Hope this is wrong?

Advert

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

We can not build a new squad because bottlejobs like Ojo and many others are still under contract for next season.

You rip up the contracts and **** them off

If it affects the Budget paying them off, so what.

Sign Fit Players and mix them with the Academy Lads, no need to Spend Big Money, Crewe didn’t and they haven’t done too bad.

We just need a Manager who knows what they are doing, players who have something to prove.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, cheeky said:

Don’t forget Owd ‘un as well:.

Genuinely don’t have the energy for a protest like that now. It consumed me back then but with two kids now, I don’t want to be coming home after a match filled with fury. It’s bad enough just watching the lack of effort as it is.

Have you still got the hat 😂

Good to see you back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Santa said:

Giving a 32 year old a 3 (!) year contract should have raised a few eyebrows. 

Also bearing in mind we only offered Worral a 1 year contract and lost him to Barrow. He was fit as a fiddle and gave everything on the pitch. What a disgraceful decision. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Rudgiesflatcap said:

Also bearing in mind we only offered Worral a 1 year contract and lost him to Barrow. He was fit as a fiddle and gave everything on the pitch. What a disgraceful decision. 

And never replaced him with better! 
The problems at this club now runs so deep that it isn’t a quick fix.

• Thanks 1

We had 140 years without a DOF and aside from the JR era have been largely gash. In 3 full seasons with a DOF we've had a promotion, a poor season and what is looking like a relegation. So little on the pitch seems to have changed. Off the pitch the DOF does seem to be improving us
One good season followed by two awful ones is not an improvement.
Has not all been gash apart from the Rudge era.
1050s we were very good. Early 70's under Gordon Lee we were good. The team put together by Horton with Brammer, Bridge-Wilkinson was very good.
Due to the size of the support base we have, we are always going to have periods of struggle.
I cannot see anything having a DoF has got us.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

1 minute ago, southvale said:

Wont last 5yrs, end of this season is my guess

If he walks I hope he comes out and cites Flitcroft as the reason, then Carol might start to think.

We all know and it's plain to see that we are suffering and looking at relegation due to very poor recruitment.  We desperately needed a least 1 out and out experienced striker.  What I don't understand is that the club has not obtained the services of a free agent and if they don't then it's relegation.  People may think this is desperate but it is desperate......please go and get somebody, at least try something or is the real ambition L2 ready?

I’m currently watching the Brits and I’ve just realised I’d be much happier if I treated the Vale like I do music. Not recognise anything after 1999, and have a blanket opinion that anything after 1999 is absolute bobbins. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, pete vale said:

I'd actually heard Uche is on £6K a week, Loft £3K a week plus the £75K fee and Massey was our highest paid player prior to Uche arriving? Hope this is wrong?

Whatever you have heard is wrong. 

• Haha 1