Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

Advert

24 minutes ago, Doha said:

Someone make it make sense

giphy.gif

I’m certainly not a fan of Sang, but why was the bloke left marking two players. He followed one which is as much as he can do. Riley was out of position and should have been sideways on with a view to coming for the ball. Instead he was forward facing so really wouldn’t have stood a chance at getting the ball. The determination of Stockley would have meant that he was always going to be first to the ball. The rest of the team are guilty of just standing and watching

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Essex Boy said:

I don't know why people are criticising Darren Moore. He is trying to work out a formation to get the best out of our dross. However, the defence is slow & prone to errors, the wing backs are useless, central midfielders are unfit & short of numbers, forwards incapable of scoring. Goalie is ok & Dipepa did well !

According to Carol, Moore told her he needed 3 games to see what he is working with. Whilst last night was only the fourth, if the second half tactics are anything to go by then both he & the fans are in for a bumpy ride.

• Like 1

We were lucky to escape with a draw after the second half which plumbed new depths in terms of Vale’s tactical ineptitude and lack of commitment.

Sang is not a right back and this was ruthlessly targeted and exploited (it is every week), whilst our 3 centre backs marked each other. I’m not certain what Lowe’s qualities as a footballer are other than the ability to sign 2 year contracts, and as for L.o.F.T. (Lack of Footballing Talent). I used to say he looked like a Sunday league centre-half stuck up front in desperation, but after his defending for their second goal last night, that would be an insult to my team-mates of yesteryear.

Out-thought tactically and out-fought at home by a team below us in the league, even with a flakey penalty in our favour (we were at least due one!) tells you all you need to know about where this Vale team are heading. About 3 players are league 1 standard, a few others are league 2 squad players. The rest are coasting either to retirement or the national league. Look at last years squad vs current incumbents. Worral for Sang anyone, or Harrison for Loft? Even Tom Pett, who I criticized for 2 years for being out of position in our midfield, had a blinder against us for Cheltenham, and would be a vast improvement on Lowe. Recruitment has been an utter disaster and has weakened us at every single transfer window.

Favourable cup draws and Ollie Arblaster gave us a false sense of security for half a season, and now we are plummeting towards league 2. With most of the squad on 2 year contracts I really fear for our ability to compete even there

• Like 5

Did anyone else notice that after they made it 2-1 the ball got played back to Ripley from kick off and he booted it straight through to their keeper?

This set them straight back on the attack and set the tone. 

The panic that set in was embarrassing. Every clearance was sliced. Players were getting in each others way. The ball came back at every opportunity. 

Edited by SuperHuman
  • Like 4

I won't excuse the individual errors as they were criminal and he's right in some ways in his interview when he says we seem to get punished where other teams get lucky.
We do have a very rigid squad with not much room for flexibility and by signing "good eggs" we seems to be completely devoid of any absolute nastiness thats sometimes needed out there to see games through to win.
I do think Moore has to take some proportion of the blame though as at half time Adam switched up the shape and designed it to get balls into Stockley and it came up trumps for him.
I sit right at the back of the Hamil and you could see the repeated pattern, whether it was left wing or right wing, they high pressed with a triangle and one would eventually whip a cross in with pace rather than float it in. Designed to cause panic and pressure.
Our responses were the following:
1) Clip it out for a corner
2) Half clear it away to their two awaiting centre mids who mopped up every single second ball, and either had a crack at goal themselves or fed it wide so the move starts all over again
This went on for the entire second half, and even though he changed personnel, he did nothing to change that shape. For me he's just hoping we hold out there, and if you let a team dominate the ball like that and have the ball constantly in the box, the law of averages says one will go in.
Another tough pill to swallow
Good post Nodge. My thoughts exactly
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Was Ripley fly swattimg there 

But he's not the only one who f##### up

It's.how not to defend a set piece 

These players are an embarrassment 

As much as I like Ripley, I don't think he commands his box much and that is something I did think we'd get from him.

There's been a few goals like that this season (stevenage I can think of) where an inswinging corner on top of him susses him out.

That said, I hope he's here next season.

33 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m certainly not a fan of Sang, but why was the bloke left marking two players. He followed one which is as much as he can do. Riley was out of position and should have been sideways on with a view to coming for the ball. Instead he was forward facing so really wouldn’t have stood a chance at getting the ball. The determination of Stockley would have meant that he was always going to be first to the ball. The rest of the team are guilty of just standing and watching

Jason Lowe is a disgrace there! 93rd minute & facing relegation & didn’t even follow his man. Someone with his experience should do a hell of a lot better. He’s just a poor standard for this league full stop

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Jason Lowe is a disgrace there! 93rd minute & facing relegation & didn’t even follow his man. Someone with his experience should do a hell of a lot better. He’s just a poor standard for this league full stop

Us and Carlisle were in for him

Couldn't get in Salfords team 

Says everything a dof who's been in football all his life and knows his onions needs to know

• Like 2

Saint David said of Lowe on the Ale And Vale podcast he did that it was such a wonderful opportunity for youngsters to come into work everyday and see how a real pro like Jason Lowe behaves.

Not only on the pitch but the way he prepares for games and conducts himself.

<ovf censored> me, he's <ovf censored>.

• Haha 2

As soon as they scored everyone knew what would happen, you could see it in the fans and players, we'd dealt with their corners (of which there were many) very well but to go sleep then was criminal. We nearly lost in as well when the ball bounced off our defender and Ripper got down well to it.

First half was decent, second half we decided to park the bus rather than have a go... at home to the second worst side in the league, madness. Ojo going off killed us as the midfield disappeared and Loft i felt was the right change to try and hold it up a bit and give us an outlet... weak, doesnt even hit the target 1 on 1 which kills the game.

Was set up if we won last night to close the gap on that clump of teams on 38 points, could of taken the likely loss at Derby knowing Shrewsbury we could claw right back in the week after but when that equaliser went in, that felt like relegation right there, 6 wins needed and I dont see where they are coming from, had it been 5 then you look at improved confidence and maybe then beating Shrews to make it very realistic.

Nothing we change seems to solve the problems we have, manager no change, formation no change, players no change... we are out of answers to get out of this.

• Like 1