onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

Advert

Paid a tenner watch it on follow (so altogether last nights match cost me two season tickets and10 pounds extra)the fans were brilliant all I could hear was Vale Darren Moores Black and white Army and they go and put a second half display in like that .

Unbelievable Phil Sproson said Lincoln players said PVFC players have no heart .

Think they bang on 

Edited by Devine intervention

Another deeply impressive stat from throwing away a 2-0 lead with 88 minutes played tonight.

If we don't beat Orient on March 12th then we won't have won a Tuesday night league game for over 2 CALENDER YEARS.

The last one of the season is mid April, rearranged Wycombe. The last time we won was April 5th 2022, Salford. Fail to beat Orient and it'll be over 2 years without a win, at the very least. 

Speaking of 2's, we now haven't won a league game for 2 calendar months either. Blackpool Dec 29th, 62 days.

Our recruitment is outstanding though.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 3

Now 142/144 for points earned since September. We picked up the same amount of points, 16, between 12/08 - 16/09 from 7 games as we have done ever since, from 26 games.

If Rotherham and Dover both draw or win on Saturday then we go 143rd because we'll get embarrassed away at Derby.

Our recruitment is outstanding though.

I found an easier to query stat website btw. Including step 8, the Isthmian leagues where Canvey island play, Vale are Joint 222/229 for points gained since the wheels fell off after Northampton at home in mid September.

I could go further and compare against the additional 158 clubs in the regional divisions at that step which would include Hanley and Newcastle town, but I think the stats as listed above do enough to show just how outstanding our recruitment has been.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 2

Huddersfield fans absolutely despise Moore and all seem to agree that he's the worst manager they've had in the history of the club. While I don't think there's any manager capable of getting much out of our sorry bunch, I am already seeing why they have that opinion. 

The stats from last nights game were incredible. How does an away team that's lower in the table than yourselves somehow have 70% possession and over 20 shots at our goal? I felt we played better in both halves in the 7-0 loss against Barnsley under Crosby than we did in the second half last night.

He's starting to make me miss Crosby, and I'm someone who wanted him out long before many others.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 2

We're the 28th shittest performing club since September across all of the ENTIRE WORLD'S top 3 divisions btw 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If it was just points and not separated by goal difference we'd be joint 10th. Out of the top 3 leagues of every country with a professional league system.  Thailand, Wales, Cyprus, El Salvador, Indonesia, literally worldwide.

u9J4AEi.png

Edited by Doha
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another thing why was Debrah playing left back surely you move him over to right Jones and Icavetti are left footed 

Sang didn't stop one cross coming in you cannot play him at the back .

Didn't get it at at all mayor was controlling the midfield if anything we needed a extra man in there.

Was not good though second half what role was mighten playing 

Why was it easy for them to build attacks once Dipepa and Chislett left the action .

Are we a lazy team 

Loft should make it 3 that's the only chance he as had in any game and he prods it wide like a centre half .

Deary me 

What a shambles but was some positives Lopaco and Icavetti  did there jobs well but I'd have switched to 3 at back at 2 up and put extra midfielder on .

Moore did he actually do anything to stop them coming at us .

Where were his tactics ?

He is becoming a major worry 

Edited by Devine intervention

This team is as soft as snow and has no fight in it , we are done for and if this capitulation continues 25/26 season we will be in the national league . This cannot continue something has got to give  it’s either Flitcroft goes  or Carol sells , but to whom as there is no que of buyers for a failing league club . Very disappointing and for me it’s on the players this is .

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Why would we want new owners?

We just need to stop the tail wagging the dog and Carol needs to grow a pair and sack Flitcroft !

Olly, whilst without a doubt his signings have been ridiculously poor and with the odd exception there is no talent at the club. We don’t know what financial constraints he’s working under. I wasn’t happy to appoint a DoF but could see that she needed some football advice. She had this experience with Colin Garlick who apparently helped her to purchase the club, but then disposed of his services.She’s seen our demise and has done nothing to prevent it, then published an open letter slating the fans whilst blowing smoke up his backside. From someone I know at the club she was advised not to publish the letter because of its contents and the backlash it would cause, however she wouldn’t listen and still went ahead and published it. Our problem is on the pitch, but she has done nothing to prevent it, she’s off on a merry little journey concentrating on things, other than the product on the pitch. The unfortunate thing for the fans, is that this won’t change she’s an extremely stubborn woman and doesn’t seem to have the same enthusiasm as the woman who purchased the club. That woman was positive which resulted in a brilliant relationship with the fans, unlike what we’d had with any other previous owners, which was extremely refreshing and reassuring. Could you imagine little old PVFC being owned by a fan, with all that positivity and energy, no we all became inebriated and looked forward to the journey ahead. At that time she was courting the media at every opportunity, walking around the pitch,  on match days, handing things to young fans. S o where did all start unraveling.? The relationship with most of the fans has now broken down and is irreparable. The speech on Saturday what was that all about.? Her demeanour I found worrying and I’m concerned for her welfare, having seen the speech. I’m still grateful for what they did for us but everything has a shelf life and IMO this has now expired at PVFC. After Saturday I accepted that relegation will be the outcome this season as we’ve little talent at the club. She’s taken her eye off the ball, we aren’t in a position to challenge with our competitors. The problem that I see, with a faltering business is that it’ll be hard to sell which means that you either accept a lower price for the club or we’re stuck with the same owners. This means the same old sub standard,unattractive football, with an incompetent DoF and an extremely stubborn owner. I totally understand that football clubs in the lower leagues cannot survive just on gate receipts alone and that they have to bring money in from elsewhere, which I believe that she does, very well. Sorry but for me there has to be radical changes at the top and accept it’s L2 next season, which doesn’t bother me, it’s the manner in which we’re being relegated, we were top of the league when we kicked off against Burton.. Some fans would go more matches if they were entertained no matter what league we were in. This season was all about sustaining our position in this league, not seeking promotion and my report for meeting that objective this season would read, crashed and burnt. 
I don’t want her to waste her money on PVFC, just take the Synetics money and have a happy retirement.

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 1

Right, I’ve slept on it now… I’m still fuming but hopefully I’m a little more rational. Let’s start with the positives

- first half we did and a job and we’re okay (nothing more though)

- Dipepa did well on his first start.

- Lopata was solid, and the Yak did well coming back from the wilderness. Debrah, despite his mistake, was decent that aside too

That’s all I can really think of, so here’s the rant.

Darren Moore both won and lost that game. First half tactics were spot on. Then he didn’t react AT ALL to their half time subs. They put two out wide and in some cases they had 3 on 1 against Sang down our right. He just changed it like for like which didn’t help at all and if anything hindered us as the players who came On were dreadful.

We couldn’t keep hold of the ball second half. Say what you want about Crosby, and I’m not saying I want him back at all, but at two nil up we would have been able to hold onto the ball and not give them a sniff, even if we could break them down going forwards. Last night we hoofed it forward and it just came straight back. The goals were inevitable.

Mighten is in no way a striker and needs to get stronger. I don’t think I saw Loft in a forward position apart from the one tame effort he had. Lowe shouldn’t be playing in the middle.

When they made their subs at half time we should have switched back to a back four and gone 4-5-1 to help out the full backs but we didn’t. We just let them keep pummelling us hoping it’d be okay. Not good enough.

Some of those players have no fight whatsoever. You know who they are because instead of coming to applaud the fans, they walk straight down the tunnel and <ovf censored> off. Loft and Massey are the two biggest culprits of that. It’s no wonder they get pelters.

This whole mess is DF’s fault. You don’t need me to tell you that. It’s not the one bad January, it’s the fact he did it last year as well. Or sold our top goalscorer in August and didn’t replace. Call it incompetence, negligence, or just not being very good: he’s had his chance now. Get him gone. He might have done well in other areas but the most important area, on the pitch, he has failed. I’m all for a DoF, I think Carol needs one, but we need someone who is actually able to do the job, not just someone who sweet talked his way into it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Utterly utterly pathetic. 

IMG-20240227-WA0008.jpg

Basically says it all fruadcroft.  You have taken a squad and made it worse over a couple of years with rubbish transfer windows.  

A team can change things around as they have a good squad and can bring on players who change things.  We just make subs and it gets worse on the pitch as they are not League 1 players.

But hay - you have managed to pull the wool over the owners eyes with your fancy chat, powerpoint presentations and promises, but where are the better players you keep promising - oh yes they went to other clubs leaving us with 17 years olds (which seem to be better than your players you brought in).

7 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Moore is even more painful than Crosby was after games, to listen to. Huddersfield fans did warn us and now I'm really believing them. It's not on him when we got down, but my God, he comes across as dull and uninspiring. 

you cant judge a manager after 4 games least of all one who has been dealt such a crap hand and no transfer window. hes just another fall guy to protect " flicker " . sooner that fraud is cut loose the better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2