onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

Advert

This is a crucial game. We need to get behind the team. I believe we can win the game and it seems we must with Derby away next week. We are at risk of a death spiral if we lose this one, but a win gives us enough to believe there are sufficient points there for us in March. 

I'm not seeing, as many suggest, that we were rubbish against Lincoln. Darren Moore's assessment post match is realistic.

I really do think he's an intelligent and thoughtful manager with a great deal of experience. It may be enough with players coming back, it may not.

There is a big difference in standard between L1 and L2.  This team, with youngsters coming through, and some rebolstering, would 100% challenge to come straight back up if we do go down. 

We must find confidence on Tuesday and the fans must be behind the team no matter what happens on the pitch. It's the only way. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Stockleys_socks said:

I don't think the players and staff have given up but a lot of fans certainly have. I saw effort on Sat I just didn't see enough quality or confidence. These are the only guys who can keep us up so not sure what chants of you're not fit to wear the shirt are supposed to achieve.

Fans fault as usual then….

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

I dread to think the reaction if it goes wrong on Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

I am sorry to say we look completely devoid of confidence and Moores has signed to do a job with a very below average squad with no goal scoring potential and Smith is not the player he once was and I can’t believe we have signed Loft; one goal and no assists and my view is that Massey doesn’t do it for me and Jones really isn’t very good and Sang isn’t a right back ang Garrity worked really hard on Saturday and other teams have got us sussed but prove me wrong please, please,please 

Thinking about tomorrow night .

Play Lomax at right back with Sang and Shorrock at Left back with Mighten and play Loft up top with Wilson .

Lomax has that energy what's required in the two times he as come on field /played he as for being very good he is positive and I think he can free Sang up quicker for him to whip the kind of quality in that Loft if the ball comes in sooner should be able head down to Wilson score or him score himself .

Shorrock also has pace to burn and his very positive also along with mighten in home games Vale should take opposition to the cleaners I'd be very excited see a set up of hard running players gracing Vale Park. 

For the nosayers then look at the 3-0 v Blackpool Shorrock was very good yet hardly seen him since.

We at home and I think these boys will get us win up the field and having goal attempts. 

I'm not saying play them away .

We need be going for it if I see Lowe and Ojo in midfield again I will wonder if manager really wants be here 

If we're going down, might as well go down trying and taking the game to the opposition. Would be nice to attack sides and put balls into the box but 'load' the box with players. Here's a couple of (ridiculous) formations. However, which ever formation we play, it does require 100% effort from the players. At the moment though, there lies the problem.

Attacking: 334

Ripley

Lowe.  Lopata.  Jones/Yak

Ojo

Chis.         Gazza

Massey.  Loft.    Wilson.   Mighten

or

Ripley

Lowe. Lopata.   Jones/Yak

Sang.    Ojo.   Garrity     Grant

Massey.    Wilson.    Mighten

Whatever, however we set up on Tuesday it requires effort, resilience and some kind of an idea.

10 hours ago, Stockleys_socks said:

It's not over till its over. I know who I'd rather be stood next to in the trenches.

It is over and the loss tomorrow will start hammering the nails into our relegation coffin.  The squad is not good enough and that is down to Fraudcroft recruitment, however, he is teflon and no blame is put on him by Carol. 

Players who shouldn't be making rookie mistakes, but keep making them, game in game out.  Look at Smith, pass the ball directly to the Lincoln player - there was no rush for him to take the free kick, look around and see where the players are - no he just puts the ball down and taps the ball across to a vale player, however, its so soft a pass it gives their player all day to run in and place it in the goal.  This was the first minute of the game, so no rush as all, but no another mistake again by a defender and Lincoln were basically cruising from then on.  For them its a training game effectively.

You say you saw effort from the Vale players.  Well, some of them maybe, however, most seemed resigned to losing the game and were going through the motions.  Yes they looked better in a back 4 than previous games - give you that.  But we know they will make mistakes no matter what formation they play in.

But being a Vale fan, bring on tuesdays torture and we will all be hoping for a turn around, a new Vale side and at least a point.  🤣

Whilst I admire some folks optimistic posts I don't think we'd be challenging in L2 if we do go down. 

We're in a rut of complacency. 

Bigger teams than us with better gates, Bradford,Tranmere and dare I mention Swindon are wallowing around doing nothing. 

It's a vile league. 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Let’s hope the fans get behind the team for 90 minutes - win this game and we have some hope. Need to forget what has been going on at the club and cheer the lads on for the whole game.

Do you know , some vale fan are sick and tried of watching  vale players   week in week out . And play garbage . How about the players giving the vale fans something to cheer about . Take Lincoln vale gave Lincoln 2 goals and 3points . 

• Like 5

Whilst most of us wanted Darren Moore as manager, and most wanted 4 at the back - both achieved, the admissions in the covert video that vale didn't interview anyone else, and that 3 games being written off is shocking to the point of mind blowing.
I love carol as a person, love her spirit and empathy. But omg is she not the person to head a football club that needs hard ruthless decisions and a winning mentality. Having the pvfc foundation, community work etc is fantastic, it's what makes the club special but the absolute first priority of any football club is to beat the opposition.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Vale till I die said:

Do you know , some vale fan are sick and tried of watching  vale players   week in week out . And play garbage . How about the players giving the vale fans something to cheer about . Take Lincoln vale gave Lincoln 2 goals and 3points . 

Exactly. The atmosphere was built up nicely with the introduction of Moore and then boom super Smith killed it all. 

• Like 7

I wonder if John Rudge would describe the squad as "phenomenal". 

I wonder if you asked any manager in that division to name a phenomenal side, how many would say "Port Vale". 

I wonder if you asked fans of any team in that division to name a phenomenal side, how many would say "Port Vale".

In its own way, Carol saying the players are phenomenal is one of the most worrying things she's ever said. 

Edited by smithie
  • Like 5