onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

Having seen the “highlights “ yes it was a mega balls up from Smith, but thought it was a very soft penalty, maybe not even a foul, the Lincoln player had a good handful of Jones shirt.

Advert

16 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

It’s a shocking mistake. Unprofessional? Negligent? I don’t think so, it’s a game of football where the unpredictable can happen.  An horrendous mistake in a poor season for him.

If Smith was asked to explain what he was attempting to do,what do you think he would say? Pass to the other Vale player when there's a Lincoln player there to stop him doing that? So why do it? Was he trying to hit the ball against their player to bring the ref's attention to him not being away from the ball? 

I'm sorry but either of those is negligent - moreso in an absolutely crucial game. 

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I think it's because it seems thats the route we are taking but Carol wont be getting rid when she calls him Flickers

On the way back yesterday I heard Adam Yates suggest that if Vale want to continue the structure they have then maybe they should give Matt Hancock more of a role and responsibility as CEO and then just appoint an head of recruitment who can work with the manager instead of a DOF

What qualifications DOES Hancock have to be a CEO of a company?

Not to say he is anyway responsible for this mess but is it any coincidence that the downward direction started when he came on board.

14 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Having seen the “highlights “ yes it was a mega balls up from Smith, but thought it was a very soft penalty, maybe not even a foul, the Lincoln player had a good handful of Jones shirt.

It was a pen. And I could see it happening as soon as he got turned. I’m sorry but he is the biggest liability in the squad Jones is. Constant mistake after mistake after mistake he’s a disaster. Whether he had a hold of Jones shirt or not he has to do better there. He’s far too rash & just jumps in without a care in the world. Absolutely criminal 

4 hours ago, Vtid said:

I’m not being negative I’m being realistic & saying what I’m seeing with my two eyes lad. The most successful manager in history wasn’t a positive talker or arm around the shoulder type of guy in Ferguson. He was ruthless even if they won trophies he would still find something to demand more from his players. Was never happy & nobody can take away his success 

Stupid comparison. Our players are not winning every game unlike united back in the day. 

2 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Stupid comparison. Our players are not winning every game unlike united back in the day. 

We aren’t winning at all 😂 once again your missing the point. The nice approach didn’t & wont work 

12 minutes ago, smithie said:

If Smith was asked to explain what he was attempting to do,what do you think he would say? Pass to the other Vale player when there's a Lincoln player there to stop him doing that? So why do it? Was he trying to hit the ball against their player to bring the ref's attention to him not being away from the ball? 

I'm sorry but either of those is negligent - moreso in an absolutely crucial game. 

Disagree. I think he was trying to pass it to Debra and made a mess of it.

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Disagree. I think he was trying to pass it to Debra and made a mess of it.

I think he was trying to pass to Debra but took it so quickly, he didn't realise that their player was so in line.

He has been criticised for playing the ball to slow and today, he was to reckless.

A really poor error that cost us bid time.

23 minutes ago, Vtid said:

It was a pen. And I could see it happening as soon as he got turned. I’m sorry but he is the biggest liability in the squad Jones is. Constant mistake after mistake after mistake he’s a disaster. Whether he had a hold of Jones shirt or not he has to do better there. He’s far too rash & just jumps in without a care in the world. Absolutely criminal 

I was sat in line with it. It was a penalty.  Jones is NOT a Division 1 player. He is a liability. You only had to watch and savour the way Lincoln's left back continually stroked the ball 40 to 50 yards to their winger to see what a difference there was. Also their winger had acres of space against Jones all match. Jones always wanders infield, as do all our full backs over the years recently, letting wingers run at us instead of being up their shirts. Strange isn't it that opponents don't allow our wide players the same room!!

8 minutes ago, Dangermouse3 said:

I think he was trying to pass to Debra but took it so quickly, he didn't realise that their player was so in line.

He has been criticised for playing the ball to slow and today, he was to reckless.

A really poor error that cost us bid time.

That’s all I think it was too. He probably had it in his mind what he wanted to do and rushed it. It’s a shocker, no doubt about it. 

1 hour ago, trentvale said:

What qualifications DOES Hancock have to be a CEO of a company?

Not to say he is anyway responsible for this mess but is it any coincidence that the downward direction started when he came on board.

None at all. Was head of community at burton Albion before Carol offered him a job here. Ex player and manager at wolstanton Utd, big stoke fan all his family hate the vale. Carol loves him. He will be player manager soon 🤣

44 minutes ago, Vtid said:

I thought Jones was abysmal but it wasn’t a pen. Jones didn’t make contact with their players feet at any time and it was their player leaning into Jones. it didn’t make any difference to the result as we wouldn’t have scored if we were still playing now. 
As for Smith, I don’t know what has happened to him - he looks non-league at the minute.

8 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

I thought Jones was abysmal but it wasn’t a pen. Jones didn’t make contact with their players feet at any time and it was their player leaning into Jones. it didn’t make any difference to the result as we wouldn’t have scored if we were still playing now. 
As for Smith, I don’t know what has happened to him - he looks non-league at the minute.

He pulled his shirt or shorts. It’s a blatant foul. 

Archived