onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

6 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

It's looked shocking for weeks.

So we didn't achieve anything with the pitch then? Hit winter and a bit of rain and it becomes tripe again.

What has Flitcroft actually achieved? (not just spoken of)

Promotion - soon to be undone

Pitch - knackered again

T-Zone - not sure what's been done. New office at the back of the stand? A second dressing room? We're training at a non-league training pitch ffs

Recruitment - poor, for about 18 months. John Askey had a better hit rate by texting his old Macclesfield squad

Campus - nonsense

Managers - one good appointment, one poor, one we will see

Backroom staff - come and go. Remember the 'Head of Coaching' we had who lasted 6 weeks?  

Academy - more getting minutes but are they good enough? Mostly probably not

Identity - tedious 352 which Moore has binned off within a week. The traditional Vale values of fight and wing play dispensed with

Results - overseeing perhaps the worst 12-month run of form in our 100+ years

For 3 years of work, he's won a promotion, probably overseen relegation, built a new office, and built a new dressing room, and talked a whole load of waffle.

I am honestly proper embarrassed to have been taken in by it. An absolute howler.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 4

Advert

Moore needs to decide on an identity for the team. Decide how we want to play. Difficult with this bunch but it's all he's got at the moment.

We were a bit clueless today. The game was done after 1 minute 45 seconds due Smith's debacle. No idea what he didn't see and what he was thinking.

A team in relegation needs to try and sure things up at least. Not Vale. Gave them 2. Lincoln have never had it so easy today.

I say this with a level head: We looked like a mid table League 2 side.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I was told on here signing these kids on loan was the way forwards. Unbelievable how some fans get hoodwinked by what certain people in the club say. Signing so many loan players is always risky, having deals in the loan where the parent club can recall is idiotic and if in the contract we should be looking elsewhere. Just leaves us in the <ovf censored> as it has done. 

Loans can be massively important as long as  the rest of your squad is recruited well. Teams have used the loan system to get promoted from this league. We just had two outstanding players who papered over the crack of appalling recruitment. 

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

It’s disgusting.

Look at the behaviour on here tonight. Slagging him off for walking down the tunnel… building the pack mentality hatred towards the bloke.

When it gets pointed out that there are rumours he was abused at half time and probably within his rights to walk away, it gets ignored and they just move on.

A bigger man would acknowledge that if’s that’s true some of the stuff said on here tonight is out of order and won’t help the player, the team or the club.

Is this confirmed? 
If true then it’s ludicrous, I just don’t get why you would boo any player before they’ve even stepped onto the pitch. I don’t rate Loft at all, he can can ASAP for me, but I’d never shout abuse or boo before the blokes entered the pitch, not exactly going to help him or the team. 

The easiest way for him to turn this around is to turn up on the pitch and put some effort in, not get caught offside multiple times in the first few minutes. If loft scored / chased every ball down today he wouldn’t be booed. 

He should be getting abused / booed warming up, obviously. But he should be putting effort in on the pitch to turn it around. Make the clowns stop shouting at you

39 minutes ago, Doha said:

No exaggeration, that may well be the very worst goal we've ever conceded. Can anyone think of any that are worse?

Griff own goal that bounced over Chris Martin ? 

1 minute ago, JohnDoe said:

Loans can be massively important as long as  the rest of your squad is recruited well. Teams have used the loan system to get promoted from this league. We just had two outstanding players who papered over the crack of appalling recruitment. 

I agree, but we have relied on them and not recruited for the obvious day they would be recalled. 

50 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

Exactly is he for real ?

He knew it was a tight game what a Comment.

He can’t pick a team, he can’t motivate anybody and his Interviews are the Worst I have ever heard.

He says the squad is good and the Players are sat in the Dressing Roomtalking,which he says is good and pleases him !

He also says Tuesday’s Match is Important, so wasn’t today’s and the last 2 ?

I feel more confident of Will Ryder getting a result than Moore.

Mind you when Somebody gives you a 5 and 1/2 year Contract perhaps he doesn’t want to rock the Boat.

I now feel the only ones who are hurt by all of this is the Fans.

I changed gear every time I heard a cliche. I now need a new clutch despite only travelling a mile during the interview. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

Do you have confidence Fraudcroft will be able to build a better squad to get us out of Div 2.  I don't.  It will be another season where we are short of strikers, midfield and defence. Then he will come out with.  Well we lost out at the last minute.  But hay we have the next transfer window.

No mate, not one iota of confidence in that idiot

54 minutes ago, Santa said:

Norm somehow managed to build a better side than we have now, signing disinterested foreigners who fell into his lap via agents. And he didn’t need to pay a director of football to do it. 

Couldn't do much worse having him as director of football tbh

43 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Rumours on Twitter he was being abused by fans whilst warming up at half time.

Not sure why brain dead idiots who abuse players at the ground can’t understand that it doesn’t help Port Vale football club… in fact clearly it does the exact opposite.

Slag the bloke off for not clapping but IF he was being abused to his face as he is trying to do that job do you blame him for not sticking behind?

He was. Some guy slating him as they warmed up (someone said he was having a go for having his hands in his pockets). Massey and yak came over to talk to the guy about it. Massey also went straight down the tunnel. 

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Oh I’m done. <ovf censored> off vale. That’s me done 

2 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

There’s so much broken at this football club on the playing side.

Carol Shanahan. David Flitcroft. Hang your heads in shame.

Agreed - The number one priority should have been investing in.the playing squad

Instead money has been wasted on  training pitches ,parts of the stadium and a hospitality suite , Carol if your not going to Bin off Fraudcroft , please  do the right thing and  please  sell up , asap ,Thanks UTV

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Rumours on Twitter he was being abused by fans whilst warming up at half time.

Not sure why brain dead idiots who abuse players at the ground can’t understand that it doesn’t help Port Vale football club… in fact clearly it does the exact opposite.

Slag the bloke off for not clapping but IF he was being abused to his face as he is trying to do that job do you blame him for not sticking behind?

There was one bloke giving him stick because he had his hands in his pockets and didn't look bothered. I pointed it out to my daughter - and I am the ultimate no booing, happy clapper supporter. If I had warmed up like him when I played I would of got a kicking from the rest of the team. And I played rubbish level football.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Is this confirmed? 
If true then it’s ludicrous, I just don’t get why you would boo any player before they’ve even stepped onto the pitch. I don’t rate Loft at all, he can can ASAP for me, but I’d never shout abuse or boo before the blokes entered the pitch, not exactly going to help him or the team. 

The easiest way for him to turn this around is to turn up on the pitch and put some effort in, not get caught offside multiple times in the first few minutes. If loft scored / chased every ball down today he wouldn’t be booed. 

He should be getting abused / booed warming up, obviously. But he should be putting effort in on the pitch to turn it around. Make the clowns stop shouting at you

It’s always happened. I remember Adam Yates getting abused as he warmed up away at Bristol rovers one Tuesday night back in the day. A right amoeba 🦠 the fan was as well. Proper crack head material. Some things never change. The fan had probably had too much stella and Chang. Should be ashamed of himself. 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

An absolute abomination. 

Why on earth was that clown rushing to take a free kick in the first minute. Disgraceful. 

And well Jones yes I'm not a fan. He was up there with Scott Tanser and Ray Deakin. Is he colour blind ? An outrageous performance. 

Debrah another liability who seems incapable of being able to control a football. 

Chislett and Garrity are the only sparks in that team.

Truly abysmal. 

We have the worst back three in div 1

I agree that Ripley sees far too much of the ball passed back to him and there is a mistake waiting to happen but why pass back to him time and time again, Debrah being the worst. Can only be it shows how poor footballers they all are.

Garrity the one positive today. Just wish others had his heart for PVFC. I thought Chislett was not as good today and i cannot see the benefit of him playing wide because he will never be a winger. Far better running through the middle behind a one or two man strike force. Oh wait we have no one up front...

There are NO GOALS anywhere in this squad

• Like 1