onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

Advert

4 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Firstly I’ll address the “have you been drinking on a school night”. 
No. I’ve not long been in from work.

Not that I need to justify myself to you.

So let’s put that one to bed and don’t be nasty. Being angry to other Vale fans ain’t good. We all want success.

Secondly. When I said about the injuries I wasn’t on about the pitch. I was pointing towards the superb training and recovering facilities we have, yet we seem to have injuries galore since “sport science” as well as the training facilities took over. And maybe that’s where things should be looked at even at the top level. How many injuries in the game in general since this sport science <ovf censored> came into the game?!!

Thirdly. The point people make is that if they can fork out on x amount for the prawn sandwich brigade, it’s not hard to look after your own supporters and keep the ground intact.

Bedes point. Was this…… He’s never seen restrictions in attendance in his life. And that is true. Apart from the old  family stand which is now where the new big screen is. 

So all I am saying is that nobody is gonna die if the paddock bogs were sorted and the stand was full because history shows you, Everton, Arsenal at home in 96 and 98 to use two examples, that everyone came to a football match and had a wee and went home safe.

And finally fuzzy…… Don’t be so angry.

Express your thoughts. We all love the Vale. Don’t get personal and have a lovely day and a lovely week and here’s to the sheer hope of not getting beat on Tuesday.

Youre welcome.

Goodnight. And sweet dreams.

So she finally finishes the Robbie suite and Carol gets accused of looking after the prawn sandwich brigade(roughly 100k a year before beer sales) 

Why are we even talking/worrying about reduced health and safety ground capacity when it’s half full at very best 

You have let yourself down there with the way you have wrote that 

5 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Short-termist drivel at its finest there. Yeah Micky got us promoted because he was a superb manager. One of the best we've ever had. What was the aftermath of that season? No progress, relegation within 3 years, near extinction and liquidation. Great strategy, let's do it again.

Well, to be fair, it looks like we're doing the same again!!!

8 hours ago, Powerline said:

This made me chuckle. Especially DJ Nutter. Bloke looks like he’s loving it but does my nut in when I’m waiting for my oatcakes.

Hats off to the oatcake van staff, their ability to lipread is phenomenal 😁

11 hours ago, eh up nah said:

If i was a sceptic (and i am a sceptic), I'd say we were really hoping Crosby would see us limp over the line without spending anything in January. 

However, losing to the bottom side for the fourth time this season was the final straw for the fan base and serious unrest began to surface.

The fans were gunning for flitcroft after that.  

I'm not sure the sacking of Crosby was particularly planned.  Something came to a head that Monday after Fleetwood.

I think Crosby may have kicked off, said a few home truths about the hand he'd been dealt in the January window and that kicking off led to his sacking.

Flitcroft, and possibly Carol, realised the look this had and we have gone and thrown a lot of money at Darren Moore to get him to be our manager, probably to save face.  They were probably all set to appoint Mark Kennedy, he wasn't at the orient game for nothing.  However, they caught wind fans would be even more unhappy and so went to Darren Moore with a 5 year deal.

I have absolutely no evidence, no source that any of that is how it worked.  Just a feeling that's all.

I do genuinely believe we thought we'd see the season out with Crosby but the hand was forced by yet another dire performance and fan unrest.

It's panic, basically.

Could be way off.

That's exactly what I would bet on. The ball was dropped in allowing Thomas to go back without a suitable striker to bring in. No doubt Flitters had some fall through, but to have no replacement was a big, avoidable mistake. That set everyone against each other, and eventually led to Crosby going, but as you say I think DF gave Croz an unworkable squad and from there it was either resign yourself or get rid of the "problem." I'd rather have Moore every day of the week, don't get me wrong, but I think the "togetherness" line is largely a myth.

6 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Do you recall Vale getting relegated under John Rudge in 1995. If you had your way then he would have been sacked and we would never have had the amazing period that followed.

That old Rudgie chestnut. The bloke was a freak , a one off genius. 

I'm on about DOF anyway not the manager. 

Let's face it you can have the best facilities in world football that is not what attracts the modern footballers they would get changed in there car and train on the car park as long as you pay them more MONEY ££ than than the other clubs.they don't care about the clubs anymore it's who ever PAYS the most.thats why the beautiful game is dying at lower level as most top end league one players would rather rot in a championship sides reserves on £10000 a week than play every week in league one on £5000 not saying it's wrong would leave my job tomorrow if someone else wanted to pay me more MONEY to do less just saying how it is MONEY first everything else is irrelevant fans included.

6 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

No but they do reduce injuries and attract better signings. Do those things help to win football matches?

Hmm

our new pitch certainly reduced the amount of injuries this year ??!!?

2 minutes ago, osprey said:

Hmm

our new pitch certainly reduced the amount of injuries this year ??!!?

I believe they are blaming the training pitch now hence our tour of non-league training facilities

1 hour ago, Packmoor_vale said:

So she finally finishes the Robbie suite and Carol gets accused of looking after the prawn sandwich brigade(roughly 100k a year before beer sales) 

Why are we even talking/worrying about reduced health and safety ground capacity when it’s half full at very best 

You have let yourself down there with the way you have wrote that 

Didn't the RW suite cost >£1.2m? That's a lot of expense to claw back. If it makes a profit of 100k pa we'll be quids in by 2037. In reality it's basically moved an income stream from one area of the ground to another and in 12 years time will need more than a lick of paint no doubt

26 minutes ago, mr1876 said:

Let's face it you can have the best facilities in world football that is not what attracts the modern footballers they would get changed in there car and train on the car park as long as you pay them more MONEY ££ than than the other clubs.they don't care about the clubs anymore it's who ever PAYS the most.thats why the beautiful game is dying at lower level as most top end league one players would rather rot in a championship sides reserves on £10000 a week than play every week in league one on £5000 not saying it's wrong would leave my job tomorrow if someone else wanted to pay me more MONEY to do less just saying how it is MONEY first everything else is irrelevant fans included.

You’ve exaggerated it a touch. But I don’t fully agree. Players will not risk training on a bog of a training pitch or 4G Astro turf facilities if theres a risk of them being injured or they have a history of certain injuries. Facilities do play a part, not the 100% defining factor, but they do. 

37 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Didn't the RW suite cost >£1.2m? That's a lot of expense to claw back. If it makes a profit of 100k pa we'll be quids in by 2037. In reality it's basically moved an income stream from one area of the ground to another and in 12 years time will need more than a lick of paint no doubt

Who paid for it?

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

That old Rudgie chestnut. The bloke was a freak , a one off genius. 

I'm on about DOF anyway not the manager. 

My second favourite OVF trope, behind 'somehow, the fans are to blame', is chucking 'Rudgie' out there to defend anyone from ever being sacked for incompetence, ever.

That post you quoted combines the two. 

11 hours ago, smithie said:

I definitely think something changed after the home defeat by Cheltenham when the team were barracked by the fans. I think some of the senior players were taken aback by the impatience with the passing game and were probably bemused by the loan kids being booed by the home fans. Thereafter it's felt like players and fans are not bonded. 

Just my opinion of course.

But if footballers can't stand criticism when they are not putting the hard yards in , then they're in the wrong job, imo  # bunch of bloody snowflakes # Get a Grip 

Archived