Advert

David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

The only plausible explanation is that we’ve actively been trying to get relegated since January 2023, as a tax write off.

A bit like the plot of that Mel Brooks film about some producers.

Its alright through because we almost signed a striker. Nearly. Coulda Woulda Shoulda.What was it that Sean Connery’s character said in The Rock? “ Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and do something rude to the prom queen.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

I can only judge people as I find so I'll be honest, I don't understand where all this hatred for the bloke comes from off fans. OK some of the transfer activity as been crap with regards to Stikers ect, but he can only spend what Carol gives him. H The prob I think for him, is some fans will always be up Pope's backside and so once Pope did that interview slatting Flitcroft he's always been onto a loser.

Maybe it's because flitcrofts recruitment has been absolutely shyt# and he seems more interested in better training facilities over better players that's why we are P####d off

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Santa said:

The only plausible explanation is that we’ve actively been trying to get relegated since January 2023, as a tax write off.

A bit like the plot of that Mel Brooks film about some producers.

Its alright through because we almost signed a striker. Nearly. Coulda Woulda Shoulda.What was it that Sean Connery’s character said in The Rock? “ Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and do something rude to the prom queen.”

Ah, you mean like Father Ted's A Song for Europe?

It all makes sense now, all that talk of is being promoted "too early" and how much it cost us to go up. We're trying to get relegated to save money!

• Like 1

On 16/02/2024 at 17:11, JoeB2 said:

I think, if NINE targets fall through, maybe you’re shopping in unrealistic markets.

Spot on.

It's fine to go after your "A Grade" strikers and not get them if you already have some other "A/B/C Grade" strikers at the club.

I'm not even sure we have "F Grade" strikers.

Relying on someone with weetabix for legs, a 16 year old, and someone that hasn't scored a league goal since October 2022 is utter lunacy! 

• Like 1

I'm afraid that football is a results business, that's the nature of the beast, so by that reckoning DF has to be responsible, the DoF's position must be at risk if/when we get relegated, allowing the striker situation to get in to the state it is should be enough for a resignation.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I'm afraid that football is a results business, that's the nature of the beast, so by that reckoning DF has to be responsible, the DoF's position must be at risk if/when we get relegated, allowing the striker situation to get in to the state it is should be enough for a resignation.

Stop talking sense.

Carol will get you banned if you attack him.

Do as queen and king say and shut up and accept their methods.

Thats more or less what she told us all in her pathetic open letter.

• Like 4

In reality, this podcast was what it was always going to be: A carefully rehearsed spin exercise, done when a positive decision has been made to focus on that, covering the same old ground. 

If we get relegated, no doubt there will be further faith placed in him because he was at the club during the previous promotion. 

Who at the club, other than Carol, is Flitcroft answerable to?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Today summed it up for me.
Cheltenham have a crap ground with a small fan base, a poor training facility, poor hospitality and a dodgy pitch, and yet the most important part of the whole set up is the head coach and the 11 players kicking the football about. 
Last time I looked it said Port Vale football club at the main entrance and David Flitcroft is at the head of that...
My Granny used to say all fur coat and no knickers that sums the Vale up.....

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The trouble here is that Flitcroft has created a job so unique to him self that Carol will be thinking how she could possibly replace him. The mumbojumbo that comes out of his mouth is mesmerising, the fact is no one else could do his job because he has created it in his image. He doesn’t care about us fans, in fact he only has to carry on and impress one person, that being Carol. There is no other person in the club she could turn to, certainly not Rudgie, nearing 80, for any football club advice. I was amused by his almost Kremlinesque interview, with the media lad reiterating how busy Flitcroft is etc.

Campus, football services, latitudinal progression, foo foo dust.

• Like 8

It’s very clear that transfer dealings over 3 windows have totally shafted us and barring a miracle will result in our relegation, with all the financial implications.  There’s no escaping who is responsible.  If and when we’re mathematically down then Carol will have to take action.  It’s quite obvious what that will entail.  It won’t be a new manager.

• Like 5