onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stevenage (H) match thread - 10th Feb

robf

Advert

8 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Is it not Flickers that made the awful managers choice?

I am talking about what Crosby had to work with, are you saying that Flitcroft provided him with a well stocked squad? I’m not saying that Crosby was brilliant, I take it you were happy with his contribution during our promotion season?

8 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

It was 100% a penalty.

Its insane to compare the tackle on Chislett to the one Grant made.

It was good a strong tackle on Chislett in which the player fairly won the ball, where Grant was slow & ponderous to which he tripped the Portsmouth player

That maybe your opinion but for me and everyone around me in Lorne St it 100% wasn't. Even if as you say Grant was ponderous he STILL got to the ball 1stand their player made a meal of going down. The Chislett incident for me was 100% a foul because even IF their player got the ball 1st he followed through into Chislett and if nothing else it resulted in Chislett being knocked quite violently to the ground and then being unable to compete to win the ball back. I'm sure you will disagree but i will never alter that view as will the majority who like me were sat right in front of it.

On 06/02/2024 at 18:33, Vtid said:

He’d be my choice for captain. We aren’t blessed with leaders tho so it’s a tough one 

On 06/02/2024 at 18:47, Vtid said:

Happy with that line up! 2 up front, Smith & Grant rightly dropped. Psychopath Lopata given his chance. Come on Wills cheeky whites 💪🏻 

4 minutes ago, mbycars said:

That maybe your opinion but for me and everyone around me in Lorne St it 100% wasn't. Even if as you say Grant was ponderous he STILL got to the ball 1stand their player made a meal of going down. The Chislett incident for me was 100% a foul because even IF their player got the ball 1st he followed through into Chislett and if nothing else it resulted in Chislett being knocked quite violently to the ground and then being unable to compete to win the ball back. I'm sure you will disagree but i will never alter that view as will the majority who like me were sat right in front of it.

I was sat in the Lorne St. Watching live I thought it was a foul on Chislett. On watching the TV clip of it, no way was it a foul. Great tackle by Pompey player. If that gets blown as a foul may as well make football a non contact sport. Penalty decision was 50/50.

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Wilson was ineffective on Tuesday. Seemed to do better yesterday. But to the facts. Garrity is top scorer still with 11 goals. When the ball drops in the box or edge of box he is very likely to score. Wilson is not getting enough goals whether technically better or not. Yesterday we played lots of good stuff. But the fact is Stevenage scored our goals. 

If the Stevenage player hadn't put the ball in the net there were 2 Vale players who would have tapped it in and it was a sublime ball in too. As Smithie said Ojo scored the 2nd.

25 minutes ago, mbycars said:

If the Stevenage player hadn't put the ball in the net there were 2 Vale players who would have tapped it in and it was a sublime ball in too. As Smithie said Ojo scored the 2nd.

It was a great ball. But Wilson is not scoring enough goals. Neither is Chislett. 

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

There is a reasonable League 1 player in Tom Sang.

I agree. I still think he’s a CM and we need to get him in half spaces to make better use of his deliveries.

15 hours ago, valeparklife said:

I'm struggling to see the positivity still.

We were dreadful.

An own goal, a dubious penalty and a raft of missed Stevenage chances.

We got away with one.

We're still massively in the brown stuff here.

Positivity is we were by far the better team in the first half - even Evans said that. Had we managed to get 2-0 up we’d have won the game. They changed it at HT and were the better side for the next half an hour before we regained a measure of control and had a couple of efforts before the penalty. 
I didn’t see the raft of missed Stevenage chances, I saw two clear chances they scored and two they missed but we had as many we fluffed also. 
I see the match stats were very even - same shots on target, we had one more in total so a draw was about right. 
Can’t disagree we are deep in trouble but  six wins to the end of the season is not a lost cause.

As sad as it is, we simply need Ryan Loft to do something between now and season's end. We haven't got any other choice.

Wilson plays 70 minutes. Dipepa is too young. We've got to make the best of a bad situation.

Going to make it my personal mission to achieve maximum positivity for Ryan Loft. He simply must deliver the goods. No more groaning or booing. We need 4-5 goals off him by season's end.

Let him cook, I say.

Archived