onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

11 hours ago, Doha said:

Vale have posted a video from training. Garrity was taking part.

Jamie Smith is definitely DMs assistant. Daryl Taylor the conditioning coach is still here. There's two coaches I don't recognise, one was doing GK stuff with Ripley.

Not sure who that is with what looks like DF?

FwtQ1tX.png

tom.png

Advert

48 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Looks similar to the bloke who was up vale on deadline day in the office late on. And a few thought he was Michael smith. 

Somebody at the time put that the person pictured on deadline day was actually a member of staff who looked like Smith but i have no idea

39 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Somebody at the time put that the person pictured on deadline day was actually a member of staff who looked like Smith but i have no idea

Turns out it was Tom Fry! Let him cook he’s prolific 😭😭😭

The Talksport interview was pretty light stuff. The real questions I want are what does DM think of our current squad? Does he think the quality is there? Is he impressed? Or does he think he has a battle to help a bunch of no hopers?

I’ve not really been able to get much insight into that from any interview so far.

9 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

The Talksport interview was pretty light stuff. The real questions I want are what does DM think of our current squad? Does he think the quality is there? Is he impressed? Or does he think he has a battle to help a bunch of no hopers?

I’ve not really been able to get much insight into that from any interview so far.

To be fair, he isn't going to come out & slam the squad re lack of quality after 2 x training sessions & ahead of his first match in charge is he. Only a fool would do that. He needs them onside, everyone working together to achieve safety.

17 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

To be fair, he isn't going to come out & slam the squad re lack of quality after 2 x training sessions & ahead of his first match in charge is he. Only a fool would do that. He needs them onside, everyone working together to achieve safety.

What he thinks about them does not matter at present, his job is to  organise and motivate them to avoid relegation. The future will have been discussed during the interviews.

9 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

What he thinks about them does not matter at present, his job is to  organise and motivate them to avoid relegation. The future will have been discussed during the interviews.

Exactly.  Just like DC did when he landed before the ‘deadwood’ clear out and promotion.

Can't comment on the game thread as it's not showing on the app.
I didn't think we would win today and could possibly grab a point after watching Cheltenham mid week. DC has done miracles down there. How the hell can he get a tune out of Taylor down there when he pretty much did nothing for us? Pett is class, just defies belief he got MoM today.
I can only think we played with the same formation for the majority of today as DM had to access what's what with how they have been set up and playing, as he's only been with us a few days . I expect and suspect we will have a change for Tues, if not then alarm bells will go into overdrive and we are down, simple as that.
He has to change it. To what? I've no idea as our defenders are dreadful. We will see come Tuesday.
His after match was interesting and was on point for me. The mentality has to change. We can score, but not defend for love nor money and it's a collective responsibility. Can they do it? Let's hope so as we all do.
Wilson can do one atm. Start with the Barnsley Lad in there somewhere, at least he offers something, and has played as a forward at the start of his career . One average game, for Wilson, in weeks now,enoughs enough with him.
Ben and Mitch immenitely coming back will be massive for us. However, I did here weeks ago Ben was back end of March, so unless he's way ahead with getting back we are doomed there.
Parties over Big D. Welcome to Vale gaffer, you've seen it now, what we've seen for well over a year now. It has to change somehow. Over to you Gaffer

I don't get all this talk of Moore leaving when we get relegated. Why would he do that? His last two jobs would be a cock up at Huddersfield and then taking Port Vale into League Two. He'd be mad to think a big League One club would jump at the chance to hire him.

Similarly, he's out best bet of getting back into League One. We'd be mad to let him go and then be scratching around for a Mark Kennedy.

Moore needs us and we need Moore. Doubly so after relegation.

28 minutes ago, Wrex said:

I don't get all this talk of Moore leaving when we get relegated. Why would he do that? His last two jobs would be a cock up at Huddersfield and then taking Port Vale into League Two. He'd be mad to think a big League One club would jump at the chance to hire him.

Similarly, he's out best bet of getting back into League One. We'd be mad to let him go and then be scratching around for a Mark Kennedy.

Moore needs us and we need Moore. Doubly so after relegation.

I disagree mate he’s never managed below league 1. We were a mess before he took over & relegation if or when it happens won’t be on him. His CV would still have a lot more success than failures on it even if we went down. I don’t see him sticking & managing in league 2 & by then he would have had enough of Flitcroft & his ‘ plan ‘ 

Archived