onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

5 minutes ago, PVP said:

I would really hope that the club understands the need to appoint somebody today.  I am not in any way saying rush the appointment but there is huge level of urgency around this.  People talk about new manager bounce back.  We need 3 points tomorrow and to get this we need an experienced person in the dug out not a group of people who have just thrown into the deep end to make do !

I'm pretty sure that if anyone is appointed today, they won't be in the dugout tomorrow.

Advert

8 minutes ago, PVP said:

I would really hope that the club understands the need to appoint somebody today.  I am not in any way saying rush the appointment but there is huge level of urgency around this.  People talk about new manager bounce back.  We need 3 points tomorrow and to get this we need an experienced person in the dug out not a group of people who have just thrown into the deep end to make do !

We don't do urgency mate 

Haven't you noticed   🤔👍

1 hour ago, Vtid said:

Anyone else think we will have an announcement at some point today or is there just me being an impatient, optimistic wally? 

Question asked, question answered 😉.  Surely there has to be some kind of announcement especially since there’s been no pre-match press conference- when was the last time that happened?

4 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Question asked, question answered 😉.  Surely there has to be some kind of announcement especially since there’s been no pre-match press conference- when was the last time that happened?

Since they thought the DOF might have to take it 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Vtid said:

Anyone else think we will have an announcement at some point today or is there just me being an impatient, optimistic wally? 

I would much rather they took a few days and actually interview a handful of suitable candidates this time.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

I will reiterate. Fleetwood signed two strikers this window after their manager was sacked days before and after their bankrolling owner went to prison for 13 years in the summer. Us not getting anyone in is a shambolic failure and deserves DF being moved on solely on that disasterclass alone.

Burton signed 4 forwards for <ovf censored> sake! Including Joe Hugill from Man Utd. How puzzling, they managed to loan a player from a top 6 club without the indispensable Flitcroft being involved. Modern science can not explain that mystery.

And so did Cambridge, signing ex-Forest Lyle Taylor (3 goals and one assist now in 4 games) and Macauley Bonne on loan from Ipswich, two excellent signings. This followed the appointment of Neil Harris in early December so that he could look over the squad and bring in some extra firepower. I should add that this was after Cambridge, on smaller gates than the Vale, had recruited 3 new forwards in the summer to replace Knibbs and Smith who, already this season, have scored 24 goals and three assists in 90 games. 

The more you look objectively at the evidence, the more it puts our recruitment in the shade.

2 minutes ago, Davo666 said:

Can't see there being an announcement any time soon due to the amount of candidates they've got to interview !!....emoji23.png

We don't know of any candidates. The betting odds are just odds given with supporters putting bets on who they want to be manager or who they think will be manager.

4 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

And so did Cambridge, signing ex-Forest Lyle Taylor (3 goals and one assist now in 4 games) and Macauley Bonne on loan from Ipswich, two excellent signings. This followed the appointment of Neil Harris in early December so that he could look over the squad and bring in some extra firepower. I should add that this was after Cambridge, on smaller gates than the Vale, had recruited 3 new forwards in the summer to replace Knibbs and Smith who, already this season, have scored 24 goals and three assists in 90 games. 

The more you look objectively at the evidence, the more it puts our recruitment in the shade.

Let's not beat about the bush - recruitment has been poor beyond belief. On that basis DF deserves to be removed from situ. However, if the agenda is the fact that we are skint and focussing on other areas of the business to make money then that's the way they are going. It is false economy as losing League 1 status will destroy the much misaligned Premier League loan strategy. What is the cost of losing revenue from 2K supporters and the EFL money? It is difficult to be critical of the Shanahan's but what we are doing on the pitch recruitment wise is wrong - so wrong. I also have a feeling budget will restrict any new manager appointment.

Will Ryders the new manager keep working on Loft heading on and nothing coming off it .

So when we were trying keep the ball and work our way through the field, it's now pass it too Ripley and him.find Lofts head about 80 yards away from the goal and folk are creaming themselves about that .

Absolute garbage football hope Evans isn't reading that only got put a best header of the ball on Loft then Vale might have hit it long and  in the air to mighten .

You couldn't make it up .

No one had the guts do a pre match presser whys that?

That tells me they all feeling sorry for themselves and no one's taking any responsibility at all 

Moore would be a good hire, having take a team out of this league into the championship. Boner would also be a good hire if we’re looking at getting promoted from L2 next season, but would be a backward step.

If we are serious about being championship ready, then a manager that matches that is a must

10 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

That tells me they all feeling sorry for themselves and no one's taking any responsibility at all 

It would tell me that they think time is better spent talking to a potential manager with the aim of making an announcement today. If the players know the new manager is in the Lorne Street watching, you would hope it would give them the kick up the arse needed.

Archived