onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

Gary Rowett would be a good shout but probably won't happen, same with Ainsworth or Steve Clarke.
Lol ...Got the wrong Scotsman should read Steve Evans not Steve Clarke least I got the Steve bit right !!....

I think the club need to communicate (as i keep arching back to) on what the plan is now...

There are two ways about this... we either get a permanent manager in for the long term, or we get a temporary one in and look to recruit full time in the summer.

The issue we have is we have a way of wanting to play etc that the club are pushing however at the moment thats no what we need, at the moment we need to scrap and battle our way out of this situation so I would suggest we get in a quick "Firefighter of a manager" who is experienced, offer them good money if we have to but incentive based so say right 12 weeks work, we will give you £35k for it and a bonus on top of £25k if you keep us up for example. A Chris Hughton or someone like that maybe.

This way you have 12 weeks to find the right long term appointment that can build the philosophy you want.

I'd be wary about getting in someone who's going to keep trying to play pretty football with this current squad he has in the hope of out footballing terms as that will be relegation.

The problem we’re going to have now is our squad. It’s threadbare. The players we need are injured, and the ones we have are either not good enough, inexperienced, or have no fight or care.

Who would want to come into that? Of the managers mentioned:

Some are above our level: Gary Rowett

Some are our level but have reputations that are too good to waste on our squad: Michael Duff

Some are doing well at their own clubs so why come here? Steve Evans, Pete Wild

None of them would want to work with our squad.

That leaves inexperienced coaches which, sadly, won’t get us out of this position.

I would like Darren Moore until the end of the season for some fight - but I can’t see it.

John Eustace long term… again can’t see it.

we’re in real trouble.

New manager for me would obviously be Duff but i think he will be destined for a Championship club or wait for one but he is a no brainer target for me

Then there is Wild who has done superb for Barrow,relegation fodder to challenging up there,not sure on his badges but how about Wild with Worrall as assistant ? Would he leave for a relegation threatened club who knows

I also think that Eustace is missing out on a few jobs so might just want to drop down to build back up so to speak(Jones has done that at Charlton).... so i would be happy with these 3 but the only issue and its a big one would any of them come with DF having overall control this is a worry for me

Anyway we all know that the new man will be his family business partner especially if we win tonight or at the very least the new man would be told he has to work with Dunn

22 minutes ago, PV1993 said:

The problem we’re going to have now is our squad. It’s threadbare. The players we need are injured, and the ones we have are either not good enough, inexperienced, or have no fight or care.

Who would want to come into that? Of the managers mentioned:

Some are above our level: Gary Rowett

Some are our level but have reputations that are too good to waste on our squad: Michael Duff

Some are doing well at their own clubs so why come here? Steve Evans, Pete Wild

None of them would want to work with our squad.

That leaves inexperienced coaches which, sadly, won’t get us out of this position.

I would like Darren Moore until the end of the season for some fight - but I can’t see it.

John Eustace long term… again can’t see it.

we’re in real trouble.

I’d be more than happy with Darren Moore 

4 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Dunn has also gone.

So he should all the coaching staff should follow suit after Crosby. It’s a collective effort if you can call it that. Floor cloth to but that won’t happen 

6 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Port Vale Football Club can confirm that Will Ryder, Matt Done and Danny Lloyd will take charge of first-team responsibilities on an interim basis.

Gamble in one aspect that, real gamble but in fairness to Will he has done excellent with the youth side hasn't he.

Different to making in game changes and tactical decisions in L1 though...

i know we’re in the <ovf censored> at the minute with no manger but having a bunch of academy coaches taking charge of the men’s first team is an entirely different proposition. Hopefully it isn’t for too long. 

On the one hand at least any future manager won’t be bound by having to work with existing coaching staff. Seen how that works out before.

On the other hand if all of them are gone and left the academy staff in charge it does make me think the whole coaching staff have pretty much just raised what an absolute <ovf censored> sandwich they’ve been given to work with.

18 hours ago, valeparklife said:

It won't be Ainsworth.

Flitcroft's masterplan is a manager that plays backwards/sideways football and bloods youth - the exact opposite of Ainsworth.

It will be some coach from a Premier League academy.

That will be Appleton then ...... gets jobs for 12mths then gets sacked he must have a brilliant agent

Archived