onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb

geoff1

9 minutes ago, Stockleys_socks said:

Two games in hand. 2 very winnable home games. All is not lost folks.

I assume that those mocking this post have waved the white flag with 15 games remaining? That's resilience for you. A good job we've got a manager who believed his team could come back from 4-0 down to win the playoffs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Advert

I can't wait to see the 'open letter' Carol and our sweet Dave come up with when our relegation is confirmed. 

I've never felt more distant from the club. Complete and total apathy all around. We have no identity or plan. We are weak, slow and boring to watch. It feels absolutely soulless. 

That open letter should have been a rallying cry, a kick up the a*se to everybody at the club, Dave included but instead I feel like it's signalling the beginning of the end of Carol's tenure. She's losing a lot of support and very quickly. That letter will come back to bite her. She's losing her legacy. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MBE said:

Generally we looked better with our formation tonight but offensively we look poor with very little quality when it matters but what really irks me is our defending as a team.

We concede yet again after winning 1st contact in the box. To be fair Wing is a fantastic 1 in 50 strike and you could argue Massey could have thrown himself at it but the 2nd one has summed us up.

Under a bit of pressure and we fold like a deck of cards. Block the bit then every <ovf censored> player in our box stands and watches. It’s the same every single game we have played.

Weak minded players, majority aren’t good enough for L2 and don’t even get me started on Grant. 

Spot on

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

if relegation does happen,

You were saying something diametrically opposite this morning, at least try and be consistent with your comments.

30 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I'll lose no sleep if she decides to walk.

Recent history suggests you won't get any sleep.

One of the few positives is that we looked a bit better against a side which have become pretty good, with a new system we'd worked on for a day. Reading are in really, really good form, especially at home.

I'm struggling, but there were flashes of more positive play. Remove the wonder-goal, and do we battle to a point?

6 wins. 

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Since I became Chair of Port Vale I have made mistakes. Appointing Dave Flitcroft is not one of them.

The man is a fraud. Came for the managers Job, talked his way into a DOF role (that didn't even exist) took it on a part time basis. 

We're talking about a professional football club here. And he's been allowed to do 3 days a week (taking care of everything football) so he can look after his family business. He came for the managers job! It's criminal. 

The squad he's assembled is embarrassing, and I dread to think what some of them are being paid compared to what they're actually worth. 

Just fùck him off.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Paul6754 said:

You were saying something diametrically opposite this morning, at least try and be consistent with your comments.

Recent history suggests you won't get any sleep.

What did I say? I said there is a route out. Not sure that's diametrically opposite to 'if we go down' Paul.

Edited by JoeB2

12 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

With this lot of players.  Jones - injured (no doubt 2 weeks - which then turns into 2 months).

Grant came on and couldn't defend for toffee.

The teams around us have bought players in and doing better than us.

If we keep to 4 at the back formation - then yes we have a chance.

I still think we'd concede playing with a back ten. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stockleys_socks said:

I assume that those mocking this post have waved the white flag with 15 games remaining? That's resilience for you. A good job we've got a manager who believed his team could come back from 4-0 down to win the playoffs.

It’s posts like this that make me want to believe! But when your not good enough offensively & cave at the back I can see why people are saying we’re down. To top it off we have no confidence at all. Like you say lots of points to play for, maybe just maybe we win these next 2 home games & more start to believe. I honestly can’t see us staying up now from this position but the Vale in me says wait until these 2 home games 😏

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

Player wise tonight.

Tom Sang. Jason Lowe. Ryan Loft. All take a long look at yourself in the mirror. And ask yourself, are you a professional footballer.

Loft is awful. Just keep him off the park. He isn’t going to get us any goals to keep us up so as a supposed striker we are carrying him.

Lowe is garbage as a midfielder. Just go to Moore and say “gaffer my legs have gone.

Sang ain’t much better. Stick him at right back. He’s crap. Stick him at wing back. He’s crap. Nowhere else to go for him. He’s just crap.

May as well put Lowe at right back going forward. He’s the best of a bad bunch. Garrity up top. And then put Mr Blobby in the middle of the park if he’s still about, over Lowe.

Honestly. I mean….. What an absolute <ovf censored> mess Carol has got us in!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Am I right in thinking that Carol pointed the Plymouth way as a club to emulate ? Despite them always having the capability of double our gates .

They consolidated, then lost out on the last day to make play offs, then won the title.

Can't imagine they had no strikers and were an absolute embarrassment for months on end. 

Only thing we share in common with Plymouth is that both clubs begin with a P. We needed to stick to our identity as a club on the pitch first and foremost. Our best times were when we were direct and got two wingers pumping balls into the box and trying to beat a man. Instead we've spent all season pissing around trying to be the Burslem Barcelona after Flitcroft had a few good sessions at home on Football Manager and got a bit excited.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1