onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb

geoff1

Advert

• robf changed the title to Reading v Port Vale
On 05/02/2024 at 18:34, mr.hobblesworth said:

We need to pack the home ends pretending to be Reading fans, invade the pitch, get them a points deduction. Survival sorted.

Funnily enough if it's us or them on the last day, they are at Home to Blackpool,that works for me

Should have beat them 4 -0 at home .

Away with our set up and our lack of working together as a team only one winner it won't be us.

I'm.going give it a miss I'm going start the gym and spend my time swimming ,working out walking and loving life .

Vale since the Charlton game do not do anything for me if anything they play like they cannot be arsed so works both ways .

If Dickos had enough it says it all really .

Don't waste peoples time Vale players once your selected you should be crawling off the pitch, not while the games in motion, you run harder than ever you have ever ran , you show  intent and desire and a you not beating us mentality not shrug your shoulders and look like and play like you hate the supporters who pay your <ovf censored> wages .

I was always surprised when ex father in law stopped going he hasn't being a game this season because of home performances last but I understand why folk will walk away .

Team pick a team.who will work for one another and be positive not score then spend the next 15 minutes not defending with any authority (yesterday).

I'd put Walters in myself. 

Chislett he did OK yesterday maybe deserved a couple of goals ,least he runs forwards .

Ripley .

So my team 

Ripley 

Debrah Ojo Lopaco Icavetti 

Walters Sang 

Lomax  Chislett  Shorrock 

Mighten 

Go for it .

There's so many who played there way out the team yesterday let's put our faith in the youngsters least they will run hard if nowt else  .

Sick of senior pros playing when they feel like it if I went to work in my manual labour job and didn't perform I'd be sacked .

Edited by Devine intervention

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

Should have beat them 4 -0 at home .

Away with our set up and our lack of working together as a team only one winner it won't be us.

I'm.going give it a miss I'm going start the gym and spend my time swimming ,working out walking and loving life .

Vale since the Charlton game do not do anything for me if anything they play like they cannot be arsed so works both ways .

If Dickos had enough it says it all really .

Don't waste peoples time Vale players once your selected you should be crawling off the pitch, not while the games in motion, you run harder than ever you have ever ran , you show  intent and desire and a you not beating us mentality not shrug your shoulders and look like and play like you hate the supporters who pay your <ovf censored> wages .

I was always surprised when ex father in law stopped going he hasn't being a game this season because of home performances last but I understand why folk will walk away .

Team pick a team.who will work for one another and be positive not score then spend the next 15 minutes not defending with any authority (yesterday).

I'd put Walters in myself. 

Chislett he did OK yesterday maybe deserved a couple of goals ,least he runs forwards .

Ripley .

So my team 

Ripley 

Debrah Ojo Lopaco Icavetti 

Walters Sang 

Lomax  Chislett  Shorrock 

Mighten 

Go for it .

There's so many who played there way out the team yesterday let's put our faith in the youngsters least they will run hard if nowt else  .

Sick of senior pros playing when they feel like it if I went to work in my manual labour job and didn't perform I'd be sacked .

Well that team will lose 6 nil, just by 1/2 time, agree with the "senior" players, I say we should get "Dicko" in,  if he has a change of heart by Tuesday. All who go on the fun (not much fun atm) bus can play, as long as they have the required 3-4 pints . Oh they must remember to eat well, so 64 oz mixed grill before kick off or veg option.

This game is going to be horrible as we are going to get beat by a not bad Reading side . For me the EFL have made us collateral damage in the Reading mess by not enforcing the rules on a contrived abandonment, but hey that’s the EFL I’m guessing 

• Like 3

No real turn around for this for DM to train and organise. Maybe one day training on Monday. So not looking good tbh.
Training however isn't needed for commitment and aggression and the willingness to win and carry out the absolute basics required for any football match.
Cheltenham aren't are a team of mega paid world beaters. They just have desire, belief and can do the basics with good effect.
He needs to motivate and organise and get some fire and belief in them and quick. Or we are doomed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

No real turn around for this for DM to train and organise. Maybe one day training on Monday. So not looking good tbh.
Training however isn't needed for commitment and aggression and the willingness to win and carry out the absolute basics required for any football match.
Cheltenham aren't are a team of mega paid world beaters. They just have desire, belief and can do the basics with good effect.
He needs to motivate and organise and get some fire and belief in them and quick. Or we are doomed.

Plenty of time to organise. Tactics and team selection were crap yesterday, if he’s as good as so many rave on here he will see where we were wrong yesterday and rectify it. Whether we are good enough is another matter.

• Like 1

Plenty of time to organise. Tactics and team selection were crap yesterday, if he’s as good as so many rave on here he will see where we were wrong yesterday and rectify it. Whether we are good enough is another matter.
Phil do you think he just went with the norm yesterday just to see where we are at with them? Especially as he'd only had 2 days with them.
I hope this is the case. Mind you the subs weren't great tbh neither were adjusting in game tactics to counter Cheltenham as they grew and grew into the game.
Surely he must of watched Cheltenham on Tuesday to see what they were about and how they set up, play etc. It was pretty much copy and paste from DC yesterday.
So all in all yesterday left me pretty confused, manager wise tbf