onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (H) match thread 6th Feb

Fosse69

Advert

17 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

End of the day mate he is our player and we are going need him to somehow score a few goals fans support will only help can u imagine what he reads on social media

U cant fault his effort last night just a shame the attempted volley made him look stupid 🙈

He actually tried and won headers it’s just a shame he was 35 yards away from goal and also Wilson didn’t attempt to play off the flicks all night. Willo had a terrible game for me. The attempt at the volley sums his time with us up. No confidence at all and nothing will go right for him in a vale shirt. He won’t score a goal for us in the remaining games. 

27 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

End of the day mate he is our player and we are going need him to somehow score a few goals fans support will only help can u imagine what he reads on social media

U cant fault his effort last night just a shame the attempted volley made him look stupid 🙈

I’ve tried mate. I want it to work but it’s  just not going to happen he simply is not a footballer especially league 1 he’s so far out his depth. I get what your saying that he will need support & slagging him off isn’t going to help. I’m just so angry right now it’s not Ryan lofts fault, is it his confidence? I don’t think his lack of confidence is helping because surely nobody can be that bad & playing league 1 football? I fee sorry for him at times as well this is poor recruitment from that fraud yet again. He shouldn’t keep being thrown to the wolves if he’s not good enough. Personally I’d play Chislet & someone else up front. Mighten maybe deserves a start see what he can do but Wilson as well he’s been absolutely awful recently & loft just isn’t working together. 

Last night was so bleak. No disrespect to Leyton Orient who were excellent but I view us as similar sized clubs. They were excellent at passing through the lines and creating opportunities. Even when we have been at our best this season, we haven't managed to get anywhere close to that level of cutting edge.

As for vale I didn't expect anything from tonight. Really sad at how shapeless and poor our football has become. We only ever look threatening when the play gets more ragged and we nick the ball and spring forward. Chislett is good at that but very few options ahead of him getting into the right positions. My big fear is that we take too long to figure out how to score goals. Personally I think we should stack the midfield, become hard to beat, play mighten from the start so we have pace / threat on the break. Lumping it up to loft isn't working.

On the positives thought lopata was very solid. Our back 3 last night was physical and imposing. We do have a sprinkling of players throughout the team with quality.

I'm sure there we're many reasons for Crosby's sacking (some his fault, others not) but we've tried so many approaches this season:

- We started the season playing reactive, exploit the errors football (i.e Charlton and Oxford away) and it worked for us

- We had a terrible 3 months where we thought possession football would work - probably as we had Arblaster and Devine.

- Realised in December that playing more direct into Uche could work for us - It did to an extent although points gained largely due to garrity being excellent.

- With Uche injury in Jan and a new midfield + injuries to key players we have a totally unbalanced squad with no obvious pattern of play / identity. 

Just hope we get a manager in soon that can figure out how to get the best from what we have and help drill us into an effective style of play.

14 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

He actually tried and won headers it’s just a shame he was 35 yards away from goal and also Wilson didn’t attempt to play off the flicks all night. Willo had a terrible game for me. The attempt at the volley sums his time with us up. No confidence at all and nothing will go right for him in a vale shirt. He won’t score a goal for us in the remaining games. 

Correct he won a few headers & it’s down to others then to make a run or read it but like you say they didn’t help him out either. James Wilson has been bloody terrible recently since he signed his new contract actually. Wasn’t too bad in the few games before that after he returned from injury. Coincidence or just works better alongside Uche who can make it stick better & get him closer to play? 

I'll probably get slaughtered fir this but genuinely I would rather have Loft over Wilson. At least Loft has tried recently. He is winning headers but Wilson is so slow to react and he has looked totally uninterested lately. Wilson is not one you would choose to have alongside you in the trenches. He has no battling qualities and is a luxury we can't afford in our present predicament. Even though some players are not technically good enough for Division 1 they at least try. Some don't. Take your pick. Last night and last Saturday Loft put in a shift and won headers, harried opponents. Others in the team hid and shirked any semblance of responsibility. We all have our own opinions.

12 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

I'll probably get slaughtered fir this but genuinely I would rather have Loft over Wilson. At least Loft has tried recently. He is winning headers but Wilson is so slow to react and he has looked totally uninterested lately. Wilson is not one you would choose to have alongside you in the trenches. He has no battling qualities and is a luxury we can't afford in our present predicament. Even though some players are not technically good enough for Division 1 they at least try. Some don't. Take your pick. Last night and last Saturday Loft put in a shift and won headers, harried opponents. Others in the team hid and shirked any semblance of responsibility. We all have our own opinions.

If we can get players in and around loft then I agree, he has put effort in recently as a target man.

However he just doesn't have the composure for a league one striker in my view. An example of this is that break after they rattled the cross bar. Ball with pace to feet on edge of 18 yard box with only one defender near by. Air kick and scuffed shot. As a vale midfielder you would almost dread passing him the ball. Noticed last night too that he just didn't read the pitch well. Kept under hitting passes on a wet pitch.

Agree on all your points with willow recently. He seems to work best in the pocket behind a dominant striker. Maybe it will click with loft but probably won't. In any case even though willow is in poor form, I still think he is more likely to score / assist than loft at the moment.

Orient were class they have a system where everyone runs forwards joyfully .

We were atrocious I didn't go watch Orient I went watch my team Vale .

The scoreline could have sent us down on goal difference alone if it wasn't for CR 

Not getting the love in with loft he was winning headers in areas which ain't going hurt the opposition

I'm.livid no reaction to last 2 performances then last night 

Dark days are here again .

How can we stop these dark days from.continuing  

I'd be surprised if a new  manager can get a tune our of our lot going forwards .

We are in free fall we had more points in Brunos season than this 

The players should be ashamed of themselves 

Loft did well first half, won everything in the air and dominated his centre half... problem was no one ran off the flick on's or linked up with him... Wilson has been terrible for 2-3 games now and Chislett has nose dived form wise.

Booing Loft was bonkers... there were 8 or 9 worse performers last night.

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Loft did well first half, won everything in the air and dominated his centre half... problem was no one ran off the flick on's or linked up with him... Wilson has been terrible for 2-3 games now and Chislett has nose dived form wise.

Booing Loft was bonkers... there were 8 or 9 worse performers last night.

Sadly it's gone past that with Loft and Massey. They are scapegoats whatever happens. 

Must admit I didn’t notice all these headers he won last night. Probably due to being bored to the point of numbness .

The only player I have actively booed was Martin Patterson. Other than that always try and support. If I show my displeasure as I did at Shrewsbury it's as a collective not personal abuse to an individual. 

Talking of Shrewsbury that's over 2 1/2 months ago. Signs were there of a demise, fans bickering amongst themselves ( myself included) and yet here we are having only just acted.

Whilst it was an amazing evening for atmosphere and euphoria I'm beginning to think more and more that the Mansfield result will play a huge part in our expected relegation. 

We outplayed the only unbeaten team in the country on their own patch and were all awaiting that money spinning glamour tie on the TV. A stay of execution for Crosby and as a result we are where we are now. 

Loft could score 3 goals and there will still be those who boo him.  

Last night he tried more than Willo.  However, he needs people around him for his flicks and tap on.  Our players are not doing that.

Morning after..I’m no longer angry and have a different view on our prospects, conditional Fraudcroft leaves a manager to do what is required to stay up.

Honestly feel if we get a manager who can set us up 4231 play on the break and leave Mighten high up the pitch to counter attack I really do think We CAN STAY UP We have to change our approach to make use of his pace.

Striker situation is a farce and isn’t going to change, I don’t  think there is a viable free option available so we have to find another way. A free agent winger and CM with a bit of bite is what I think we need and I think this can be turned around.

The bones of a team are still there given a formation change and game prep which is not chaotic. A positive from last night Kasper. Looks like he could be a key component for survival. Him and the real Smudge would be a good partnership.

Ripley

Deb Pole Smudge Jones

Ojo X

Sang  Chizzy Mighten

Wilo

Just need Fraudcroft to do the right thing.

11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Sadly it's gone past that with Loft and Massey. They are scapegoats whatever happens. 

Must admit I didn’t notice all these headers he won last night. Probably due to being bored to the point of numbness .

The only player I have actively booed was Martin Patterson. Other than that always try and support. If I show my displeasure as I did at Shrewsbury it's as a collective not personal abuse to an individual. 

Talking of Shrewsbury that's over 2 1/2 months ago. Signs were there of a demise, fans bickering amongst themselves ( myself included) and yet here we are having only just acted.

Whilst it was an amazing evening for atmosphere and euphoria I'm beginning to think more and more that the Mansfield result will play a huge part in our expected relegation. 

We outplayed the only unbeaten team in the country on their own patch and were all awaiting that money spinning glamour tie on the TV. A stay of execution for Crosby and as a result we are where we are now. 

The cup run maybe hasn't helped as we could of played the re-arranged games during that period without it which may have resulted in a more positive points total with Ollie, Devine, Garrity etc available.

Problems is we are in this run with an injury hit squad with zero confidence and no leadership.

10 hours ago, Valient1961 said:

Flitcroft pinching a wage off our club 

He probably knew the writing was on the wall too, so then moved to 'full-time', so that when he got sacked - he could get a bigger pay out! 

3 minutes ago, maccapvfc said:

He probably knew the writing was on the wall too, so then moved to 'full-time', so that when he got sacked - he could get a bigger pay out! 

Sounds about right. Probably gave himself a ten year deal 🤣

Archived