onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (H) match thread 6th Feb

Fosse69

Well, I think Orient are a good side and there are enough other teams out there we can beat. There are critical games coming up. Including Reading. I was demoralised by what I saw tonight, but it was mitigated by the fact they were a good side. On the positive the players tried their hardest and despite everything we nearly got a goal near the end. 
There is no point relegating us with 18 games to go. We have games in hand on all the teams above us. 
Go on then .. Name one.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

Advert

2 minutes ago, Warren said:

Well, I think Orient are a good side and there are enough other teams out there we can beat. There are critical games coming up. Including Reading. I was demoralised by what I saw tonight, but it was mitigated by the fact they were a good side. On the positive the players tried their hardest and despite everything we nearly got a goal near the end. 

There is no point relegating us with 18 games to go. We have games in hand on all the teams above us. 

I like your positivety. I'm very worried. I think someone said we have half them games this month.

We won`t get a point until Garrity is back and then it may be too late.  Wilson without Uche is useless, we must have had Man Utd`s two worst players ever playing for us lately, with Gore and him, at least Dipepa managed to get a shot away, Looking forward to seeing which brave soul takes this job on, it needs to be a miracle worker with the squad we have available  at the moment.

Still got to play 5 of the top 7 in our remaining 18 games. Admittedly our relegation rivals will have tough games too.

But we're looking at 6 wins from the other 13 games given our penchant for not turning up against the majority of top clubs.

Derby posh and Bolton away could be horrible experiences. 

59 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Carol Shanahan has got a really important decision here.

I imagine she was sat in the directors box, or at least watching at home, staring out across a 3/4 empty Vale Park. Sub 4,000 fans, sat mute in a funeral atmosphere. An absolutely spineless, insipid, soulless performance, led by a poor bloke who woke up this morning expecting a day of coaching teenagers before being chucked into League 1 football. Fans going to the toilet in portaloos. Hospitality full of uneaten canapes (probably).

That was void of anything. Soul-destroying to watch. Not a crumb of anything positive. A club cascading rapidly towards relegation, an improving Fleetwood and Cheltenham below, Reading only around us by virtue of a points deduction. We are, categorically, the worst team in League 1. 11 wins in 50. No forwards. No leaders. Nowt.

Carol can continue to delegate all decision-making to the architect of this mess. A bloke without any prior experience in the job he's currently in. A bloke who spends more time talking about campuses and zones than he does assembling a competent 3rd tier team. A bloke who pinned everything on the anointment of Andy Crosby despite a lot of fans pointing out is was probably a bad idea.

She can let this bloke persist with this insane, damaging concept that we can play top-tier football on a poor 3rd tier budget, and appoint someone else to play insipid possession football. Let him continue to prioritise shiny new things to cover up the crumbling edifice behind. A lovely scoreboard in front of a condemned stand. 

Or, she can take control of the situation. She is abrogating responsibility at the minute, and it's killing everything she's built. If we go down, her tenure is around as successful as Bratt's, with better morals and intentions. A promotion and relegation from the 4th tier in 5 years isn't even close to successful. If she doesn't have the funds to put this right, then she has to sell up.

I trust Carol, and I know some have lost that. She genuinely means well. She's, again, been far too trusting of someone not up to the job. She's got about a week to save her legacy, here. A good appointment, and a lot of this goes away. A poor appointment, and we're back to square one, just £5m in debt to the Shanahan family and a disenchanted fanbase.

Carol, I know Hancock reads this forum on your behalf. Get a grip, for your own sake, or this has all been for naught. Swindon, Wembley. A complete and utter waste of energy. Put it right. Make some clear decisions. Invest the money. We can't let the past 5 years be thrown away like this. 

Feel a bit sick.

All makes sense to me, but realistically there's a good chance Matt Hancock won't have the time or inclination to comb through pages of stuff. 

Wouldn't it be better addressed to Carol directly either by email or letter? 

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Still got to play 5 of the top 7 in our remaining 18 games. Admittedly our relegation rivals will have tough games too.

But we're looking at 6 wins from the other 13 games given our penchant for not turning up against the majority of top clubs.

Derby posh and Bolton away could be horrible experiences. 

We don’t turn up against the bottom clubs either, either way there ain’t a chance we’re winning 6 in 18

23 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

As bad as it was it wasn’t worse than Fleetwood.  Orient, whilst no world beaters, are a better side in better form.  Fleetwood looked like a pub side.  We also showed a modicum of spirit tonight, something that was completely lacking on Saturday.

Thought Orient looked decent but for me that was no better than Saturday and yet again abject and very depressing performance lacking any kind of fight.  I really did not see much passion and spirit out there if I am being honest, maybe that is me being harsh but if it was not for Ripley that would have been 4, he kept the score down on his own and other than the Polish centre-half, I could not think of any other positives.

Recently got home after the game, first of all, all credit to Orient, good on the ball, plenty of pace in the team and they looked as if they had a plan, Vale on the other hand looked “rudderless” a few bright sparks, the new Polish? defender did well, the return of Funso and Dan Jones, but clearly the loss of Devine, Arblaster and injuries to Garrity, Plant and Uche have ripped the heart out of the team…the next manager has a big job to do….

11 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

I like your positivety. I'm very worried. I think someone said we have half them games this month.

Yes, this month is a big problem. I ain't done an analysis but in my very long time following PV we can't cope well with Saturday - Tuesday. 

So my proposition we should swap Tuesday to Wednesday. There is no police opposition to that these days if it clashes with Stoke City. That said I like Tuesday. 

4 minutes ago, Warren said:

Yes, this month is a big problem. I ain't done an analysis but in my very long time following PV we can't cope well with Saturday - Tuesday. 

So my proposition we should swap Tuesday to Wednesday. There is no police opposition to that these days if it clashes with Stoke City. That said I like Tuesday. 

Yes, that should sort it. Cheers. 

Archived