onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Official: Club Statement | Pitch incursion vs Portsmouth

Advert

Maybe I’m oversimplifying it, and I am in no way suggesting this should be done, but couldn’t he just wear a hat? How can a ban of any length really be enforced? Obviously flag on a season ticket name, but beyond that? Seems quite easy to get round should one wish to, which I do not support obviously.

5 minutes ago, 1 said:

Maybe I’m oversimplifying it, and I am in no way suggesting this should be done, but couldn’t he just wear a hat? How can a ban of any length really be enforced? Obviously flag on a season ticket name, but beyond that? Seems quite easy to get round should one wish to, which I do not support obviously.

I remember years ago when fans got banned they were given conditions from the court to sign on at a police station during the time the game was being played. Seeing as there are no police stations anymore he may be able to circumvent that one. I’m glad he didn’t catch the ref, in mitigation he could argue that he only wanted a chat with him, it was the ref’s choice to run off, thus making it a chase. Whilst I have to acknowledge what he did was very wrong , there is a small part of me that empathises with Superted, I’m trying to fight it I know I’m wrong, does anyone know how I can get hold of a signed photo?

54 minutes ago, 1 said:

When I was banned back in the early 90s I swapped from the Railway to the Lorne Street. The super intendant knew I was there as he told me he’d seen me in there. Guess he didn’t do much as I often saw him supposedly under cover at away games and I never said anything. Keep your nose clean, don’t get in to any trouble and you’d be alright, saying that, there was hundreds off us then, used to get banned for the simplest of things, he may not be so lucky. 

Surely they can only punish him for entering the pitch

No matter what you believe he may have been attempting, none of us know for sure, he could have just wanted to shout in his face

Don't condone it, the guys been an idiot but some of you want him to actually do prison time for entering a football pitch because you have made up your mind that he was going to attack him. No attack was made. A few years back myself and a few others helped stop a motorcyclist from having his bike stolen by a chavvy <ovf censored> wearing a mask with an hammer. We told the police which house he ran into, what he was wearing, described the hammer and mask. They got him and found everything we had described but because he was wearing the mask and we couldn't identify him by face he got away with it. That's a serious situation where jail time makes sense but was avoided. Not a guy running onto a pitch which only ended in a slight delay and an adrenaline rush for the ref.

A few have mentioned "it could have been worse, he could have had a weapon" etc, don't worry about it, deal in the facts. anyone you walk by in the street could have a weapon and nowadays most probably do.

The most shocking thing for me was finding out he was 62 because on the video I thought he looked like a chubby teenager with a babyface 

12 minutes ago, glenpvfc said:

Surely they can only punish him for entering the pitch

No matter what you believe he may have been attempting, none of us know for sure, he could have just wanted to shout in his face

Don't condone it, the guys been an idiot but some of you want him to actually do prison time for entering a football pitch because you have made up your mind that he was going to attack him. No attack was made. A few years back myself and a few others helped stop a motorcyclist from having his bike stolen by a chavvy <ovf censored> wearing a mask with an hammer. We told the police which house he ran into, what he was wearing, described the hammer and mask. They got him and found everything we had described but because he was wearing the mask and we couldn't identify him by face he got away with it. That's a serious situation where jail time makes sense but was avoided. Not a guy running onto a pitch which only ended in a slight delay and an adrenaline rush for the ref.

A few have mentioned "it could have been worse, he could have had a weapon" etc, don't worry about it, deal in the facts. anyone you walk by in the street could have a weapon and nowadays most probably do.

The most shocking thing for me was finding out he was 62 because on the video I thought he looked like a chubby teenager with a babyface 

He moved quicker than some of our players 🙄

1 hour ago, mattyboy said:

a statement as much for the EFL in defence of PVFC to demonstrate it's being taken seriously as it is anything else

I think it's too harsh , imo 

The guy has a moment of madness 

Now he's banned 🚫 indefinitely. Crazy

41 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Really? Can’t recall him running on the pitch before.

Maybe Jean is implying he’s a runner.  He certainly moved very well, way better than that clown of a ref who didn’t look fit, quite heavy legged as he ran off I thought.  On a slight tangent I couldn't help but think at the time that the new pitch helped the guys speed greatly.  In the past if you ran on the pitch in trainers in late January you’d be on your backside so it’s a big thumbs up to all the ground staff from me.

Archived