onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (A) match thread 3rd Feb

Advert

The fact is that we are above the relegation zone and have games in hand on others. So our destiny is in our own hands. However the good news ends there because the question is do we have the tools to complete the job ourselves? Answer is no because basically we have virtually no goals in us unless Garrity is fit any playing. As another post said, totally criminal in not bringing at least two strikers we needed because of Uche's injury and the fitness of Wilson and inabilities of Loft.

So the fact is that we are then relying on other teams below and around us. That is not good.

Last post on the aftermath of the absolute rubbish served up yesterday .

Considering our academy is getting money for players have we got 3 lads who can go straight into back line for Tues. 

Don't care if 14 15 if they are considered be sellable assets then at least let the Vale Park faithful have a watch of them first .

Cannot wait for the Orient match thread .

Who in your opinion has deserved a shirt for Tuesdays match .

It will be a very interesting match thread indeed .

6 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Last post on the aftermath of the absolute rubbish served up yesterday .

Considering our academy is getting money for players have we got 3 lads who can go straight into back line for Tues. 

Don't care if 14 15 if they are considered be sellable assets then at least let the Vale Park faithful have a watch of them first .

Cannot wait for the Orient match thread .

Who in your opinion has deserved a shirt for Tuesdays match .

It will be a very interesting match thread indeed .

It will be a very interesting attendance aswell mate 

Trouble brewing if the protestors are back 

Yesterdays result after no striker coming in is there worse nightmare 

7 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

It’s deeper than the manager, not to defend him, but the striking situation is criminal.  To have statistically virtually zero goal threat from our forwards is gross negligence.  Having seen other teams around us strengthen, whoever is responsible for our recruitment should be sacked on Monday.  We’ve known since the start of the season where we were weak.  Someone’s had months to recruit and failed.

I agree probably around 99% with you but are our strikers basically useless and no goal threat because of the way we play which is down to Crosby.

Could a more experienced manager be able to play the game better, coach them better, set them up better, have more of an attacking intent turn around our strikers to a degree?

I sat and watched that garbage and the anger from the fans was palpable and the club is already on a relegation footing where season ticket numbers will plummet and we will lose television money but the owners won’t act and get rid of this buffoon of a manager but that is why we are a PLC in order that it won’t affect synectics solutions

championship ready is foolhardy but are we league two ready?

Carol has got her OBE for which I have the deepest respect for as well as saving our club but they need to act now; sign Dwight Gale who is a free agent now

7 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

It’s deeper than the manager, not to defend him, but the striking situation is criminal.  To have statistically virtually zero goal threat from our forwards is gross negligence.  Having seen other teams around us strengthen, whoever is responsible for our recruitment should be sacked on Monday.  We’ve known since the start of the season where we were weak.  Someone’s had months to recruit and failed.

I know everyone keeps going on about 'the strikers' but, for me, we've got far worse things to worry about. 

For the strikers to work they need service. That comes from the defence and midfield working together to get the ball in to dangerous positions - I can't remember us doing that at all yesterday.  Loft should not be moving outside of the outer lines of the 18yrd box and balls should be fed in to him attack. Just like Fleetwood did yesterday and we just didn't. 

Without Ojo we looked clueless yesterday and, while Chissie put a shift in, he can't do it all on his own.  But the worst thing was the defence. We looked weak from minute 1. 

The Yak was just a spectator.  And watching Smudger with the ball at his feet with no one to aim for was painful.  There is just no way Smudger should be being asked to do that. He just doesn't have the skills to do it 

The one person I would have loved to have with us yesterday was Tom Pett. 

We clearly miss Blaster, Devine and Garrety; not sure Gore has what it takes yet - Weir looks a good find. 

Sad state were in. 

2 minutes ago, Osh said:

I know everyone keeps going on about 'the strikers' but, for me, we've got far worse things to worry about. 

For the strikers to work they need service. That comes from the defence and midfield working together to get the ball in to dangerous positions - I can't remember us doing that at all yesterday.  Loft should not be moving outside of the outer lines of the 18yrd box and balls should be fed in to him attack. Just like Fleetwood did yesterday and we just didn't. 

Without Ojo we looked clueless yesterday and, while Chissie put a shift in, he can't do it all on his own.  But the worst thing was the defence. We looked weak from minute 1. 

The Yak was just a spectator.  And watching Smudger with the ball at his feet with no one to aim for was painful.  There is just no way Smudger should be being asked to do that. He just doesn't have the skills to do it 

We clearly miss Blaster, Devine and Garrety; not sure Gore has what it takes yet - Weir looks a good find. 

Sad state were in. 

Loved petty! As I said in my previous post we don’t have many leaders at all. Or many that will give 110% for this club 

I agree probably around 99% with you but are our strikers basically useless and no goal threat because of the way we play which is down to Crosby.
Could a more experienced manager be able to play the game better, coach them better, set them up better, have more of an attacking intent turn around our strikers to a degree?
Yes, if he was allowed to have or wished to have the flexibility to change formations and style of play to suit. No if he is hamstrung by having to play a certain way. Because it has been decided up above, that has to be the Port Vale way.
If Crosby is sticking with playing the way we are because it is the way he wants. Then he should go. If it is down to Flitcroft then he should go. If it is down to both, both should go.
This 3 at the back and playing it tippy, tappy in our own half, has not been working for months.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

Can I add one more thing. 

There's lots on here that are FIFA Manager/Experts. I'm not. 

Everyone seems to be blaming AC; I don't I think (the word there is think) it comes more down to DF who recruits the players and so I think AC has been sh@t on.  From a great height. 

No idea what we do from here.  So not me being a clever bleeder like I know stuff. Cause I don't. 

One thing I'd love to hear from the club: this is what happened in Deadline Day - we did X but it didn't work. We're talking to three free agents and we will bring more players in - or, that's it we've got what we've got. 

Give us a clue what's next Vale. Silence just isn't acceptable.

I'll shut up now. 

Have a great Sunday Valiants 

4 minutes ago, Osh said:

Sad state were in. 

I’m completely with you on the defence Osh. We haven’t been a team that can score goals regularly but you can still win games through the basics in defence. Nathan Smith especially when we are trying to be a possession based team is badly exposed wherever in that back line he is. Yak has been terrible since coming back from injury, good run by Lawal for them on the second goal but Yak pretty much played the role of matador waving him through.

We lack a leader on the pitch, now Funso is back make him the captain and Ripley vice. Smith is someone who plays alongside a leader as he did with Leon not be the leader himself.

Might be a bit controversial and I’m probably opening myself to get pelters here as he has been a punching bag but I don’t put much on Loft yesterday. His control isn’t good but at least he was trying to make a nuisance of himself, that’s worth something to me. There was just little to work with for him.

4 minutes ago, worldsendvalefan said:

Yes, if he was allowed to have or wished to have the flexibility to change formations and style of play to suit. No if he is hamstrung by having to play a certain way. Because it has been decided up above, that has to be the Port Vale way.
If Crosby is sticking with playing the way we are because it is the way he wants. Then he should go. If it is down to Flitcroft then he should go. If it is down to both, both should go.
This 3 at the back and playing it tippy, tappy in our own half, has not been working for months.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

If  the system is purely down to Flickers then Crosby should go for being a yes man.

I do not want a nodding dog being the manager of my football team.

1 minute ago, Osh said:

Can I add one more thing. 

There's lots on here that are FIFA Manager/Experts. I'm not. 

Everyone seems to be kaming AC; I don't I think (the word there is think) it comes more down to DF who recruits the players and so I think AC has been sh@t on.  From a great height. 

No idea what we do from here.  So not me being a clever bleeder like I know stuff. Cause I don't. 

One thing I'd love to hear from the club: this is what happened in Deadline Day - we did X but it didn't work. We're talking to three free agents and we will bring more players in - or, that's it we've got what we've got. 

Give us a clue what's next Vale. Silence just isn't acceptable.

I'll shut up now. 

Have a great Sunday Valiants 

Carol has to take the most flack for me as she’s the one who hired Floor cloth who seems incapable of his role. Then he is next in line & the biggest of our problems! Absolute poison! Croz comes in last for me as he can only only do so much with some of the tripe that’s been brought in. Take nothing away from his poor managerial skills tho. A more experienced manager would no doubt get more out of this group than he’s shown he can. He’s clueless but the two above him hired him 

2 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

I’m completely with you on the defence Osh. We haven’t been a team that can score goals regularly but you can still win games through the basics in defence. Nathan Smith especially when we are trying to be a possession based team is badly exposed wherever in that back line he is. Yak has been terrible since coming back from injury, good run by Lawal for them on the second goal but Yak pretty much played the role of matador waving him through.

We lack a leader on the pitch, now Funso is back make him the captain and Ripley vice. Smith is someone who plays alongside a leader as he did with Leon not be the leader himself.

Might be a bit controversial and I’m probably opening myself to get pelters here as he has been a punching bag but I don’t put much on Loft yesterday. His control isn’t good but at least he was trying to make a nuisance of himself, that’s worth something to me. There was just little to work with for him.

I agree with you especially about Loft 

Archived