onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fan forum 25th Jan

robf

Advert

4 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Not sure how complicated that would be but that fund is going no where and funds seem to be stuck in some time capsule.

I'm sure the supporters club could convince most of the fund givers to swap it over to help finish building a statue for a true legend of the club.

Whats real & more durable right now, getting a statue built or getting a seat put in stand no one is going to use?

Part of the supporters club selling speal could be that the next project they will concentrate on is the Lorne Street fund.

Its such a shame that £15k is going to be sitting around doing nothing when thats all we need to get that statue built.

Rudgie won’t live forever. He deserves to see that statue. There would certainly be no Lorne Street to complete without him. I’d be gutted if he passed on and never had the chance to enjoy it. 

2 hours ago, dishydave said:

We should transfer it the other way and get the stand finished first and then a statue.

Sent from my SM-A520F using onevalefan mobile app

Not for me.  The statue fund superseded the fund for the LS stand, which has subsequently stood still, perhaps telling you which fund is the priority of your average fan.  Most realise that JR ain’t getting any younger so time is of the essence on that project.  The completion of the stand can wait a little longer.  We don’t actually need the extra capacity but it would provide the dedicated family area that the club have plans for.

8 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

The market isn’t too expensive. We are in a competitive environment. It is dictated by other clubs, I.e our rivals. You either pay to compete, or you don’t. I don’t think Flitcroft or Crosby have these elite skills to defy the markets. That’s what their fans on here think we can achieve. 

Will Goodwin is exactly, at 21, the sort of player who will go on to be a huge asset from what I have seen. He is the sort of player we should be investing in and will go on to be sold for much more. That’s my idea of developing youth, not going through a cycle of loans from the Prem which are never our players. I did actually think the lads who played at the Blackpool game were brilliant and there is some real hope there, but they won’t keep us in the league. 

An owner has to pump in millions to keep a club afloat. That’s a minimum expectation of a league football club. May as well run it ourselves if being skint and not spending money is acceptable. The aim is, you put money in, in the hope that decent player sales can generate a profit or the club gets into the top two divisions where profit can be made if investment is frugal. 

Then there is the scoreboard. I am staggered to find it was a loan against the club. I thought it had been donated to the club! So will this Vale Park campus be loaned against the club too? Or is there money for that?  

There was another person who liked to loan money against the club rather than putting his own in…

Didn't you recently have a pop at Reading fans because they were whinging that their owner had stopped putting money in - because there's no guarantee that spending money succeeds? - then advocate that we go exactly the same way? You're a strange fellow - and don't pretend that loads of Vale fans agree with you - I doubt whether it's more than a handful?

"...An owner has to pump in millions to keep a club afloat. That’s a minimum expectation of a league football club. May as well run it ourselves if being skint and not spending money is acceptable..." That is a crock of crap!!! That's exactly what we DON'T want or need! That's the way of Reading...of Bury...of any of the teams you can think of that have done that kind of reckless spending then crashed and burned. 

I read some comments regarding the new scoreboard earlier in this topic but not sure anyone mentioned that the old one was knackered beyond repair, and blocked the view in at the rear of the Hamil to boot, so had to be replaced.  The interest free loan wasn’t because we were “skint” it was simply additional funds which allowed us to spend the cash we’d reserved for the scoreboard elsewhere.

8 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

...Those who fail to realise the importance of investing in infrastructure and long term planning, sadly do not understand modern football. 

That's it, exactly! Nor the real world, apparently? 

6 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Is taking out a loan against the club for a scoreboard a sustainable model and the actions of a “true fan”? 

Is the funding of a “Campus” highly likely to be through another loan if we are taking them out for scoreboards? Is that sustainable? I love the idea, I love the club thinking big, but it is all a waste if the club isn’t going to be spending money on players. Our players. Not a couple of flash sounding lads from a Prem academy who will take the heat off Flitcroft for a week or two before fans rightfully ask why we a short. 

The last fool thought  it was a good idea to spend money into feasibility studies into things like pubs. 

When will we get someone who values spending money at a football club on the biggest asset a club could ever have. Footballers. 

I’d pee in a bucket and check the scores on my phone if it meant a better squad. 

As for the campus, get some old building in Burslem (take your pick hundreds of the things) stick the gym gear in there and get the stand finished. 

I dont think I'm alone in thinking that a significant % of investments into footballers generally result in a loss.  Clearly those with better knowledge than you and I  believe the best investment is in an academy that has the ability to spot raw talent the encourages and enhances that talent both in the training ground & through a club ethos. This talent is currently being encouraged further by an influx of England U21 loanees which are no doubt providing additional inspiration to our academy aspirants on the training ground. This system clearly represents a more dependable business model and return on investment. 

6 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

You should go the pub tonight it’s Friday night that generally means it’s a happy night a pint with your mates after the weeks work is in the bank 

Dont worry if u got no mates I’m sure someone will talk to u

Not for long, though!

9 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Didn't you recently have a pop at Reading fans because they were whinging that their owner had stopped putting money in - because there's no guarantee that spending money succeeds? - then advocate that we go exactly the same way? You're a strange fellow - and don't pretend that loads of Vale fans agree with you - I doubt whether it's more than a handful?

"...An owner has to pump in millions to keep a club afloat. That’s a minimum expectation of a league football club. May as well run it ourselves if being skint and not spending money is acceptable..." That is a crock of crap!!! That's exactly what we DON'T want or need! That's the way of Reading...of Bury...of any of the teams you can think of that have done that kind of reckless spending then crashed and burned. 

That wasn’t my argument. My argument was that Daii Yoonge put over £200m into Reading, being fined for breaching financial fair play rules at one point. He has now chosen not to fund the club, which is very sad but if someone put £200m into Vale and they pulled the plug, would we be so enraged? 

Reading are an exact example of one argument. When Yoonge spent money they were a Championship club pushing for the Prem. No money? Falling out of the football league. Funnily enough money does make a difference. 

Reading are not skint because the owner put too much money in. Reading are skint because the owner pulled the plug. They will go to the wall because the owner no longer wants to put in money. That’s the same if it was £200m or £1m. No money, no club. 

My criticism of Reading fans was that they stopped a football match without any consideration for Vale fans which resulted in huge personal cost to fans and to our club. Nothing will happen to Yoonge. He will be quite alright. 

I don’t think we have ever been in danger of overspending. 

However using loans to buy a scoreboard, trying to keep a side competitive with Prem loans and struggling all season long to get in decent strikers, while the one guy who comes good for a month is allowed to go out and be sold (thank god he was not), suggests stark underinvestment for a league 1 club that can pull gates of 8-10k. 

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

However using loans to buy a scoreboard, trying to keep a side competitive with Prem loans and struggling all season long to get in decent strikers, while the one guy who comes good for a month is allowed to go out and be sold (thank god he was not), suggests stark underinvestment for a league 1 club that can pull gates of 8-10k. 

I assume Charlton met Uche`s release clause so little Vale could do.

18 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Not sure how complicated that would be but that fund is going no where and funds seem to be stuck in some time capsule.

I'm sure the supporters club could convince most of the fund givers to swap it over to help finish building a statue for a true legend of the club.

Whats real & more durable right now, getting a statue built or getting a seat put in stand no one is going to use?

Part of the supporters club selling speal could be that the next project they will concentrate on is the Lorne Street fund.

Its such a shame that £15k is going to be sitting around doing nothing when thats all we need to get that statue built.

The seats are already fitted😯 The stand is earmarked to become the new family stand so would be used and will be a good stand to bring in the young Valiants of the future.

The Rudgie fund is almost up to target so won't need the Lorne St money. I have contributed to both funds and for me they should remain separate. Once the statue money is sorted then for me the supporters club should be pushing for the Lorne St fund to be put back on the agenda.

Archived