onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

Advert

14 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I think it might take us getting relegated before carol reads the.room  and pulls the trigger squire . 

Perhaps not even then. I wouldn't be surprised if Crosby is given time to get us back up again. We're stuck with him I'm afraid but what that will do to attendances goodness only knows. 

10 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Finally you have seen the light 👍

Finally? Where have you been all season haha i've been crosby out for the majority of it. Didn't want the guy in the first place mate, then i tried to get behind him about a month or so ago but i can't anymore. 

15 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Gore was <ovf censored>

he was im hoping it's just nerves it was a big day & game for the lad. As someone else has said & i agree i was very disappointed with Devine for the first few weeks & he showed his class eventually. Was at his best when he got recalled unfortunately 

An embarrassing performance from the players, capped by an embarrassing moment for the club with the fan running on.

Any normal club and we'd have had a new manager in Oct. Meanwhile our DoF is "happy with our league position" and "not thinking about relegation". At least Nero played the fiddle while it burnt down around him.

3 minutes ago, Vtid said:

he was im hoping it's just nerves it was a big day & game for the lad. As someone else has said & i agree i was very disappointed with Devine for the first few weeks & he showed his class eventually. Was at his best when he got recalled unfortunately 

Agree with what you say. However in our precarious position he needs to get up to speed quickly. Too many loose misplaced passes for me.

Free hit today for him. Now for a 19 year old has to grow up quickly. 

Be a war of attrition next week against Fat Charlie's lot he has to get up to speed. 

So 18 months since promotion and we have not beaten a single big club at home. Fed up of watching top away followings going away happy..

Pompey x 2

Derby x 2

Bolton x 2

Ipswich and Plymouth. Why can't we turn up against the bigger teams?

6 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

So 18 months since promotion and we have not beaten a single big club at home. Fed up of watching top away followings going away happy..

Pompey x 2

Derby x 2

Bolton x 2

Mentality. Crosby continuously sends them out just to be hard to beat instead of actually wanting and thinking we can win games. Portsmouth were there for the taking today and we barely laid a glove on them over 90 minutes. It says everything at the moment when we're all gutted that Uche has to come off when he can't hit a Cows arse with a banjo himself. Not good enough, the manager, staff, players...

13 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Agree with what you say. However in our precarious position he needs to get up to speed quickly. Too many loose misplaced passes for me.

Free hit today for him. Now for a 19 year old has to grow up quickly. 

Be a war of attrition next week against Fat Charlie's lot he has to get up to speed. 

he does & i believe he will. A lot of pressure on his young shoulders today with all the hype of his loan move. Suppose he's gotta get use to that tho if he's to make it in his career 👍🏻 

21 minutes ago, andy jones said:

We were lucky to only lose 1-0.

Numerous times. Particularly second half, we made errors that you wouldn't see at any other league 1 club. Fortunately our keeper, combined with wasteful finishing from Pompey, kept us in it.

Quite simply our players are getting so many instructions to keep changing the formation during games that none of them are sure what they are supposed to be doing, and where they are supposed to be playing.

Our whole club structure on the pitch is being geared to accommodating these loan kids and it could well get us relegated.

Our League 1 players are being asked to have the skill and awareness of Man City players, whilst covering the backsides of youngsters with no league experience.

I honestly believe we have good league 1 players who, if only they were given a simple formation to play to, and to stick with, would be comfortably mid table. 

In my opinion probably the closest post to the way I see it.

Really gets my goat this 'huddle' in the middle before a game starts - if the players aren't fired up when they cross that white line I  can't for the life of me get what a 10 second chat before kick-off can do for them.

Similarly, just how many times do our players need to rush over to the bench for further instruction, it's bloody football for Heavens sake, it's quite simple - kick the pig's bladder into their net more often than they kick it into ours. I've never know a team need so much touchline coaching during a game than ours just lately.

To not lay a glove on ANY team at home is simply not acceptable, whether that be Middlesbrough, Sutton or Fleetwood we are at HOME and should at least bloody shoot.

I'm not going to comment on the Ref, the pitch invader, the crowd, Crosby, Flitcroft, Robbie or Carol, suffice to say that at the end of the day, the report the ref sends to the EFL will state Port Vale 0 - Portsmouth 1 and it's bleeding obvious to everyone in the stands just why.  

8 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Pompey x 2

Derby x 2

Bolton x 2

because our players arent good enough and we dont have a decent manager.

Archived