onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby In

andy jones

Advert

As someone who, like many on here, is finding the 'Vale Way' of messing around with it at the back with tippy tappy football hard work to watch, it may seem strange I am calling Crosby in.
The reason I am is ...
Carol has stated the club must become self-supporting financially.
So our whole playing structure from Academy to first team is being taught to play to the playing style befitting the modern day Championship and higher.
It is also proving to be a very successful conduit with probably the best set of Academy lads breaking through to the first team since the Stan Mathew's years. 
Crosby is seen by the club as an excellent coach who is unafraid of putting youngsters into the first team.
We are one win off being mid-table which would be in most fans eyes ... progress. Particularly with the number of youngsters coming through from the Academy.
As the club say ... we are not the finished article. But I think we have started along the road of becoming a successful club that not only finances itself but whose league position improves year on year.
That's why I think Carol will stand firm and not be moved by current results at Vale Park. 
I think your points are extremely valid. One issue I have is that when we play fast tempo we score. When we upped the pace in the first 15 mins of the 2nd half we scored albeit disallowed. Barnsley sat back. But then when we play slow ponderous pass it around the back etc we get turned over. We need to come out of the blocks fast and keep it going. The youth development is positive. Midtable is ok for me. playing into the opposition as per first half is not ok. I want him to succeed but I support the badge not the person.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It might be a risk to get rid of him if we're just going to get a Noddy coach in to stick to the clubs new DNA and be a nodding dog yes man. Andrew has us nicely placed in the league currently if nothing else, and I don't think we're ever likely get a character like King Dazzler in again, not at the new Port Vale FC.

I think that the club feel that they've let Andrew down with poor recruitment in key areas and dealt him a bit of a dud. I think they'll try and get through this season, attempt to deliver him a better hand in the summer, and let him have a go with half a chance of succeeding.

On on.

• Like 8

I’m not sold on Crosby but neither do I want him out right now. Nice guy, and I have some sympathy for him following DC who was widely loved by the fanbase.  He still falls in the “unproven” category for me.  After a decent start and a long barren run we’re ticking along without setting the world on fire, hamstrung by recruitment, and latterly by injuries.  Crosby appears to be frustratingly inflexible at times plus after a first half like today I also question his motivational ability but maybe the second half proves he can actually motivate the players.  He’s blooded some of our homegrown talent and I think that’s a big plus.  I’d give him the window the see how the team are doing come the end of Feb.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, lydiatevaliant said:

9 points from the last 42 available.

10 goals scored in those last 14 league matches, 23 conceded.

This only ends one way if Carol doesn't sack him. 

As long as our league position doesn't come under threat I think she will concentrate on the main project and we will have to rough it until we get better senior players to help on bringing the youngsters through.

I think Chickensteve is bang on.

• Like 2

To me the only real justification for keeping him is the way he promotes younger talent. I will defend him to the hilt on that and I’m of the opinion that is what has saved him from being dismissed. 

With that said I’m of the opinion tactically in terms of preparation and in game he is desperately found wanting and is pretty much a one trick pony. It also shows no sign of improving or lessons being learned, the same failings occur week after week. I don’t think he’ll go anywhere any time soon and I’m fully expecting to turn up at VP on Friday and he’ll go with the same starting eleven again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, andy jones said:

As long as our league position doesn't come under threat I think she will concentrate on the main project and we will have to rough it until we get better senior players to help on bringing the youngsters through.

I think Chickensteve is bang on.

More quality Flitcroft additions like Loft you mean?

Fail to beat Blackpool and lose to Carlisle and how won't our league position be under threat? We've indisputably been in relegation form for the past three and a half months. Now isn't the time for sticking our heads in the sand and hoping for the best. 

Edited by lydiatevaliant
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, andy jones said:

As someone who, like many on here, is finding the 'Vale Way' of messing around with it at the back with tippy tappy football hard work to watch, it may seem strange I am calling Crosby in.

The reason I am is ...

Carol has stated the club must become self-supporting financially.

So our whole playing structure from Academy to first team is being taught to play to the playing style befitting the modern day Championship and higher.

It is also proving to be a very successful conduit with probably the best set of Academy lads breaking through to the first team since the Stan Mathew's years. 

Crosby is seen by the club as an excellent coach who is unafraid of putting youngsters into the first team.

We are one win off being mid-table which would be in most fans eyes ... progress. Particularly with the number of youngsters coming through from the Academy.

As the club say ... we are not the finished article. But I think we have started along the road of becoming a successful club that not only finances itself but whose league position improves year on year.

That's why I think Carol will stand firm and not be moved by current results at Vale Park. 

Valid points -:

The academy lads in and around. the squad is a club strategy and Crosby has been told he needs to have them as part of the 1st team squad to save money. I have no problem with that. A change in manager should not change this and neither should the fundamental style of football.

The lads are in because a mixture of injuries and strategy above..

Again I think Crosby had to agree to the club strategy to play youngsters and be part of the 1st team squad.

Mid table finish is progress. 

I do think Carol will limp along with Crosby until the summer unless we get perilously close to relegation. I personally hope this is not the case because its going to be a long 4 months.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

To me the only real justification for keeping him is the way he promotes younger talent. I will defend him to the hilt on that and I’m of the opinion that is what has saved him from being dismissed. 

With that said I’m of the opinion tactically in terms of preparation and in game he is desperately found wanting and is pretty much a one trick pony. It also shows no sign of improving or lessons being learned, the same failings occur week after week. I don’t think he’ll go anywhere any time soon and I’m fully expecting to turn up at VP on Friday and he’ll go with the same starting eleven again.

If we start with today's XI we finished with we should get a performance worth watching, it was an exciting second half. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, smithie said:

If we start with today's XI we finished with we should get a performance worth watching, it was an exciting second half. 

You're not going to start a match against Barnsley with Shorrock and Lomax even in hindsight.

• Like 3

Would luv see us start with today's finishing 11 - they deserve it.
Don't get me wrong I thought the two young lads were brilliant when they came on, but we've see what starting games too quickly can do to a player with Walters. Since his league debut he's gone from world beater to miles off it.

Slow and steady is the call of the day for Rhys, Jack, Ben, Bailey etc. None are ready to start, they need drip feeding in. It's not their fault the lads brought in who are supposed to be starting are cr@p.
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Don't get me wrong I thought the two young lads were brilliant when they came on, but we've see what starting games too quickly can do to a player with Walters. Since his league debut he's gone from world beater to miles off it.

Slow and steady is the call of the day for Rhys, Jack, Ben, Bailey etc. None are ready to start, they need drip feeding in. It's not their fault the lads brought in who are supposed to be starting are cr@p.

Yeah your probably right - sorry, all the excitement of the second half has made me all wobbly 🙈🙈🙈🤣🤣🤣