onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

59 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

People saying that we can not afford to sack him, well, we can, put him on gardening leave

What? And bore the poor plants and flowers to death by digging them up, replanting them into different, incorrect positions and then starve them of any food/ water so they are there to just fill holes?  That all sounds familiar doesn't it?

Advert

11 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

I don't think they're looking to make any money from it at all. What I do think is that Carol likes the prestige of being a football club owner, hob nobbing with other football owners and various celebrities and of course the OBE. Then there's the charity work and the legacy. And she's also a regular on the BBC.

I think she may have had offers of investment, but once the ownership is taken off her, there goes all the prestige, fame and glamour that she's become accustomed to. Once you have a taste for that sort of influence it's very difficult to give it up.

She isn't as bad, but as Bede as said this is worryingly similar to Bill Bratt.

Local, popular fan comes in and 'saves the club', and is initially popular before money dries up - they then reject legitimate offers of investment as they've become too attached to the lifestyle.

1 hour ago, Raveninblack said:

I 100% agree we won’t stay in this league with him in charge and just waiting for his contract to run out at the end of the season championship ready is silly but we aren’t leave two ready so Stockport and Wrexham and Crewe hear we come

They will all probs be going up 

7 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

She isn't as bad, but as Bede as said this is worryingly similar to Bill Bratt.

Local, popular fan comes in and 'saves the club', and is initially popular before money dries up - they then reject legitimate offers of investment as they've become too attached to the lifestyle.

Big difference Joe bratt was not a vale fan he just made out he was 

If Bebe has said that I’m shocked 

Can u let us know the investment she has turned away?

1 minute ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Big difference Joe bratt was not a vale fan he just made out he was 

If Bebe has said that I’m shocked 

Can u let us know if the investment she has turned away?

No I haven't.  I merely agreed with somebody elses parallels with Bratt.  I am actually quashing rumours of refused investment as we have zero evidence of such.  Unconfirmed conjecture does nobody any favours.

Just now, Bede said:

No I haven't.  I merely agreed with somebody elses parallels with Bratt.  I am actually quashing rumours of refused investment as we have zero evidence of such.  Unconfirmed conjecture does nobody any favours.

👍 

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

He will still be in charge this time next year.

Funnily enough we drew at Fleetwood in a midtable league 2 clash in front of 3200 fans. (890 Vale)

I have just parked up my time machine.

A draw you say? Well that’s rather better than yesterday! 

Something that's really stuck with me last night was when someone on the forum mentioned Crosby's quote of being "bigger, stronger, more athletic" back in May.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/recruitment-ambitions-plans--every-8435986

I thought we were going to recruit a load of Sodje/Griff type players and be physically imposing and look to run through other teams. I'd have loved this!

But looking back at our signings since then, I don't think we've done this at all:

Conor Grant - No
Alex Iacovitti - Maybe?
Tom Sang - No
Mitch Clark - No
Ethan Chislett - No
Jason Lowe - No
Ryan Loft - No
Jesse Debrah - Yes
Uche Ikpeazu - Yes

Kofi Balmer - No
Ollie Arblaster - No
Josh Thomas - No
Alfie Devine - No
Jensen Weir - No
Rhys Williams - Maybe
Dan Gore - No
Kacper Łopata - Yes
Alex Mighten - No

So out of the 18 players, at a push, I'd say 5 could be described as that.

Have we just gone against what Crosby actually wanted?

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Something that's really stuck with me last night was when someone on the forum mentioned Crosby's quote of being "bigger, stronger, more athletic" back in May.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/recruitment-ambitions-plans--every-8435986

I thought we were going to recruit a load of Sodje/Griff type players and be physically imposing and look to run through other teams. I'd have loved this!

But looking back at our signings since then, I don't think we've done this at all:

Conor Grant - No
Alex Iacovitti - Maybe?
Tom Sang - No
Mitch Clark - No
Ethan Chislett - No
Jason Lowe - No
Ryan Loft - No
Jesse Debrah - Yes
Uche Ikpeazu - Yes

Kofi Balmer - No
Ollie Arblaster - No
Josh Thomas - No
Alfie Devine - No
Jensen Weir - No
Rhys Williams - Maybe
Dan Gore - No
Kacper Łopata - Yes
Alex Mighten - No

I've thought this too.

They banged on about physicality all summer, and we looked quite physical for 20 minutes against Barnsley before things fell apart.

We then seemed to stumble across Blaster and Ojo working well together, and decided to completely pivot to a possession-based, slow, and patient style reliant on quite slight midfielders. Wilson, perhaps the least physical forward of all time, was the focal point.

There wasn't a strategy, and if there was one it was abandoned within half an hour of the season starting.

2 hours ago, Phil500 said:

Not sure how much of this is AC,s fault. Safe to say he would sooner be working with the opposition’s number five than our lot. The question is why is he playing for Fleetwood and not Port Vale. Answers on a postcard please.

Their number 5 was brilliant for them in the 2nd half.

He's on loan from Celtic was signed by Scott Brown for Fleetwood.

I think we can give Fleetwood that one 

12 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Conor Grant - No
Alex Iacovitti - Maybe?
Tom Sang - No
Mitch Clark - No
Ethan Chislett - No
Jason Lowe - No
Ryan Loft - No
Jesse Debrah - Yes
Uche Ikpeazu - Yes

Kofi Balmer - No
Ollie Arblaster - No
Josh Thomas - No
Alfie Devine - No
Jensen Weir - No
Rhys Williams - Maybe
Dan Gore - No
Kacper Łopata - Yes
Alex Mighten - No

The only good thing about League 2 standard Iacovitti is his song.

I can not remember who said what to whom but around August / September time, someone did an interview (i'm pretty sure it was Flickers) who stated that they could not get any of their targets to sign for the club. So, they had to re-think on how they wanted the make up of the squad to look. Hence why we are crap and why those words from Crosby have come back to haunt him

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

But looking back at our signings since then, I don't think we've done this.

This has frustrated me as well, my boys reckon I'm a dinosaur because I prefer the "Up and at em style, they say I need to embrace the modern game, so when Crosby said he was looking for bigger stronger and more athletic I was looking forward to the new season, did we have to change tactics weeks before the season started because once again our recruitment team missed out on our targets and this was the reason behind the stuffing at Barnsley ?

4 minutes ago, blackdog said:

This has frustrated me as well, my boys reckon I'm a dinosaur because I prefer the "Up and at em style, they say I need to embrace the modern game, so when Crosby said he was looking for bigger stronger and more athletic I was looking forward to the new season, did we have to change tactics weeks before the season started because once again our recruitment team missed out on our targets and this was the reason behind the stuffing at Barnsley ?

yes

6 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Their number 5 was brilliant for them in the 2nd half.

He's on loan from Celtic was signed by Scott Brown for Fleetwood.

I think we can give Fleetwood that one 

Agreed he ran the show. Some of our fans clapped him when he won MOTM.

Archived