onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

My sister used to work with Jimmy Savile at Stoke Mandeville.  Said he was a wrong un back then 30 years ago.

Anyway, just came here to lodge my utter dismay at the comments concerning Bratt having integrity.  I was on the original 'Sub-Board' of V2001, then spent many years on VaST, the Supporters' Club and the Port Vale Volunteers' Group, so I'll stake my claim and gold star over Felstead of one of the fans that had most to do with Bratt and co back in the day.  So, believe me when I say I'm more than qualified to categorically state that the bloke is an outright liar, conman and overall scumbag of the highest order.  He is the reason why I started the Black & Gold group, having seen first hand what a bunch of corrupt conmen had hold of our club.  I'm astounded that still to this day some people still think 'mar mate Bill' was owrate because he gave them a couple of minutes of his time.

Anyway, as you were.

Advert

Shame Warnock no longer available to shake a few things up. 50 points needed to guarantee safety. Time for a bit of lateral thinking? As a teenager I was both a Vale and Stoke fan.(just Vale for the last 50 years). I remember Stoke being short of a centre forward for a few games and Tony Waddington stuck Denis Smith up front. Smithy scared the living daylights out of the opposition. We have a Smith who could do the same. He may not score, but he does know how to deal with attackers and could practise his skills at the other end, and would cause problems that others in the side could take advantage of. Crosby and co need to think of something different to get us to 50. I don't want to visit Newport, Grimsby or even Scarborough again in the near future (sorry, I lived in Scarborough when Warnock was there and they have a team on the up again).

1 hour ago, Bede said:

My sister used to work with Jimmy Savile at Stoke Mandeville.  Said he was a wrong un back then 30 years ago.

Anyway, just came here to lodge my utter dismay at the comments concerning Bratt having integrity.  I was on the original 'Sub-Board' of V2001, then spent many years on VaST, the Supporters' Club and the Port Vale Volunteers' Group, so I'll stake my claim and gold star over Felstead of one of the fans that had most to do with Bratt and co back in the day.  So, believe me when I say I'm more than qualified to categorically state that the bloke is an outright liar, conman and overall scumbag of the highest order.  He is the reason why I started the Black & Gold group, having seen first hand what a bunch of corrupt conmen had hold of our club.  I'm astounded that still to this day some people still think 'mar mate Bill' was owrate because he gave them a couple of minutes of his time.

Anyway, as you were.

I'd also like to caveat that with the point that not all V2001 members were like that.  Geoff Wakefield, Paul Humphreys, Dave Smith and Mike Thompstone were all good people with their integrity maintained.  One of which is a regular member of this forum, although I will not publicly out him.  Charles Machin was a contraversial character but the jury was always out on which way he swung.  I believe he was owrate.  I'm also led to believe that Mike Lloyd since harbours regrets and is looking to make amends and feels he owes a lot back to Vale fans.  Not sure how I feel about that though.  If Bratt said the same, I'd still want to hit him with a cricket bat.  He literally, knowingly robbed pensioners of their life savings.

46 minutes ago, Bede said:

Anyway, as you were.

Top comment and much appreciated mate.

In my last post I started to list the reasons why BB & V2001 should never be allowed anywhere near PVFC ever again.

The list I wrote was so big and my blood pressure (even after all these years) getting so high with out and out frustration that I had to delete it. 

Any Vale fans who can come out with anything, absolutely fuckin anything, complimentary about those lying bustards is an absolute kick in the teeth to all of us who fought and fought and fought to rid the club of them.

We, both SC and B&G, didn't agree with every decision and action we took but we all respected each other and that's why we won it - we looked to our opponents, BB and V2001, rock solid we fought for each other and won.

I just wish the current team would show that fight and commitment and support for each other that we did.

UTV

4 hours ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Getting back to the thread and as much as January has turned me on Flitcroft I don't see him going now or perhaps it achieving a great deal until the summer, when there's more time for a 'root to branch' review(I remember someone saying that before?🙄) of what's gone wrong with 'the process' amongst other things? 

Whether we see Crosby as simply plain crap and out of his depth or the fall guy for others above him(probably a bit of both in reality) it's clear, at least to me he's incapable of motivating the side to beat or even do the basics against some of the worst teams in this division, Shrewsbury, Carlisle, Fleetwood were all in god awful form when we played them and we've surrendered the points on each occasion.

That should ring alarm bells even with the most passive of fans and maybe we need someone in the Warnock mould(i know we won't get him and he's gone to Aberdeen anyway) but someone just to give the players that kick up the arse even it's just for 3 months to make sure we stay up!? Then re-assess it in the summer.

I said this a while ago but I'd like see Pete wild installed as manager at the Vale 

Worked on a shoe string budget and got barrow competing for promotion that doesn't happen by chance it's due to good signings , tactical nous being able to change things when a games not going your way and getting your players singing from the same hymn sheet 

4 hours ago, Powerline said:

Why’s he not been sacked yet

That's the million dollar question , mate 

Only the people at the top can answer that 

I'm with you Im baffled they have not 

Pulled the trigger yet , 

Are they trying to save money  etc

Makes no sense cos they will lose in the long run # Fans will just stop attending 

Or Is Carol maybe a bit too cosy & pally

With Crosby & Flitcroft ,

Whatever it is , We are getting restless .

11 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

No one at the club, involved in the football side, seem to be under any pressure: players, AC, DF etc. Certainly that's how it seems from the outside looking in.

We (the club) just seem just carry on regardless, burying our heads in the sand.

Can’t tell, who’d have said Clarke will have been sacked when he was….there was no internal communication to foresee that.

I think he may well go after we lose tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I said this a while ago but I'd like see Pete wild installed as manager at the Vale 

Worked on a shoe string budget and got barrow competing for promotion that doesn't happen by chance it's due to good signings , tactical nous being able to change things when a games not going your way and getting your players singing from the same hymn sheet 

He's already got a managers job.

2 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Can’t tell, who’d have said Clarke will have been sacked when he was….there was no internal communication to foresee that.

I think he may well go after we lose tomorrow.

I just can't see him going, regardless how bad it gets. There's been lots of opportunity to get rid of AC and we haven't.

Everyone's going through the motions. No effort!

Archived