onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

10 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

so why then throw around comments like " championship ready" or even " league one steady" which tbh we are neither. without serious investment on the pitch and less on everything else we are going DOWN.

And here in a nutshell is why you don't hear much from Carol these days - because she probably doesn't want the tiresome repetition of something she had the audacity to say (and in doing so  showing a bit of ambition) being used to beat her with 2 years later.   

I'd be interested to know why we're not "League One steady", because the league table and points gained at the halfway stage of the season is pretty much the definition of "steady".  

Advert

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Last night just shows what a great manager we have, conjuring a magnificent victory with the bare bones of a squad. Yes, he has made mistakes but is learning from them as he goes along.

Most fans have been crying out for the team to be set up and play this way since early September but it’s taken 4 months and a lot of dire performances before he’s done it 

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Last night just shows what a great manager we have, conjuring a magnificent victory with the bare bones of a squad. Yes, he has made mistakes but is learning from them as he goes along.

I was in the keep Crosby camp, however I’d still describe him as a developing manager, but one who clearly has players 100% behind him. Even players who have been left out playing for the shirt and club

I’d also describe him as brave last night. Starting with 2 young full backs and it paid off. Top result 

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Just the same as one poor performance shouldn't get anybody the sack, one good performance doesn't cover up the utter dross that has been dished up for most of the season. 

He is still on borrowed time for me.

That’s 2 and a half games now though where we have been excellent (last 3 home games) 

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Just the same as one poor performance shouldn't get anybody the sack, one good performance doesn't cover up the utter dross that has been dished up for most of the season. 

You may have missed it but we’ve had more than one good performance this season, and I have to ask do you honestly think it’s been “utter dross” for most of it?  I’m not pretending it’s been stellar but we’ve played at least ok in many games, great in a few and poorly in a few.  Our league position and the cup run bear this out.

2 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

29 points despite utter dross. It's almost like you're not making sense. 

Archived