onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool (H) match thread - 29th Dec

robf

Advert

4 minutes ago, Conrad said:

So he goes out on loan then 2 days later he’s recalled?

it was a week later he got recalled, it was only a months loan in the first place. The fact that sang is now injured explains why he's been recalled. Plants out so we only have shorrock & grant to play at lwb. Massey & lomax possibly but aren't left footed 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

Was it a result of Blades recalling Ollie?  We needed him back straight away?

doubt it mate as shorrock is a left back, wing back & winger. Who can play in a back 3 as well, never know him to play midfield 

Edited by Vtid

Well done Crosby tonight! Made a brave call playing the young lads and it paid off. Wilson and uche looked a handful all night and big uche had his best game for us i thought. Sharrock if he keeps putting them performances in wont be with us for very long. Glad to see smith back in and we looked a lot better defensively. A small step in the right direction lets hope it continues on new years day. I see that clown tom amos is slating uche still after tonight's performance. Also slated crosby for started the young players before the game. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

doubt it mate as shorrock is a left back, wing back & winger. Who can play in a back 3 as well, never know him to play midfield 

Understood, I was just thinking of having an extra body back in the squad - we have been known to play players out of position....

Also, I'm not sure when we were told about Arblaster - hopefully we have a plan B in the January window for this eventuality.  But whatever the reason, I'm glad Shorrock is back in the fold.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

Well done Crosby tonight! Made a brave call playing the young lads and it paid off. Wilson and uche looked a handful all night and big uche had his best game for us i thought. Sharrock if he keeps putting them performances in wont be with us for very long. Glad to see smith back in and we looked a lot better defensively. A small step in the right direction lets hope it continues on new years day. I see that clown tom amos is slating uche still after tonight's performance. Also slated crosby for started the young players before the game. 

he's such a knob 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Lornelounger said:

Understood, I was just thinking of having an extra body back in the squad - we have been known to play players out of position....

Also, I'm not sure when we were told about Arblaster - hopefully we have a plan B in the January window for this eventuality.  But whatever the reason, I'm glad Shorrock is back in the fold.

Possibly but just makes more sense to recall his as competition for grant with sang obviously picking up a knock. Devine & Garrity could do a job in the middle playing like they have tonght. Ojo could struggle get back in when he returns 

31 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Stick that up ya!

Well done Vale, every single player is playing for the manager without a shadow of a doubt. 9 points clear of the bottom 4, games in hand, bottom of the league next up which gives us a great chance to add to the points total.

Credit to Crosby, 2 x kids at wing back & it worked. Jack Shorrock superb against one of the most dangerous players in this league in CJ Hamilton. 16 years old, quite incredible. 

Special mention to Uche who they couldn't deal with all night. I'm not his biggest fan but he did really well tonight.

Those calling for Crosby's head hang your heads in shame, & that goes for the Ale & Vale pile on. Massive agenda against Crosby based on nothing more than greed. We are a mid table League 1 side. Sometimes we'll be terrible, sometimes we'll be great. Suck it up.

Let me ask again... where do we need to be in the table for the ppl calling for Crosby out to be content? We're on the same number of points as 12th place & have home game(s) in hand over most teams. Halfway through the season, 29 points, we're on course for 58 points if we repeat our first half of the season form. Bang midtable.

I'd have taken that & a cup run this season. Lots of fans with delusions of grandure. Ppl hoping we got pumped 5 tonight so Crosby gets the sack. Absolute disgrace. Sit down!

Think thats a tad unfair tbh mate on people wanting him out. Since September weve been dreadful you cant argue against that we had won 2 games in about 16 matches. I really dont think fans wanting him out is that bad of a stance to take. Listen if he gets the time and turn it around and he does so brilliant. My opinion had been based on performances id see since September not just the results. It has been dire but heres hoping were at a turning point now.. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

That last 20 minutes at Barnsley could be huge.

Crosby appears to have found a few solutions:

- Athleticism in the flanks, led by the absolutely outstanding Shorrock. I've not seen a more composed 16 year old in football at this level. 

- Devine playing deeper, allowing him to control the game and play more direct passes than Ojo would in the same position

- Two up front, a physical player and a more mobile/technical one, giving us an outlet for our longer balls

- Chislett and Garrity as grafting '8s', one to create and one to rat away. Both worked exceptionally hard without the ball and combined delightfully for the opener.

- Debrah, Lowe, and Smith being the best back three combination.

Was really heartened by the energy, commitment, and aggression of the second half. We stopped faffing about with it and did what we do best - up and at them, into these football. The fans responded.

We need to use this as a springboard. I, as have others, have had major doubts but have tried to balance it with an acceptance that our league position was just about OK. Crosby has to be credited with placing faith in this crop of youngsters. 14th on New Years Day is pretty decent, if not outstanding. If we use the window to bring in 2-3 physical players in the right areas, we can build on this nice run of 10 points from 15. Anything above 12th is an outstanding season.

Will cool off on the desire to see managerial change. He's at least earned a fair run now, and I sincerely hope the DoF backs him with signings as astute as Debrah, who continues to impress.

The last point is that I've never seen us play more than 1-2 youngsters. To have seen Plant, Shorrock, Dipepa, Lomax and Walters contribute is honestly brilliant. I hope McDermott re-enters the fold. I'd rather these lads out there, grafting and making mistakes, than the experienced lads who have tried and failed to deliver.

Cracking night. Will pipe down and let Crosby cook for a bit.

Why are you piping down? Just carry on I m sure Crosby doesn't care about what you think anyway. He s a professional been in football all his life .. stick to your guns you think everything about the club is rubbish surely you can t change your views after a single victory?

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Think thats a tad unfair tbh mate on people wanting him out. Since September weve been dreadful you cant argue against that we had won 2 games in about 16 matches. I really dont think fans wanting him out is that bad of a stance to take. Listen if he gets the time and turn it around and he does so brilliant. My opinion had been based on performances id see since September not just the results. It has been dire but heres hoping were at a turning point now.. 

If you want dreadful pal you have a short memory... go back a few years and you will find dreadful.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bobnewtonian said:

Why are you piping down? Just carry on I m sure Crosby doesn't care about what you think anyway. He s a professional been in football all his life .. stick to your guns you think everything about the club is rubbish surely you can t change your views after a single victory?

I said earlier that I was torn as to whether I'd been too harsh on Crosby considering the league position was OK. Performances have been poor but, after a bit of reflection, 16th (and now 14th) is entirely reasonable on our budget. Tonight, Wigan for 70 minutes, and Barnsley for 20 are our best performances of the season - which suggest things are coming together despite a lot of teething problem.

I really don't think everything about the club is rubbish. We have a top 5 owner in the 92 and a clearly thriving academy, a stadium I love and resilient fanbase, despite all the stick they get.

Was unsure on Crosby and can't say I'm carrying the flag for him now, but accept that he's showing enough post-poor run to suggest he's learning and correcting his mistakes. Tonight's switch to a more direct style is evidence of that and I hope it continues.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 6