onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool (H) match thread - 29th Dec

robf

Advert

Any dangers we won’t just say Blackpool were terrible? Well done vale. Top half is that? Nearly? 
did crozball manage the game well? Or was experienced critchley just having a bad day ? 

Edited by WV
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Hopefully Loft is becoming immune to the booing at this stage

He could always try and look like a footballer to win the crowd round. Ben Garrity attracted some criticism last season but looks like one of the best players in the division this time round and was awesome again tonight, covering young Shorrock and also finding space to score that vital first goal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Even in victory some still find ways to temper it.

Weirdly when the 3rd went in to put it to bed I wondered if those who openly hoped we’d lose tonight were celebrating that goal and enjoying a good victory? 

i was 🙋🏼‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well done, the Vale. After Tuesday's performance, where did that come from? Credit to Crosby for his team selection tonight, at last he's listened to us know-alls on OVF and played two upfront with Chizzy behind. Thought Uche and Wilson were immense tonight and the turning point was the interchange between Chizzy and Wilson with that wonderful Willo left foot finish into the top corner. Sandwiched between Gazza's great opener and Smudger's tap in, it made for a great scoreline.

Credit to all the lads tonight -  even Lofty - for digging in after a slow start. Thought they really fought for each other and the two youngsters, especially Shorrock, were a credit to the Academy (take a bow, Will Ryder!). The difference between the two sides was that their defence simply couldn't get to grips with Uch and Willo and they therefore struggled to build from the back. The wisdom of playing two up front, Willo and Uche - the Beauty and the Beast.

And all this with Ojo and Arblaster missing - who'd a thunk it?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Good win tonight , but I'm not going overboard see how the next few games plan. Out first also need to get Wilson signed up on another contact asap the guy is absolute class  , UTV 

he signed a contract extension about 3 hours ago pal 😂

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Made up for the lads and gaffer. 3 goals, clean sheet, young lads and old pros shown such spirit and togetherness tonight. Very proud of Vale tonight emoji123.png
Just papering over the cracks lads emoji849.png

FFS

when I did my MA in Education, I learnt a hell of a lot - but there was one thing my professor once said to me that has stuck with me all the way through

ALWAYS END ON A POSITIVE 😍😍😍😍

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Thought it was a fantastic result and thrilled to bits with the performance of the young lads. Shorrock was immense and Lomax did great too. Garrity you could tell wanted to do well against his former club.

I’ve been critical of Crosby and still am but he made a bold call this evening and it worked. That’s more the Vale I want to see playing with energy and I think the young lads who’ve come in have been no small part of that. Great way to end 2023 anyway.

• Like 8