onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool (H) match thread - 29th Dec

robf

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

Just worried that the next game we will be dog sheti and can't string a pass together.  That is usually what this side does.  Plays really well one game and then next rubbish.

Have to put the sword to  Carlisle. They are in dire form  

• Like 4

Advert

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Big thing is the points tally imo. I’m Crosby’s biggest critic but if those points keep going up as they are doing then I’ll accept it. I think with this current squad we are going to be very inconsistent but hopefully on tonight we have found another couple of young gems 

As you say, points keep you in a job and I was for him going as well.

However, the youngsters have shown they are capable of playing well at this level. 

Just need a good transfer window (fingers crossed) and we bring in a striker and a loanee that is in Ollies playing ability.

• Like 2

Well done all the Vale players and staff. 

Great 3 points and showed some brilliant passages of play.  Thought it was going to go the other way the first 20 minutes of this match.

Looking forward to the next match and hoping they can produce this type of play.  

• Like 3

Excellent result. Not able to go tonight. Shows what can be done with the best forward players firing. Need to go to Carlisle and back it up. 

This is really envigorating. Been a struggle often over the last few months. But tonight showed the level the team can reach in this division. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 4

Fantastic result! Can't remember last time we won by 2 clear goals never mind 3. A rare clean sheet is nice too! Started slow but grew into the game. Willo, Uche, Garrity & Shorrock were brilliant. I'm a crosby out guy but fair play he got it bang on tonight & when he does i will praise him. Not sugar coating some of the dross we've seen this season but we're on the same points as Charlton now who are sat comfortably in 12th. A mid table finish would be a success for me. Going to bed happy tonight... goodnight Valiants 💙

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 5

Just now, Doha said:

Blackpool defensive horror show but fair enough, can't argue with a 3-0 win.

It wasn't all about their bad defending we showed some quality in our goals & we're clinical when the opportunity arised. Let's not concentrate on the opposition 

• Like 4

Well, well, well. Didn't expect that. I thought we might be good for a point with a but of luck. But after growing into the game and going 1-0 up I was pretty confident we would go on to win the game as long as the manager didn't make a pigs ear of his subs, and he didn't. Blackpool are clearly suffering on the road but they have some very good players in their side regardless, and we deservedly won the game. Along with the 3 points the most pleasing aspect is seeing a few of our younger players more than holding their own, and in Shorrock's case especially, even beyond that. Although he will never be a goal-scorer, we're a much better side with Ikpeazu in it until he inevitably tires. He attracts defenders and that gives more space for the likes of Wilson and Chislett.

Hopefully back it up with 3 points now against Carlisle in a few days time. I'm not Crosby in after the odd good game, but I'll certainly shut up for a few days at least instead of banging the same drum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2