onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stevenage (H) FAC2R Match thread 12th Dec

6 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

You have to wonder why there isn't someone in our backroom staff challenging AC's subs tonight and his decisions over the last 12 or so games?

Schofield hasn't worked in senior football for 7 years.

Dunn was atrocious at his only managerial job.

We have a rookie manager.

There's zero experience in the dugout, and it shows. 

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 1

Advert

5 minutes ago, Black N White said:

To be honest I don’t blame Crosby. He’s not good enough I think he knows that himself. He’s out of his depth. 

I blame Carol for sacking Clarke and replacing him with Crosby. Who in the right mind would do this? 

I blame Carol for cutting the budget despite selling players, Harrison, Hall, Forester. What did she think would happen? Play offs, Wembley, record shirt sales. Where has all the money gone? 

Employing her son over Garlick again  Carol’s decision. 

Refusing offers for the club when it is crystal clear she hasn’t got the money or know how to progress the club, selfish Carol just sell up and move on. 

Next season will see more budget cuts, youth team players in the first team who are not good enough whilst attendances drop. Happy clapppers you get the club you deserve. 

Carol for the sake of the club just sell up and go. 

What’s the offer she refused?

God, our fans are crap. Makes me sick sometimes. Boos. Scapegoats. Fickle. Negative. Rubbish atmosphere and can't get a decent song out if we aren't 3-0 up.
I don't remember shouting for JR'S head when we struggled in the Championship. This current mob we let in would be.
Getting a season ticket among the drooling swamp donkeys who occupy the back of the Hamil might be the worst decision I've ever made. More Stone Island badges than brain cells. Loaded up on Coke and Kopperberg, using words like 'limbs' and smelling of Joop. 
Got to keep going though. But God, I hate that lot.
Footballs a broad church mate.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

Just now, JoeB2 said:

There's zero experience in the dugout and it shows. 

Appreciate that but Christ! Just wreaks of incompetence and/or weak management.

It's sports science not chemistry. Players may not always get injured if they play a little bit longer than the sports scientists state.

It's like he trying to manage by scientific formula. I totally agree with your previous post about how he should be managing the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeB2 said:

Crosby's interview once again presents a man who doesn't see his own role/agency in things. He's not leading.

Stevenage can pin you back - yes, as you subbed your midfield for a centre half and a teenager.

It's just all so passive. Sub  the best players because the numbers told me. Stevenage pinned us back and that was nothing to do with me.

Where's the leadership? Own up to the mistakes and put it right. This abrogation of responsibility is getting ridiculous.

Cant even bring myself to listen to it

11 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Crosby being overly-reliant on sports science comes back to my points earlier in this week. He's swamping himself in analysis and avoiding leadership/tough decisions.

The bloke delegates decision making to the stats and the sports science. He doesn't go with instinct or gut. He just does what the numbers tell him to do. He doesn't make decisions. He bangs on about first contact from crosses and injury loads, but never really tells us what he thinks.

All the stats and sports science in the world could have told him that Arblaster and Devine should come off, but emotion, momentum, and common sense should have said "no, I need to control this game with good midfielders, see out a win, and set up a crucial festive period with £67k extra in the bank for January". He didn't make that decision. He conferred with 3 other coaches, look at some numbers, and did what they told him to do. We're being managed by an algorithm.

If it aint broke dont fix it . 2-0 up on the hour just keep on doing what you are doing and win the game. All this game management and sports science is a load of bollards ! 

• Like 1

Just now, Pheonix Vale said:

Yeah ! Let's Sack our Manager ? Then get 'one' in, who has already been sacked. Multiple times ?, By multiple clubs ? Because ( Their Supporters Didn't Like him ) - Look - Stoke's just Sacked manager ( Who Stoke Supporters Didn't Like ) is Now Available - QUICK Sign Him ? 😄 😆 🤣

Yes, you're right. I'm convinced. Let's stick with Crosby.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

We have a rookie manager.

There's zero experience in the dugout, and it shows. 

I mentioned last week that the backroom staff Clarke had with Crosby in it was stronger than the one we have now.