onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton W (A) FLT 32 match thread 5th Dec

Advert

32 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Not only is Crosby tactically inept & totally out of his depth but the way he he talks bores me to death.

He's like some second rate politician how he drones on.  No idea how that gets the players motivated before a game with the way he talks.

I have not listened to any kind of Crosby interview for about a month now

I stopped listening also - found it a bit sad to have stopped really as I feel like I'm losing interest in the club but his interviews are just so boring and nothing is actually said.

2 hours ago, Emile said:

I stopped listening also - found it a bit sad to have stopped really as I feel like I'm losing interest in the club but his interviews are just so boring and nothing is actually said.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with both of you. I too, find it hard to imagine how he can inspire his squad with his lack of enthusiasm and motivational skills.

20 hours ago, werstayinup said:

There will be plenty who would want the job along with a couple in work who would cost a little bit of compo like with DC,we cant hold onto a manager thinking that there is no one to replace him

At the moment we are taking a massive gamble with our league one future imo

I have a mate who is a Grimsby fan and they have just replaced their manager with David Artell. Not in any way am I suggesting Artell just that he was a  guy I had forgot about and wasnt even on my radar. Im sure there will be more obvious candidates but also ones like him. Thankfully above my paygrade to pick the next one.

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Crosby is not the problem, we have had too much turnover in the squad and wasted too much money doing it. Now we are stuck with an unbalanced squad of journeymen players and young loanees who don't really have enough invested in Port Vale as a club. 

Often in the past I have seen Vale play teams who were not much better than us generally but have goal scorers and have beaten us. I have also seen teams dominate us and our strikers have won us the game, not recently of course.

I genuinely believe RZ that our team is OK for League 1 apart from lacking 2 goal scoring strikers, would currently settle for 1.

19 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

I have a mate who is a Grimsby fan and they have just replaced their manager with David Artell. Not in any way am I suggesting Artell just that he was a  guy I had forgot about and wasnt even on my radar. Im sure there will be more obvious candidates but also ones like him. Thankfully above my paygrade to pick the next one.

I think Lee Bell is doing one hell of a job at Crewe.

If we could pay compensation for a manager, Lee Bell would be on my list

6 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

But it doesn't happen at the more successful clubs, I thought the best approach was to maintain the spine of a squad with good players who had played together for a few seasons while changing the peripheral squad members based on ability and/or age. Ideally bringing in younger/better players and allowing the older/not so good players to leave either for money or free depending upon their contract situation.

What if the spine isn’t good enough? Our ‘spine’ was league 2 standard hence the attempts to improve it. I’d argue players like Garrity, Ojo and Smith are now the ‘spine’ 

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

It is all Clarke and Flitcrofts fault. Clarke is obsessed with getting rid of deadwood and finding players who are so desperate for a club that they will pay for peanuts. Flitcroft is just a dreamer who falls out with a lot of people behind the scenes (allegedly) but not Carol unfortunately...

Should we have kept the deadwood? That makes loads of sense. Let’s have mills and bloody whitehead in league 1 see how we get on. 

15 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What if the spine isn’t good enough? Our ‘spine’ was league 2 standard hence the attempts to improve it. I’d argue players like Garrity, Ojo and Smith are now the ‘spine’ 

Should we have kept the deadwood? That makes loads of sense. Let’s have mills and bloody whitehead in league 1 see how we get on. 

McKirdy was part of the "deadwood" he may have been a bit difficult to handle but he did score 10+ goals for Swindon the season after we released him from his last year of his contract with us. Was that such a brilliant move? 

11 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

McKirdy was part of the "deadwood" he may have been a bit difficult to handle but he did score 10+ goals for Swindon the season after we released him from his last year of his contract with us. Was that such a brilliant move? 

20+ but as said we got promoted and he arguably helped with his miss! He didn't fit with us or us him and he moved on, it was the right move, aside from Swindon he didn't do it at Hibs before his period out.

14 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

yeah 🙄

20 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Yes because he’s an absolute tosser

Archived