onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby (H) match thread 28th Nov

36 minutes ago, steauavaliant said:
1 hour ago, Vtid said:
i like uche but his quality is so poor at times & not seen anything from loft whatsoever. I didn't really notice garrity until prob the last 20 mins or so myself 

Why do you like Uche if his quality is poor? Do you know him?

i said at times 🙄 he works hard & is a nuisance he brings a different dynamic & option up front to what we have which can be useful at times. His control is poor & technial ability. I once spoke to him in the george hotel if that counts 🙄

Advert

22 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I guess the question is; what's worse?

Option A - he hasn't been sacked as the club genuinely think there's enough positive signs to persevere

Option B - they know he needs to go but don't want to admit the mistake in appointing him

Scarily, I don't know which one of these it is. I hope its A and they are right.

2 hours ago, DazFred said:

Totally disagree. Thought it was Massey's fault at the game,and having seen it again,he had the chance to whack it clear.

First half he kicked one from RB straight to an opponent in the middle of the pitch. Crossed one at about 50mph to Uche first half and had the ball in clear space from a corner in the box,trapped it,and sidefooted it straight to an opponent who were on the break. Not to mention his gaffe versus Posh. The quickest he moved was when he was subbed. 

But I can give examples of others players making errors as well , call him out for the goal but the rest is football  at league one level .

3 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

But I can give examples of others players making errors as well , call him out for the goal but the rest is football  at league one level .

But I haven't listed all of the ones he made last night.

This is the same player who thought it was funny when we lost to Accie away last season. He came with much promise but looks like he can't be arsed most games 

We keep trying to create the unmissable chance rather than identifying instinctive opportunities and being brave when such passages of play are presented. Ripley was MOM last night because apart from the goal, Derby didn't have may, if any,clear cut tap in chances, but regularly made him work,  by being decisive as a first option. Put simply, not being frightened to "ave a go"

We seem to be so obsessed with possession that we are now geared in such a way that we daren't even take a risk in the opposition box for fear of losing possession, so the result is no chances created, no goal threat and yet another move breaking down before we've even got there.

I don't care whether it's tactics, systems or style of play, but it clearly isn't working so Crosby and Co must change this turgid mindset before it becomes an irretrievable situation. 

Galatatasaray v Man Utd has restored my faith in football players giving it there all not a thought for defensive structure and nonsense just 2 teams going hell for leather for the win .

I ain't seen a game like that at Vale yet the last time was v Leyton Orient they thought they had won Dennis Politic and Co were having none of it .

Vale players Need to change there mentality when wearing our shirts there's too much worrying about babysitting defenders who are slow and ponderous (Debrah ain't he as already shown in his recovery tackles work what he is all about)and not enough sod them our job is to score and entertain .

Until Crosby is braver if we persist in employing him he needs be braver in his team set ups.

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

I guess the question is; what's worse?

Option A - he hasn't been sacked as the club genuinely think there's enough positive signs to persevere

Option B - they know he needs to go but don't want to admit the mistake in appointing him

They're equally as bad and neither is a valid reason for persevering with Crosby.

If it's A, it's sheer delusion because there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that a manager with the worst record in the EFL this calendar year can possibly improve to the level required; reminds me of Dickens' Mr Micawber hoping against hope that something will turn up.

If it's B, it's putting their own ego ahead of the needs of the club, its supporters and its community; that would be unforgivable sheer hubris.

My money's on A, for all the good it will do.

2 hours ago, Class personified said:

It is time for AC to go. It was shambolic last night. We could still be playing now and not score. In the league our 4 centre forwards I think have mustered 2 goals. Both I believe are from Willo, one of which was a penalty. To be fair to Thomas, pre injury,AC prefers Uche and Loft. Only Garrity, Ollie, Devine and Ripley came out of that with any credit. We are going down with AC and DF at the helm. Massey was garbage all night. Smith had just bailed him out seconds earlier then he decides to do the same almost immediately  His petulance straight afterwards by subbing himself should mean he never wears a Vale shirt again. Can he take AC,DF,Cass, Loft and Uche with him as well. Appalling football. 

Massey  didn’t sub himself. Crosby called him over straight  and he had to waited on the touch line because the sub wasn’t ready. It was right in front of me.

19 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

They're equally as bad and neither is a valid reason for persevering with Crosby.

If it's A, it's sheer delusion because there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that a manager with the worst record in the EFL this calendar year can possibly improve to the level required; reminds me of Dickens' Mr Micawber hoping against hope that something will turn up.

If it's B, it's putting their own ego ahead of the needs of the club, its supporters and its community; that would be unforgivable sheer hubris.

My money's on A, for all the good it will do.

Or C/ Can’t afford to pay him off AND invest in a new manager, LWB and ST in Jan

We appear to have this just get to Jan and it will be OK. 

I agree with you A but  C is definitely factored in the equation.

2 hours ago, Vtid said:

i said at times 🙄 he works hard & is a nuisance he brings a different dynamic & option up front to what we have which can be useful at times. His control is poor & technial ability. I once spoke to him in the george hotel if that counts 🙄

What were either of you doing in the George?!? Pimps or dealers?!?

13 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

What were either of you doing in the George?!? Pimps or dealers?!?

🙄 this was when he was first on loan in 2015. I was having a pint you nosey sod 😃 i'm guessing the Vale were putting him up in there as he was staying there & he was in the lounge. This was when it wasn't quite as bad of a dust den 

13 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Galatatasaray v Man Utd has restored my faith in football players giving it there all not a thought for defensive structure and nonsense just 2 teams going hell for leather for the win .

I ain't seen a game like that at Vale yet the last time was v Leyton Orient they thought they had won Dennis Politic and Co were having none of it .

Vale players Need to change there mentality when wearing our shirts there's too much worrying about babysitting defenders who are slow and ponderous (Debrah ain't he as already shown in his recovery tackles work what he is all about)and not enough sod them our job is to score and entertain .

Until Crosby is braver if we persist in employing him he needs be braver in his team set ups.

Thank God Onana didn't sign for the Vale. Two massive blunders and at fault for the third by being beaten on his near post. 

Utd opponents think he's the gift that keeps on giving. 

2 hours ago, Warren said:

Thank God Onana didn't sign for the Vale. Two massive blunders and at fault for the third by being beaten on his near post. 

Utd opponents think he's the gift that keeps on giving. 

What a match, there were that many c*ck ups I had to check I wasnt watching the Shrewsbury vs Vale highlights 😍😍😍😍😍

Archived