onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence (2)

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

Personally don't find him a nice guy - I find his interviews arrogant, deceitful and dismissive of the fans. But each to their own - for the record I really wasn't a fan of DCs early interviews and thought he was going to be a Jim Gannon short term appointment and I didn't think Micky Adams was a nice person. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Advert

7 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I do get behind the team. I’ll still be there Tuesday. Doesn’t change the fact we’ve got a clueless manager at the helm. We won’t beat derby because we are utter garbage. Not saying I want ainsworth but he took Wycombe to the championship. What’s Crosby done?

what did John Rudge do in his first season now we are building a statue for him give him time we are playing some of the best football i have seen at vale park in my lifetime.We all know what we want  but the Andy Jones Bert Llewellyns Roy Sprosons and Dean Glovers of this world do not grow on trees they cost a lot of money jumping on the bandwagon of get him out will not help time will be patient we will get there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Emile said:

Personally don't find him a nice guy - I find his interviews arrogant, deceitful and dismissive of the fans. But each to their own - for the record I really wasn't a fan of DCs early interviews and thought he was going to be a Jim Gannon short term appointment and I didn't think Micky Adams was a nice person. 

Well your opinion on Crosby seems way off as he appears to be a genuinely nice guy and I don't know where you get the feeling of arrogance from.

Clarke and Adams had an incredible ruthless streak that means that they're great managers but not necessarily nice people. If anything, Crosby is lacking that.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Which then makes Exeter huge.

After that we're not getting many points until the New Year.

Change has to be made promptly. 

Shrewsbury was huge and I'm still angry/ gutted. Couldn't go but called in the shop and heard commentary briefly. I commented: "Let me guess, loads of possession, nice on the eye but losing" - I wasn't wrong. If I know then every team we play knows. We need change but that involves left sided players and forwards. If anything the DOF and the committee need to be looked at. Not convinced all is rosy in the Port Vale garden.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

I've seen the great name of John Rudge invoked/soiled to defend the name of every bad manager we have. We need to stop. Folk were saying it about Sinnott and Michael Brown when they got us relegated. It's disrespectful to the great man.

A once in a lifetime manager having a dodgy first season nearly 40 years ago cannot be justification for giving obviously inadequate managers more time in a completely different footballing world. Stop, please.

Look at the individual merits/flaws of Crosby and make your judgement there. Don't just fall back on, 'well, Rudgie had a bad season, ergo you cannot sack managers'.

Excuse me i am not soiling Rudge at all just stating a fact i thank John Rudge for what he did for the vale in the long run always will but if it was not for Kevin Finneys goal against macc the whole Rudge story would never have happened. all i am saying just have a little patience and give Crosby the time he needs and deserves .

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Easy blame the manager .

He plays Ojo in back 3 v Burton we control the game win ,he does it yesterday we concede 2 diabolical goals for a professional side and we lose and folk are going whys Ojo back there yet I thought he wasthe best of the 3 .

Pointing fingers isn't going help .

What is is support .

As a Vale fan of 32 years and football fan of 43 years as didn't or wasn't interested in football till was 8 years old I can categoratorily say that this Vale squad of players possession wise are one of the best sides I've seen only v Cheltenham have they completely annoyed me this season even yesterday when masseys slashed one wide make it 2-2 I've believed that the performance deserved a lot better result and outcome .

Hows your luck Vale garrity gets on end of Sangs corner it's heading for the net at 0-0 it hits chislett .

Uche scores and I'm.baffled what's he done who's he fouled it looked like nothing to me. 

Come on Crosby I'm saying get on to  them owners and tell them Billy Sharp is available .

He is the missing link .

We not far away 

Keep the faith 

Moaning achieves diddly squat .

UTV 

14 hours ago, hamilboy said:

It's just part and parcel of being a vale fan for nearly 70 years now listening and hearing so called fans moaning just get behind the team.Why carn't we beat Derby we beat them last year we beat them in the cup years ago when they were supposed to be a good side have some faith for gods sake.We will finish mid table this year with crosby in charge people say bring Ainsworth in as manager he has just had the bloody sack his teams play horrible football if you want that so be it we have had a lot of managers who have played like that in my time of watching my club no more please.j

Thank <ovf censored> for a voice of reason!  No real surprise to see the likes of Emile, The Kalamazoo Kid and Brian Johnson supporting all the negative posts on here!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Thank <ovf censored> for a voice of reason!  No real surprise to see the likes of Emile, The Kalamazoo Kid and Brian Johnson supporting all the negative posts on here!

Flood midfield, pass the ball around sideways and backwards, dominate possession.

We have very slow play, predictable, zero penetration and no change of pace. It’s very easy to defend but the biggest issue is we are extremely vulnerable in transition.

I don’t think anyone could argue any different.

The question is do you really believe Crosby can come up with a different game plan or is prepared to try an alternative different to get a different result?

• Like 1

The sad thing is if Crosby does get sacked, we will lose the coaching, passion, personality and player communication he brings. That is all valuable and does not require him to be manager. I'd like him as assistant under a different manager but obviously that's untenable.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I sincerely, sincerely hope I am proved wrong here. I said the same thing after Clarke was sacked and I said the same thing in May when Crosby was appointed the manager. I want the Vale to succeed, and I think the owners of this club deserve the success after everything they have done for it. I sing my daughter the wonder of you every night before bed. 

This last 12 months has been the worst for me as a Vale fan that I can remember. There have been darker time, with three appalling ownerships that almost cost the club it's existence, but I still felt proud to be a Port Vale fan. There was a feeling that it was backs against the wall and we wanted to survive, even if that resulted in the era's of Michael Brown, Aspin etc. I didn't even think we were as bad as others made out under Bruno - I still believed there was enough in that side to stay up until we sold our best players in that January and the writing was on the wall. 

For me, the way the club handled Clarke's dismissal was and still is, unforgivable. Thrown under the bus without as much of a thankyou. Suggesting the club went through the loss of his daughter together, unfathomable. Crosby coming in and pretending Clarke didn't exist for me showed an absolute lack of respect. We then bodged our way through the end of the season, bodged our way through hiring a new manager and then limped through a preseason schedule of playing the local primary school in a friendly match in Spain. The writing was on the wall - we don't have anyone who actually knows how to manage the football team and until we resolve this issue we are heading for relegation. Hire a new experience manager, hire some good coaches and give them an input on the players we need to buy / sell in January - this will be enough to keep us up.

Like I said before, I would be really happy to be proved wrong here, but from the outside, it seems pretty obvious what is going wrong and how it was going to go wrong the moment we decided not to even bother looking for a replacement for the manager.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Emile said:

I sincerely, sincerely hope I am proved wrong here. I said the same thing after Clarke was sacked and I said the same thing in May when Crosby was appointed the manager. I want the Vale to succeed, and I think the owners of this club deserve the success after everything they have done for it. I sing my daughter the wonder of you every night before bed. 

This last 12 months has been the worst for me as a Vale fan that I can remember. There have been darker time, with three appalling ownerships that almost cost the club it's existence, but I still felt proud to be a Port Vale fan. There was a feeling that it was backs against the wall and we wanted to survive, even if that resulted in the era's of Michael Brown, Aspin etc. I didn't even think we were as bad as others made out under Bruno - I still believed there was enough in that side to stay up until we sold our best players in that January and the writing was on the wall. 

For me, the way the club handled Clarke's dismissal was and still is, unforgivable. Thrown under the bus without as much of a thankyou. Suggesting the club went through the loss of his daughter together, unfathomable. Crosby coming in and pretending Clarke didn't exist for me showed an absolute lack of respect. We then bodged our way through the end of the season, bodged our way through hiring a new manager and then limped through a preseason schedule of playing the local primary school in a friendly match in Spain. The writing was on the wall - we don't have anyone who actually knows how to manage the football team and until we resolve this issue we are heading for relegation. Hire a new experience manager, hire some good coaches and give them an input on the players we need to buy / sell in January - this will be enough to keep us up.

Like I said before, I would be really happy to be proved wrong here, but from the outside, it seems pretty obvious what is going wrong and how it was going to go wrong the moment we decided not to even bother looking for a replacement for the manager.

Applying for the vacant Portsmouth job at the time, doesn't constitute as been thrown under a bus.

4 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

Applying for the vacant Portsmouth job at the time, doesn't constitute as been thrown under a bus.

He never applied for it

1 hour ago, Bimbleabout said:

DC was sacked because of off field things,that was untenable. We can't keep saying he was treated appallingly etc etc. Just let it go and wish him well.

What off field things?

9 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

What off field things?

My impression - and it's just that - is that DC was understandably nowehere near being in a fit state to manage the club. I have heard that his behaviour was alarming, Carol has said she wished she'd insisted he'd taken longer off and in one of the recent interviews he gave, Darrell admitted his behaviour (understandably) left a lot to be desired following his daughter's death. I think that's why the senior players approached Carol and possibly why the support DC had been given was mentioned in the statement following his sacking. I'd imagine (no proof whatsoever) that Darrell had been urged to take time away from the club and when he refused, Carol's hand was forced. It's <ovf censored> horrible and so tragic in many ways, and our subsequent travails come way down in that list.
I still think that the statement was poorly worded and Ellie shouldn't have been mentioned but have backtracked slightly in that I do feel that Carol only let him go very reluctantly and issues were more of a human nature than performance related.

• Like 3